7 September 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Woodsie - argue these cases then with merit.

1. DCE is out of form. HE has claimed he is down on form. I agree. I'd like you to tell us how both of us are wrong.

2. We have the 5th worst attack / defense in the NRL. How is that relating to us looking fantastic. People are concerned we may not beat Newcastle. NEWCASTLE.

3. Fanua Blake & Vave your claiming as world beaters. Compare them to Scott, Burgess, Napa, Hargreaves, Graham & many, many others (who also create 2nd phase play).

You have to open your mind mate. Just throwing an Eagles jersey on doesn't make you Bob Fulton, Terry Randall, Ben Kennedy & others instantly.

1) DCE was/is out of form, no one has suggested otherwise. But the only three games he played was behind a well beaten pack. Your constant miserable pessimism does not seem to take into account he will regain form. Your assertion that Api played well, doesn't take into account Api played well as an individual, not as a playmaker/director.

2) 5th worst defense stats can turn around in one weekend. Too early to be basing a judgement on. There are unexpected boilovers every week. People are always nervous of a loss. Ask them which team they would bet on.

3) My comments were and I stick by them,

Vave an improver, I believe his value is greater than the sum of his parts. A good bench player adds energy and enthusiasm. Goes ok.

AFB. Best debut from a young prop I have seen in decades. How does he compare with the best of the NRL seasoned veterans you named .... on debut better than any of them, whether he will become as good as them, time will tell.

My mind is open, yours seems to be dwelling on the first 2 games, my view is that we have had a very ordinary start, but each week I see improvement in all areas, other than point scoring and 5th tackle options/execution. An inform DCE, and a more experienced walker will solve these problems.

If you have not seen a remarkable improvement in performance from this team from round 2 to round 7 I truly feel sorry for you.. Life as a supporter must be a miserable existence for you.

My only area of real concern is the depth of backs, and the health of Snake, Lyon and Matai.

The only two teams in the comp that I think are beyond the capabilities of us (at our best) are Broncos and Cowboys. We have already beaten the team coming third and dominated the team coming 4th for 70 mins.

My opinion in a nutshell is, this is a team I am starting to be proud of, and I just don't get the insatiable desire some people have to be always negative. Your smug self justification will probably be that you are just being realistic, but if that were the case you would acknowledge some positives in your commentary, alas you don't.

I was merely pointing out your propensity for taking an adversarial position. I was actually giving you credit for stimulating the forum. Perhaps you dont recognise a complement even when it hits you in the face mate.

So your stating this is a compliment:
"Worked it out. Ryan is our perennial stirrer to keep excitement going on the forums. Try it. Make a comment and he'll take the opposite position and if you take the opposite position he'll reverse his opinion. On to you Ryan."

Why THANK YOU Bearfax - LOL. Once we jag some wins, keep the opposition under 20, and our half bac controls a game, I'll agree with you.

"Worked it out. Ryan is our perennial stirrer to keep excitement going on the forums. Try it. Make a comment and he'll take the opposite position and if you take the opposite position he'll reverse his opinion. On to you Ryan."

Why THANK YOU Bearfax - LOL. Once we jag some wins, keep the opposition under 20, and our half bac controls a game, I'll agree with you.

No he wont,
Just going with the joke, nothing personal

1) DCE was/is out of form, no one has suggested otherwise. But the only three games he played was behind a well beaten pack. Your constant miserable pessimism does not seem to take into account he will regain form. Your assertion that Api played well, doesn't take into account Api played well as an individual, not as a playmaker/director.

2) 5th worst defense stats can turn around in one weekend. Too early to be basing a judgement on. There are unexpected boilovers every week. People are always nervous of a loss. Ask them which team they would bet on.

3) My comments were and I stick by them,

Vave an improver, I believe his value is greater than the sum of his parts. A good bench player adds energy and enthusiasm. Goes ok.

