1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few Hard decisions which will make or break Barrett

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagle of London, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Eagle of London

Eagle of London Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 19
    After tonights performance albeit against pretty poor opponents gives TB a chance to be his own man and possibly succeed or be a b i t c h and take the fall.

Hate to finally say it but Snake has to sit the rest out. Turbo was fantastic and you can see that even with only 1 good leg he had the dragons worried every time the ball came his way.

Nate also has to go. Yes his defence is OK but he's not a meter eater in any way. Not really adding to team.

Jamie had his best game in ages. Walker was good.

Fowards looked hungry tonight. Kapow and Lussick were great. Green solid. Jamie B best he's been in a long while and Jake was super as always.

If as I suspect snake and Nate walk back into the side in a fortnight and we get rolled TB will be in all sorts of bother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Baz went to great pains in the presser to state that Snake will he back if he is fully fit.:nod:

Myles may get re injured in SOO3, so no need to worry about him @:cool:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Lyonstomenzies

Lyonstomenzies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 18
    Barrett should just stand up to him and tell Zorba that he is not getting his lunch anymore. #stopstealingmylunchbox

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,404 / 257
    The forwards threw themselves at the line all night - from Tapau to Burgess. That made a big difference. Running with intent. Set a great platform for the backs to get into gear.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. stoodamire

stoodamire Active Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Dragons were woeful.

However, things are looking up.

We nearly beat the Premiers on their home ground.

Shows how much better DCE is when our pack is laying the platform.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,759 / 100
    If Snake is fit and in form and his head is in the right space, only a moron would leave him out.

But if is a big word. I hope for all Manly fans he can regain both his form and enthusiasm.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Eagle of London

Eagle of London Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 19
    Problem for Manly and snake is how many sides even in England would take him at the moment.

We all know how good he can be but it's really not a good advert for him this season. Speed gone, disinterested, defence poor, hammy issues etc etc.

If I was running a super league team I would have little interest at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    If it's injury ( and I don't think it is) he needs to probably stand down for the rest of the year and come back really fresh in 2017.

I fear however it's mental, and that may well be " terminal " ( in a football sense).

One things for sure if he plays next time and we get flogged due to him loitering out the back doing nothing then Twenty will have no choice but to stand him down and possibly permanently for at least 2016.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    We'd be crazy to drop anyone right now. Injuries have dictated the team selections this season and last so stick with the formula. There was a lot to like about the cowboys game and then came Monday night's win. He has to stick with them.

10. Woodsie

Woodsie played strong, done good.

Ratings:
    +4,759 / 100
    Maybe Vave for Burgess would be ok?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    Touche' Woodsie. That would have to happen for sure. And Burgess might be out anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    His injury didn't look good, he's been one of the Silvertails patsy's this year but he was actually doing ok last night ( before being injured ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Eagle of London

Eagle of London Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 19
    How would they keep Nate out though?

If he plays for Qld then he will literally walk back into the side. And then continue to Walk for the next 27 or so minutes he gets against the Warriors.

Vave will come back in so who gets dropped. Brown?????

14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,838 / 103
    I really think that Bad Knee and Mr Plod could rekindle their form under the inspired coaching of Willow.
    Look how he's turned the NSW Cup team into a dynamic unit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. sean john

sean john Haters gonna hate..

Ratings:
    +427 / 34
    Myles has to go to reggies where he belongs.. Too many up and comers in the prop position to have this plodder holding back their game time and development. That way also he may get an offer elsewhere to play fg or may just retire and we can free up even more cash! Same applies to Lewis brown for that matter

16. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 63
    Mark, why don't you save yourself a few keystrokes and just use 20 ?

• Funny Funny x 1