9th spot a distinct possibility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Worked the calculator today and with if we manage one win from the last three I had us finishing ninth on 28 points.  Points diff was superfluous as 8th was on 30 points.

I can see us beating the Dogs in the last round, but the Warriors this week and Sydney City the week after are both 50/50.

One win would mean we would possibly have to rely on other results to make the 8.

Worried!

6th or 7th with 2 wins from last 3

Might be a trip to Goldie for a Saturday night Blockbuster....

Bring it on.......

My Garden Shed

Mybludog link said:
6th or 7th with 2 wins from last 3

Might be a trip to Goldie for a Saturday night Blockbuster....

Bring it on.......

My Garden Shed

Good I'll be able to get that beer that you owe me then hahaha

If we only win 1 of the last 3 we deserve to finish 9th, and would be cannon fodder in Week 1 anyway.

Volley link said:
If we only win 1 of the last 3 we deserve to finish 9th, and would be cannon fodder in Week 1 anyway.

as we were last year against the scum! id rather finish 9th

I think a team that only has 1 or maybe 2 wins in a row before the semi's will go further than a team that's had 3 or 4 wins in a row before the semi's

I was thinking along similar lines.
I reckon if we win the second half of our last round against the Dogs, or at least score the last try, that might be enough momentum for the finals.

To come in 9th, Parramatta would have to win 3/3. Looking at their draw they are well capable of it, but they are yet to show the signs that they can do it

To be honest if we lose 2 out of the next 3 we deserve 9th...but it aint over until the fat lady sings, have faith brothers!!

from this weeks Big League

Conclusion: Manly might have copped a mini-hiding from the Dragons on Monday night but they showed patches of play that would have almost certainly have yielded points against any other side in the competition.

Here, they need to be ruthless and back themselves against the creeping Warriors who maintain a spot in the finals make-up despite little support from expert tipsters.

The home side should get the job done but the Warriors have refused to go away all year and now they have the taste of September on the tip of their tongues. They want to cement a spot now.

All things considered, stick with Manly – unless you are really pressing for an upset.

To be honest unless we can get at least 6th we will go out in the first week of the finals anyway :(  Also like everyone has said, if we can't win these last three games then we don't deserve to be in the  finals anyway. Everyone needs to get out and support the team on Saturday, a big crowd will help get the boys up for this massive game.

Bull**** 9th, no way, not gona happen and not acceptable. We have the ability to win these last 3 and that will give us all the momentum rolling into the finals. There's life left in us yet, too many good players not to be figuring in the finals.

mickqld link said:
Bulls**t 9th, no way, not gona happen and not acceptable. We have the ability to win these last 3 and that will give us all the momentum rolling into the finals. There's life left in us yet, too many good players not to be figuring in the finals.

An Applaud for that one Mick!! (now you are minus 19 not minus 20)

Mybludog link said:
I think a team that only has 1 or maybe 2 wins in a row before the semi's will go further than a team that's had 3 or 4 wins in a row before the semi's

Based on what's been happening you are probably right Bluey!!

Thanks Mark I'm trying to take a more optimistic attitude these days.
It helps to deal with the continual refereeing bull**** we have to put up with. Geez I went off at home the other night when that joke of a try was awarded. I said to the Mrs when Harrigan kept looking at replay after replay that this ****wit is gona award this. Our poor kids will be scarred for life with the language I was spraying around the house.

Luckily my kids are all grown up and left, have grandkids now but lucky they weren't staying on Monday night. I live in a townhouse so my wife was upstairs watching something more girly on the second TV and I was downstairs watching the Foxtel game.......I think I screamed out "you are ****ing kidding you imbecile".....she ran downstairs and said "what's happened"...yes it was that loud.

We have the chance to come between 4th and 9th. And the way results are going i won't say we can't come 4th. We all knew deep down it was going to be too tough to beat the Dragons at their home. We are still showing good signs in our play. I can't see how we will finish 9th to be honest.

Rather finish 9th than 8th and have to have a repeat of Monday nights game.

Not that I dont think we could beat the Fagons, but their supporters seem to come out of the woodwork when they beat Manly and give me a hammering.

a comeback to the dragqueens would include some comment like , " now that i think about it , i think Ridge was tackled..." and proceed to walk away  , go for smoko etc...thatd get their little pin heads spinning..come back and then finish it off with " on second thought  - no way"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4