AFB. Best debut from a young prop I have seen in decades. How does he compare with the best of the NRL seasoned veterans you named .... on debut better than any of them, whether he will become as good as them, time will tell.

My mind is open, yours seems to be dwelling on the first 2 games, my view is that we have had a very ordinary start, but each week I see improvement in all areas, other than point scoring and 5th tackle options/execution. An inform DCE, and a more experienced walker will solve these problems.

If you have not seen a remarkable improvement in performance from this team from round 2 to round 7 I truly feel sorry for you.. Life as a supporter must be a miserable existence for you.

My only area of real concern is the depth of backs, and the health of Snake, Lyon and Matai.

The only two teams in the comp that I think are beyond the capabilities of us (at our best) are Broncos and Cowboys. We have already beaten the team coming third and dominated the team coming 4th for 70 mins.

My opinion in a nutshell is, this is a team I am starting to be proud of, and I just don't get the insatiable desire some people have to be always negative. Your smug self justification will probably be that you are just being realistic, but if that were the case you would acknowledge some positives in your commentary, alas you don't.

Then you have blinkers on, because I most certainly DO have positives - you just choose to latch onto the negatives or criticisms. Anything positive is well ignored.

With DCE, it's not 5 rounds. It's a season, and 5 rounds now in my opinion.

Your saying your starting to feel proud of the team? How about this - I'm always proud of my team win or lose, and always have been. Yet I'm the one your calling negative?

Get behind your team mate. They don't have to win for you to be proud of them. I may criticise a structure, or positional player, or suggest someone is down on form - I'll never state "I'm starting to be proud of the group".

Always have - always will.

Then you have blinkers on, because I most certainly DO have positives - you just choose to latch onto the negatives or criticisms. Anything positive is well ignored.

Your saying your starting to feel proud of the team? How about this - I'm always proud of my team win or lose, and always have been. Yet I'm the one your calling negative?

Get behind your team mate. They don't have to win for you to be proud of them. I may criticise a structure, or positional player, or suggest someone is down on form - I'll never state "I'm starting to be proud of the group".

Always have - always will.

Cant doubt he is passionate

Get behind your team mate. They don't have to win for you to be proud of them.

Sorry, missed your positives, can you repeat them.

I think I now understand the problem, I state that this is a team I am becoming proud of, and you, in your well balanced rational way, interpret this to mean I don't support my team.

Sheer genius, are you sure you weren't my wife in a previous life?

You just proved my point Ryan. Thanks

Sorry, missed your positives, can you repeat them.

I think I now understand the problem, I state that this is a team I am becoming proud of, and you, in your well balanced rational way, interpret this to mean I don't support my team.

Sheer genius, are you sure you weren't my wife in a previous life?

No worries.

+ Darcy Lussick - have always rated him while most on here death rode the kid.

+ Trbojevic's - can anyone even try and be negative about those two?

+ Snake, Matai and Lyon - people suggest they retire? They deserve whatever, and whenever they like.

+ Improvement - yes, I see it (I added some what ifs, but deleted them as this is just positives).

+ I really, really like Barrett and I hope he becomes our Bellamy.

+ I really like that change has been embraced culturally.

+ Matt Parcell is absolute gold.

etc etc etc, but I'd just be pandering. You get the gyst.

No worries.

+ Snake, Matai and Lyon - people suggest they retire? They deserve whatever, and whenever they like.

+ Improvement - yes, I see it (I added some what ifs, but deleted them as this is just positives).

Ryan, Just for a laugh....I'll bet you a friendly $20 that you end up saying complementary things about Addin Fonua-Blake before the season is over.

No worries.

Good points there Ryan. What about Walker?

Err as I already said Manly is in the 8 by a long way from St George the only other team on 8 points. Ho hum. Such disbelieving.

Well after more than a year & a half we are in the top 8 again. Best enjoy the feeling whilst we can because the next three weeks will be very difficult as we play three of the top 4 teams. It's just not Manly to be reduced to this, still it's better this than be say a Tigers or Warriors fan.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2