A big thank you to Perry & Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem is, if we lose Des, and Crusher, then a few players, we will not have the financial stability to survive

ER40 - The story that was circulated some time ago was that Perry was happy for the Zorba announcement to come out post-season. Zorba pushed the issue and may in fact have hastened it with his remark to the Fox journo some weeks back.

Put it this way, if the Rd 25 fracas at Brookvale hadn't happened, maybe none of this would have happened.

Right now I imagine Perry is trying to get this club on the strongest financial footing possible and re-signing players and staff we want to keep. Something his immediate predecessor apparently had only the vaguest notion of doing in a timely fashion. Hence the backlog of 'Things to Do' we have now.

Notice on Grand Final day we had reports in both Sunday papers about big plans for Brookvale Oval? Plans that showed architect renders of new stands, including the perspective from Pittwater Road, as opposed to an online cut and paste job (showing a replicated Arthurson Stand in the S-E corner and basically a mirror image of the Jane Try Stand at the back of the Hill - not particularly 'inspiring'), that was served up as a future 'vision' for the ground a few years back.

This time around it looks like much more thought and planning has gone on. As was the indication that they were working with Council and state/federal governments to seek support and financing. Plus local opposition was muted by the fact that the commercial plans at the southern end have been shelved. I imagine Perry has something to do with all that. He joined us from St George-Illawarra, who have had some success of late in garnering serious funding for ground improvements, haven't they?

Whereas Lowe thought that using the Manly Daily to threaten Council over the state of the ground (and therefore a possible and ridiculously unrealistic move elsewhere - i.e. Manly Oval?) was a smart initiative a while back. Or Peters and possibly even Hasler, who thought it smart to heckle local members of the (then) incoming state government over funding for Brookvale. How to win friends and influence people, not...

We need smart people running the Club from here on in. We did have that a few years back when people like Joe Cross and Paul Cummings were involved. Not well-meaning, but out-of-touch avuncular types from a bygone era like Lowe, and to some extent Peters.

Hopefully any dead wood at board level will be forced out soon enough as well.

Good post Phantar. Those that want to send the place broke by us meeting other clubs huge offers to coaches and players, please leave the room immediately.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2