A birthday to remember !!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Jesus !!!

In bed dead to the world, and a 7.4 earthquake rocked us. I thought it was never going to stop, epicenter only 31km from me. Everything falling off the shelves, my ankle got nailed by the tv. Happened an hour ago and still getting shakes now. Buildings down in town apparently, power is gone. What an experience that was, won't forget this birthday in a hurry

Wow that's amazing, I had no idea it was your birthday. Happy birthday.

And sounds like a big quake too

Not many people can say they had a birthday quake  :)
Sounds pretty serious, glad your ok and hope you get a cake as well.

Thanx everyone. Have just been for a walk, thought you only see some of this stuff in the
Movies, is bloody surreal. Roads cracked and lifted, buildings down, flooding. Hope we have some power back for the footy tonight

Glad to hear you are OK.  A mate of mine who lives in Chch says the water is out too.  Glad there wasn't a tsunami. 

4096635.jpg

An image of the carnage. Still predicting a bit aftershock to come as well. Been a cracker day but storm warnings now out in force for tomorrow. If anyone wants to see any more pics

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/latest-updates-canterbury-earthquake-3759958/photos

I handled it pretty well this morning but tbh have been fair s**tting myself the last hour through these aftershocks, have had 20-25 aftershocks between 4-5.4 on the scale and are predicting a big one

just as well it happened in the middle of the night when people weren't out and about or there could have been more people hurt. 

Yeah mate, stoked it didn't happen tonight coz most likely i would have been on the way home from a night out. We are on curfew now.

Everyone is still waiting for the big aftershock now

Most importantly, is the cable back and can you watch the footy.

Do you have access to any ice and beer?

My emergency pack in the cupboard has a six pack, with some of those snap/crush ice packs that get cold after you break and bash them. Dual action. Help with injury and chill my 6 pack to get through any power outage......

Be prepared....

In all seriousness, if any shops are open, get yourself some of those icepacks....best idea I ever had.

Hope you are ok mate.

sorry just in smart ass mode

Haha all good mate, power came back on about 2pm. Stupidly my 1st thought this morning was hoping that we got power back for the footy. Have plenty of supplies for the night

Have bigger issues at the moment though. Not allowed to flush the toilets but have a big log ready to be dropped off, is a real dilemma

All the best KE. I lived in ChCh for a year so know it well and I was back there a few years ago for a wedding. Terrible pictures coming through and a real disaster. Best wishes mate and if you need anything just ask.

Regarding the log. Go check on tge neighbours. Spend 10 mins checking they are ok. Feigh illness and run to their big... Bang problem solved. Their issue now.

Happy Birthdaty Kiwi.
I hope all is well with you & yours.

Want to see you for a biggy at Brooky next year mate. We'll make sure Cambo comes back from bananaland for the same game!

Haha cheers again fella's

If I get a chance at some point I will chuck some pics I have taken up, some of the sights are unbelievable

Certainly puts some of the rubbish that will no doubt be floating around on here tonight into perspective

Hope all is well Kiwi......feel free to take out any frustration on the footy forum tonight....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4