A funny thing arrived in the mail today.......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
a Souths membership brochure. Hope we're doing a similar thing to other fan's by them getting Manly membership brochure's

I hope we are not. What exactly did you do with the brochure?

You need to target kids, not adults.

One of my mates is an avid Manly supporter. His 6 year old was also a Manly fan, until Steve Turner went over there for a BBQ through mutual friends. The kid has been a Storm supporter ever since. 

clontaago link said:

One of my mates is an avid Manly supporter. His 6 year old was also a Manly fan, until Steve Turner went over there for a BBQ through mutual friends. The kid has been a Storm supporter ever since. 

Still got it with me (for the time being) but comparing thing's between Manly's and Souths.

1 thing they have which we don't at the moment is a loyalty program which gives people benefit's after consecutive member years. 

clontaago link said:

Should report him to DOCs for bad paretning skills.  The whole Storm could over to my place for a BBQ but I can assure you my kids will never support another team.

As for the member loyalty program that sounds like a great idea  - Vidmar???

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=185746.msg302099#msg302099 date=1286857714]

Still got it with me (for the time being) but comparing thing's between Manly's and Souths.

1 thing they have which we don't at the moment is a loyalty program which gives people benefit's after consecutive member years. 
[/quote]

They're working on it though.

clontaago link said:

I just vomited reading that.

So why isnt Steve Menzies an NRL ambassador ?

That kid would never have turned into a scum drizzle supporter. Probably answered my own question.

yeah I got something from the Tigers and Doggies last year...it was after I bought a ticket for ANZ in 08 they somehow got my details.

When you buy tickets through ticketek for an away game you tend to eventually get membership info from the other club. I am not sure if we do the same

Jono link said:
yeah I got something from the Tigers and Doggies last year...it was after I bought a ticket for ANZ in 08 they somehow got my details.

That's unethical and illegal unless you have given verbal and / or written permission

Do you read the terms and conditions of everything you ever buy Ryan?

Unethical you are probably right, but where is the ethics in business these days?

Illegal i'd doubt it.

It happens ALL the time....I have had Titans and Bronco's membership details sent to me after buying tickets for Skilled and Sunnycorp.

I also participated in what I thought was an NRL survey in Melbourne in 2009 when down for one of the MWTS trips that year and lo and behold what arrived last November was a Storm membership application.....AND to add to the angst I received about 3 or 4 e-mails from them as a follow up.

The first one I replied to very politely, the fourth I said "WILL YOU PEOPLE f**k OFF I AM A MANLY SUPPORTER"

And yes I wonder if we do it..?

Yep got sent the souffs, scum, tigers, dogs for the last few years.  Usually write my comments on the envelope, such as 40-0, 40-0, 40-0 or souffs suck and return to sender, that way they have to pay for the pleasure of disposing of it responsibly.

MissKate link said:
Yep got sent the souffs, scum, tigers, dogs for the last few years.  Usually write my comments on the envelope, such as 40-0, 40-0, 40-0 or souffs suck and return to sender, that way they have to pay for the pleasure of disposing of it responsibly.

This is actually the best idea I have heard so far

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6