79 Minutes and 45 to 50 Seconds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
Can someone explain why time isn't stopped when the ball isn't in play? Further, why players think it's ok to leave the pitch before the siren goes?

Just watching the Roosters game and, after Jamie kicked the goal,the chooks started walking off the field with 10/15 seconds to go. Surely that's enough time to get together and play a short kick off for some unexpected points?

The NRL really should look into giving the fans who go to the ground (and the stations who pay big dollars) a full 80 minute product.

RE: 70 Minutes

Why is the thread title 7o minutes, thought you were going to talk about something that happened during the game at the 70th minute. They were 8 points behind, what would you like them to do ?

TokyoEagle said:
Why is the thread title 7o minutes, thought you were going to talk about something that happened during the game at the 70th minute. They were 8 points behind, what would you like them to do ?

I meant at halftime. But besides that, I can't think of many sports where the teams walk off before the siren goes.

No thoughts on the fact that fans are getting ~85% of what they paid for?

If other players enter the field before fulltime the NRL would scream blue murder.

Make them stay out there until the hooter sounds.

Its not the biggest issue in the NRL but people pay to see 80 minutes.

They may as well walk off. Otherwise they're going to walk to half way, the kicker might have a crack at placing the ball on the tee then the siren will go. There is no way a kickoff is going to happen.

bob dylan said:
If other players enter the field before fulltime the NRL would scream blue murder.

Players can leave the field whenever they like.

So if a game goes to golden point we should pay more???

I'm goint to stop sponsoring an African child and focus on Rugby League minutes lost through timewasting. What an injustice!

So I take it from the responses here that no one minds that time is wasted during a conversion, when the referees get a scrum together or while a winning team takes it's time for a dropout with precious minutes/seconds to go.

Interesting how things could have changed last week against the Broncos if every conversion attempt went an extra 10/15 seconds.

Clever change to the thread title Jethro. You believe only a few seconds is wasted during an NRL game do you?

Looks like it was an issue for some a couple of years ago. I wonder what's changed.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Time-off-when-the-ball-is-out-of-play?highlight=time+wasting

You may get your wish when they get down to brass tacks with the new broadcast rights, be careful what you wish for though, you might get something that resembles a game of gridiron.

I've said it before somewhere but codewana I'm with you (but less cranky maybe, peace y'all).

If we want the big ol bucks then it's time to take time seriously (copyrighted slogan telegraph journos, think up your own).

Ball out of play, time clock stops. Break in play, time clock stops.
Less 'talking' to refs and ....well the list goes on and on.

edit: and I believe this can be easily done without turning into a game of 'gridiron'.

Central Coast Eagle said:
bob dylan said:

Don't give the NRL any ideas about getting more money out of Fans who attend games.

I haven't seen this mentioned on the Forum - but the 'Dynamic Ticketing' set to start in 2013 is a concern.
http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/category/sponsorship-and-marketing/nrl-set-to-roll-out-dynamic-ticket-pricing-for-club-games-in-2013-after-origin-experiment/

It is a sure way to disenfranchise Fans who go in all weathers to their local ground. But from next year, they would be forced to pay more for the games like Manly v Storm.

HappilyManly said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
bob dylan said:

Don't give the NRL any ideas about getting more money out of Fans who attend games.

I haven't seen this mentioned on the Forum - but the 'Dynamic Ticketing' set to start in 2013 is a concern.
http://sportbizinsider.com.au/news/category/sponsorship-and-marketing/nrl-set-to-roll-out-dynamic-ticket-pricing-for-club-games-in-2013-after-origin-experiment/

It is a sure way to disenfranchise Fans who go in all weathers to their local ground. But from next year, they would be forced to pay more for the games like Manly v Storm.

I live out near blacktown and didnt see a point in going to a game vs the rooster,but if it was the storm i would be there every single time,calling us outsiders "fair weather" is pretty weak considering ive never went for another footy team other than the sea eagles and will not ever go for another team,even if mine dies again

I can think of a few sports. It happens in NFL alot and in the NBA it can happen occasionally as well. At least in the NFL they usually shake opponents hands after the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing the clock stopped in the last 5 minutes of games. If you did it for the entire game it would make a game go for 3 hours, but if you had it the last 5 minutes so that the clock stops everytime the ball is out of play wouldn't lengthen the game by that much and also allows for some great finishes. It would mean a team down by 10 would still get at least one chance if they score a try with a second on the clock. Stopping the clock just increases the chance of some thrilling finishes which would only be good for the game.

codewana said:
Clever change to the thread title Jethro. You believe only a few seconds is wasted during an NRL game do you?

At the time, I changed it to match the 10/15 seconds that you were talking about in your first post as your original thread title of "70 minutes" appeared to not match the content of your original post. You didn't really make it clear that you were talking about wasted time over the duration of the whole game. You have now made it clear following your posting of that link in Post: #12 to that other time wasting thread.

Your response to TokyoEagle at Post #3 made what you were talking about even more confusing. He questioned you about why the thread was titled "70 minutes" as he thought you were going to talk about something that happened during the game at the 70th minute and you responded that you "meant at halftime".

Anyway, since you have now made it all clear, if you wish to, you can change the title back if you like. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6