A. B. C. or D.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

R3

Bird gang affiliate
The rumours are always circling in the NRL so I'm not sure why this hypothetical has got me so distracted..
I'm wondering what other fans think of the latest rumours and talk about Des returning and Foran returning etc.
Due to the pair leaving the Sea Eagles under different circumstances yet both generating a lot of emotion and drama, how would you order the 4 'options':
A. Sign Foran
B. Sign Des
C. Sign both
D. Sign niether

?? Sorry to the people who loves Polls

The rumours are always circling in the NRL so I'm not sure why this hypothetical has got me so distracted..
I'm wondering what other fans think of the latest rumours and talk about Des returning and Foran returning etc.
Due to the pair leaving the Sea Eagles under different circumstances yet both generating a lot of emotion and drama, how would you order the 4 'options':
A. Sign Foran
B. Sign Des
C. Sign both
D. Sign niether

C
A
B
D

A. Sign Foran
B. Sign Des
C. Sign both
D. Sign niether

Just press Thread Tools, Edit Thread and add the poll :)

A. Sign Foran
B. Sign Des
C. Sign both
D. Sign niether

B sign des
D sign neither
C sign both
A sign Foran

is there anything else from 2011 you want to bring back with them..?

D

Foran is damaged goods. His body is busted and his loyalty to anything Manly should be seriously questioned. We know what he's capable of....both on and off the field, but for mine the bad outweighs the good. Besides, aren't we supposed to be getting Blake Green to play 5/8 from next year?

Des is a tougher one. I like many other Sea Eagles fans will never forgive or forget what happened after the 2011 GF. We all know he can coach and he spent well over 30 years immersed in the Manly culture, but can he be trusted?

Trent Barrett has actually done some good things in the past couple of weeks with his selections. I'm just wondering if maybe he should be given a chance to see what he can do with a relatively injury free squad next year that doesn't have a lot of baggage.

Last edited:
Yep, lets re-sign a broken down, injury plagued bloke with a world of issues (who may also be implicated in dodgy **** during games last year) and/or a bloke who tried to rip the heart out of the team and aupport staff deviously.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD every time and the only choice.

Barrett may be a patsy but he seems to genuinly give a toss about the place ao I would prefer him to Dollar Des.

I hate them both with a burning passion and will never forgive either of them.
C
B
A
D

Classic! haha

I have major trust issues with these two as well. But from an over analysed perspective I think theres a chance that a return would allow a more humbled attitude and appreciation if either returned with their tail between their legs.
That softer stance doesn't last long enough to sink in though.
I worry about Des ruining some of the inroads this Club has made with media and fans of the game outside the club. He made reporters and supporters hate us a lot more than a just the customary jealously of our success. He created all new reasons I got sick of justifying.
Foz on the other hand has a broken body that has become common knowledge in the inner-sanctum. Just recently I've heard 3 people that have witnessed and knowingly work with the clubs and physios that keep him barely in one piece. The 3 different types of massages after every game so he can walk the next day and try find some sleep. Just a battered body, I really respected hearing what he goes through and it sounded like he's got Choc's body already. I really hope he's ok in every sense..

I'd love to be proven wrong if one or both made a return, but I feel like we just miss those days of glory. Sentiment and nostalgia won't earn us our next premiership so I think we should keep looking forward.. (I think some more)...

The sad thing about Foran is that it appears what people were saying about him in 2010-11 have started to come true. He played the game so hard for so long (and as a Kiwi test player rarely had a full off-season) that his body is now starting to fail him.

People said that with the way he was playing games (100 mph, like a bull at a gate, that sort of thing) that he would be lucky to last 10 years before injuries forced him out. It seems they may have been correct.

Last edited:
Des actually warned Foran in 2011 that he was playing the game too hard and would suffer down the line.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2