A bit of history for the newcomers:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My snipe began because i was just sick of reading it... maybe it's the wrong way to go about it but i didn't and still don't see anyway to stop it.

My snipe began because i was just sick of reading it... maybe it's the wrong way to go about it but i didn't and still don't see anyway to stop it.

I've been assured it will stop, now I trust you will do the same??

Not trying to cause problems here Fro, but maybe some perspective and a type of blood letting is healthy/needed.

The Monas thing has turned into nothing more than a vicious circle. Even starting a thread with its question aimed at drilling down to people basic stance on the issue, gets derailed into side topics and personality clashes.

So without the ability to discuss facts and debate sensibly I am all for leaving the Monas issue alone.

As for Mata, lets be truthful here. The problems doesnt occur because Mata takes a rigid stance on a subject and somehow is out of step with the majority and the majority don’t like it.

Being opinionated is one thing but if people are honest they will say that what really gets them is Matas obnoxious, holier than thou, egocentric behaviour and that’s reflected in his statement :
“I am intellectually superior to the vast majority of the populace”

If the end result is posters feel he chooses to post here with an overriding attitude of superiority, with a side benefit being the ridicule of others at their expense then of course people will jack up. Maybe stop posting altogether.

I will take the approach that if I get to the stage where attempting to debate a topic where Mata is involved simply meets with a stone wall of obstinate attitude & the issues get sidetracked then I will ignore the topic altogether.

I don’t know who coined the phrase “Mata bashing” (could it be Mata himself ?) but my assessment is no victim status is deserved. In fact many might suggest the root cause of many of the troubled threads become inflamed due to his disdain for others & their opinions.

I would not like to see Mata not post here and I would not like to see others withdraw either, but I think it would be helpful to be brutally honest and acknowledge that people will always react when confronted with someone who parades in a superior way with an attitude of disdain towards others.

And it doesn’t help if the underlying reasoning all this happens is purely to create more posts & traffic to the site.

I definately have no issues with Mata but if I disagree with a point that is put forward I will do so.

I agree it all gets tiresome but I guess it makes things intersting on here.

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

[/quote]

It's Done.. til i feel the need to pipe up if something isn't right :)

“I am intellectually superior to the vast majority of the populace”

To bad the intellectual one lives in Dubbo.

[quote author=clontaago]
[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=clontaago]
Thats very hypocritical from someone with a HUGE agenda.

Not really. When you look at the names on the list of the originals there is a depth of intelligence and intellectual rigour that does not occur in the public forums anywhere near as much these days.

[/quote]

Or is to do with the fact that when people dont agree with your line of thinking that they then become intellectually inferior??

[/quote] I am intellectually superior to the vast majority of the populace. Thst's just how it is.

Whether they agree with me or not has nothing to do with it.

[/quote]

8| 8| Shocker !!! 8| 8|

[quote author=Fro]
[quote author=Nutzcraw]

[/quote]

It's Done.. til i feel the need to pipe up if something isn't right :)

[/quote]

Good Enough Nath

And Jatz, surely you realise a large proportion of Matas posts are simply to get a reaction, I know it, You know it, he knows it.

Ignoring it goes a long way to making it go away. Its only when he gets a bite that he will keep it going.

And Mata Bashing is my own phrase I think :)

I get **** a lot!
Either way I know who they are talking about

LOL, the old days. I remember nearly being given the punt from the old MSE many times for siding with mata and pepsi on there :D

As for now, although Mata is usually on the opposite side of things to me, i enjoy that an issue can be debated over numerous posts and more often than not doesnt turn personal.

That is what makes this site good imo

If i recall correctly i had the hooking spot in the Mullaniacs

You get \"Nath\" too, Nutz?

I hate it, hate it so much!

:lol:

Your name is Nathan too??

It doesn't really bother me that much hey... i'm a fairly easy going bloke though.

It sounds weird coming from a bloke though

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6