A big thank you to Perry & Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
You two blokes have saved me $500+.
Here I was about to buy 2 new jerseys + 2 memberships for the son and myself.

I don't think I will be the only one, you might want to beef up those resume's quick smart.
Who bright idea was it not to resign Des 6 months ago.

DUFFMAN said:

I don't think I will be the only one, you might want to beef up those resume's quick smart.

I'll be renewing so I can have a say when elections come around.

yeah duffman its gutwrenching and disappointing but it will blow over and who knows what is around the corner...

The sort of doggies supporters who are trolling and posting here are just those negative bitter characters who enjoy others miseries because their own life is so wretched - just like those bitter little children who like torturing animals.

The sort of bulldogs supporters who you'd respect won't be posting on this site - like a couple of mates of mine who grew up Bankstown way - anyway I've sorta got off topic :D

The sun will still come up tomorrow...and Manly will still be victorious this coming and following seasons

Piss off Duffman. Leaving the club because the coach moves on? Go on, leave, who cares about you you weak supporter. What an attitude to pass on to your son. I support the club. When the club goes, then I do too. Not when a player or coach happens to leave, especially for more money than the club want to pay. You are a hopeless joke and a terrible role model.

Im totally shattered to & am trying not to make any comments until Ive settled down. But if all the fans jump ship Manly Sea Eagles will die. This is not what we want. We want a good honest club. They need our support at this time! We have been down before & rose to these highs now. We can do it again. Please dont bail on the boys. Keep this club going. Take out memberships, buy merchandise wear it with pride. I would expect a true MANLY supporter to not back down. Come on get behind the boys & the brand

I'm not totally shattered. A coach and players come and go. That's life. Des has been around for ten years and so, times up. The club will survive and the Henny Penny's of this site should get a grip. If you want to abandon ship, then do so quietly without your hysterics on the site.

DSM5 said:
Piss off Duffman. Leaving the club because the coach moves on? Go on, leave, who cares about you you weak supporter. What an attitude to pass on to your son. I support the club. When the club goes, then I do too. Not when a player or coach happens to leave, especially for more money than the club want to pay. You are a hopeless joke and a terrible role model.

Well said.

Go support some other loser club you weak merkin.

Agree manlysister. We all need to give it some time this is too fresh to deal with the full ramifications, and so far there have been no press conferences from either club yet.

The fans won't desert Manly and we will give the Manly Premiers our full support through the off season and through the 2012 season regardless of who the coach may be: Des tooves cliffy superman whoever.

It will all work out OK - promise! :D

Those with longer memories than three weeks will know that the club has been through far, far, darker days than today. The club is bigger than any one man, be that Hasler, Perry, Penn, Reilly, or Hopoate.

By not renewing memberships and not buying club merchandise will not change anything whatsoever. It will only hurt the club financially and in the long run if everybody did that then we would have no club left at all. Is that what you really want?

DUFFMAN said:

Well said - and everybody on here who is frustrated about this whole situation should shoot an email to the club like I have done earlier basically outlining that I will not be a member in 2012 or until such time as David Perry is stood down.

I still fail to see how it's anyones fault that Des may go. He obviously wanted to test his worth and if he leaves for more money then we have how can anyone stop him?

EagleRock40 said:
DUFFMAN said:

Well said - and everybody on here who is frustrated about this whole situation should shoot an email to the club like I have done earlier basically outlining that I will not be a member in 2012 or until such time as David Perry is stood down.

That is a really dumb idea. You have no real knowledge, other than perceptions created by media reports, of what is happening within the Club. Nor do we, other than speculation and half truths.

Personally I think the appointment of Perry is one of the best moves the Club has made in years. I just hope he holds his nerve and doesn't take jibes, from the likes of you, to heart.

What is more important to you? Having a financially successful (and thus secure) club to support or a premiership winning coach? The former always trumps the latter, for without the former, there is no chance of the latter!

The board members and blokes behind the scenes definately have some questions to answer, but don't forget they put forward a very good offer to Des. Des is the one who has reportedly jumped ship.

I supported Des like he was Manly, but this has just taught me that a coach is just a coach, and a player is just a player, at the end of the day the only thing that has my full support is the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Lowe was the one in charge when Contract renewals were on the table people. Perry is clearing the deadwood as per his charter, some collateral damage is to be expected. No one person is worth the demise of the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Manly is a wonderous, fun pastime - the personnel changes, but the story remains for me. Story of talent, success and drama :)

Bring on 2012 and lets fight a good fight once more from the Peninsular.

Happily Manly since 1976 :heart:

Jethro said:
By not renewing memberships and not buying club merchandise will not change anything whatsoever. It will only hurt the club financially and in the long run if everybody did that then we would have no club left at all. Is that what you really want?
We have to remain loyal and stick together we dont want to hurt the club that we all love with a passion.The Mighty Sea Eagles over the years have proven to be the most resilient club, we have come back bigger than ever from adversities such as super league wars and bankruptcy For those that are rightly upset pick up the phone tell Perry and Reilly to go and get ****ed and get over it .

EagleRock40 said:
DUFFMAN said:

So are you both Manly Supporters? If so, what a stupid thing to say!! Go with Des or Hoppa!! I didn't know there was a team called "Des Hasler" in the NRL?

Phantar said:
EagleRock40 said:
DUFFMAN said:

That is a really dumb idea. You have no real knowledge, other than perceptions created by media reports, of what is happening within the Club. Nor do we, other than speculation and half truths.

Personally I think the appointment of Perry is one of the best moves the Club has made in years. I just hope he holds his nerve and doesn't take jibes, from the likes of you, to heart.

What is more important to you? Having a financially successful (and thus secure) club to support or a premiership winning coach? The former always trumps the latter, for without the former, there is no chance of the latter!

Fair enough, we all have our own opinions. But what exactly has David Perry done for this club since his arrival? Are you going to credit him for the premiership we just won? He has done sweet FA except getting players and coaching staff offside with him, sacking Zorba (which I do think it was time for Zorb to move on but should have been handled better by Perry) Geez - I havnt even seen the guy do a press conference!! Every time we're in the news its always Scott Penn answering the tough questions.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2