A funny thing arrived in the mail today.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they send a reply paid envelope,stuff their rubbish (with or without your comments on it) and every other bit of junk mail you've got to get rid of,in the envelope,and send it.This way 1-they have to pay for the return postage (so costs them 2 lots of postage),and 2-they have to open ALL these,in case one is legit.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286922628[/time]

Jono link said:
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=185746.msg302191#msg302191 date=1286920155]
Yep got sent the souffs, scum, tigers, dogs for the last few years.  Usually write my comments on the envelope, such as 40-0, 40-0, 40-0 or souffs suck and return to sender, that way they have to pay for the pleasure of disposing of it responsibly.

This is actually the best idea I have heard so far
[/quote]

But they wont open those,they'll just turf them.You've got to use their reply paid envelope.That way they pay the postage,and they have to open it in case it's a fair dinkum m'ship appl.

I think we end up on their mailing lists when we buy tickets to away games.

Anyone else had the misfortune of being placed on the Sharks email mailing list?

At least it is good for a laugh.  I always chuckle when they refer to them as 'the mighty Sharks'...

As an aside I am sure everyone agree’s to the terms and conditions when they purchase online. In this is normally a standard clause that gives the company the right to

• Market to you
• Their partners (in this case other NRL clubs) to market to you

To stop receiving these communications you simply need to unsubscribe.

Think about it this way. Most people in here, at one time or another, have commented at how the club can get 60,000 supporters to a grand final but have so few ticketed members?

Well those people (myself included) may have purchased tickets on line....but how does the club communicate with them?

They go to the outlet – in this case ticketek – and “borrow the list”...then market away. Yes it would be annoying for storm / neutral fans but well worth it

I can tell you if I was the new membership manager it would be one of the first things I would be doing.....

Yeh I received a Souths membership form too, I think we purchased something online for my father who is a Souths fan... I think the method is great though... very professional presentation, came with heaps of information in a membership booklet... On the otherside I have purchased tickets, merchandise and had email discussions with Manly administration and am yet to receive anything that resembles a request for my membership... I think this area is where we really drop the ball! I agree, even if it does mean gettin the "list" of people who bought tickets to the 2008 GF and sending them all a letter, add to that everyone who has bought a ticket to the games this year... I recently contacted the membership department and it took over a week for them to get back to me... If they really do want to grow membership numbers in a way that the AFL teams do, I think they need to pick up their game!

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=185746.msg302099#msg302099 date=1286857714]
I hope we are not. What exactly did you do with the brochure?

You need to target kids, not adults.

One of my mates is an avid Manly supporter. His 6 year old was also a Manly fan, until Steve Turner went over there for a BBQ through mutual friends. The kid has been a Storm supporter ever since. 

Should report him to DOCs for bad paretning skills.  The whole Storm could over to my place for a BBQ but I can assure you my kids will never support another team.

As for the member loyalty program that sounds like a great idea  - Vidmar???
[/quote]

Sorry mate been flat chat

See this from the "Ask Lowie" page.....

What happened to the discount on season tickets that was offered to members last year who had served more than 10 years as a member?
Evan

Hi Evan. Thanks for your email, we appreciate our members and are doing our best to look after you all. You may have noticed that all membership packages for 2011 have been restructured. The packages are cheaper for 2011 to make sure that there are plenty of affordable options for all our loyal members. There's a package to suit everyone near and far. We are looking into starting a member recognition program in 2011 which will come with its own benefits for members who have been with the club for multiple years. We greatly appreciate your support!"

Jaime Bennett link said:
Yeh I received a Souths membership form too, I think we purchased something online for my father who is a Souths fan... I think the method is great though... very professional presentation, came with heaps of information in a membership booklet... On the otherside I have purchased tickets, merchandise and had email discussions with Manly administration and am yet to receive anything that resembles a request for my membership... I think this area is where we really drop the ball! I agree, even if it does mean gettin the \"list\" of people who bought tickets to the 2008 GF and sending them all a letter, add to that everyone who has bought a ticket to the games this year... I recently contacted the membership department and it took over a week for them to get back to me... If they really do want to grow membership numbers in a way that the AFL teams do, I think they need to pick up their game!
i had a similar experience to you- i bought a jacket for a mate for his birthday early this year. then recently a package arrived for me showing the benefits of being a souths supporter! i picked up the phone & was about to dial my mates number to abuse him thinking it was his idea when i remembered the purchase.
not a bad idea from their marketing dept.
pity manly don't do that

vidmar link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=185746.msg302112#msg302112 date=1286859315]
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=185746.msg302099#msg302099 date=1286857714]
I hope we are not. What exactly did you do with the brochure?

You need to target kids, not adults.

One of my mates is an avid Manly supporter. His 6 year old was also a Manly fan, until Steve Turner went over there for a BBQ through mutual friends. The kid has been a Storm supporter ever since. 

Should report him to DOCs for bad paretning skills.  The whole Storm could over to my place for a BBQ but I can assure you my kids will never support another team.

As for the member loyalty program that sounds like a great idea  - Vidmar???
[/quote]

Sorry mate been flat chat

See this from the "Ask Lowie" page.....

What happened to the discount on season tickets that was offered to members last year who had served more than 10 years as a member?
Evan

Hi Evan. Thanks for your email, we appreciate our members and are doing our best to look after you all. You may have noticed that all membership packages for 2011 have been restructured. The packages are cheaper for 2011 to make sure that there are plenty of affordable options for all our loyal members. There's a package to suit everyone near and far. We are looking into starting a member recognition program in 2011 which will come with its own benefits for members who have been with the club for multiple years. We greatly appreciate your support!"

[/quote]

The packages ARE cheaper for 2011,but lets remember,they've taken 2 games out-it's only for the 10 Brookie games.Still good value,but a bit of spin there!

ayjay007 link said:
The packages ARE cheaper for 2011,but lets remember,they've taken 2 games out-it's only for the 10 Brookie games.Still good value,but a bit of spin there!

can't fault the 3 game package,last year i paid $50 for maroon membership got a ticket to the first home game & this year for $5 extra get 3 home games entry

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8