7 September 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Since we were so dominant for 10 years that is quite a drought, and actually a shock.

Let's hope we can set that right in the coming weeks.

We will be back in the 8 soon enough @Ralphie

I know it a very strange feeling seeing us not in the 8.

Hang in there, I don't think we are far off cracking the 8 the question will be can we sustain and get enough wins in the season to kept our spot in the 8 for a finals berth.

Geezus that is depressing. How the mighty have fallen and I don't see it changing this year either. We're going from the best finals record of any club over that last decade to heading for the worst in the next.

We will be back in the 8 soon enough @Ralphie

I know it a very strange feeling seeing us not in the 8.

Hang in there, I don't think we are far off cracking the 8 the question will be can we sustain and get enough wins in the season to kept our spot in the 8 for a finals berth.
So here we sit now in 11th place (12th if Penriff win tonight) and a difficult month ahead. We should beat Newcastle, but we always seem to struggle against them in Newcastle and they will have "bounce back factor" from their drubbing at the hands of the donkeys.

The we have Cows, Donkeys & the Sharks. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us winning any of those three. It means this weekend is an absolute must win game, because if we lose that we may go into the first Bye on a 5 game losing streak.

Was just wondering how we're going this year compared to last. Will be an even more interesting comparison by months end.

General consensus seemed to be that we should be in top 8. Personally, I thought given our recruitment, we need be in top 4 to be considered a successful season.

Results driven business and all that drivel

We are already in equal 8th position.

For and against can turn around in one weekend...and not really relevant until about round 20.

I certainly didn't think it would take this long to click. It's been a very long time since fans were sugar coating such a horrid start - especially statistically, results, fitness/injury wise.

Reminds me of the Jye Mullane / Sam Harris / Nathan Long days where people were habitually telling others how good we were faring.

We are equal 8th? That'll do me.

Yeah and we will have very little disruption through origin. Players will have worked a few of the wrinkles out. Some glass half empty types around here. That's for sure.
I'd like to think I am what's known as a realist. If you're happy with a 3-4 start to the season (1-3 at "Fortress Brookie") with negative F/A of 24 and potentially 12th place after tonight, then all power to you. I for one have higher expectations of this team and make no apologies for it.

All here would know my views of our coaching staff. I had high hopes of the dawn of a new era with a modern thinking young coach, but I have not seen anything in the first 7 rounds to suggest to me that the coaching staff we have now are any improvement on Toovey and Co.

I certainly didn't think it would take this long to click. It's been a very long time since fans were sugar coating such a horrid start - especially statistically, results, fitness/injury wise.

Reminds me of the Jye Mullane / Sam Harris / Nathan Long days where people were habitually telling others how good we were faring.

We are equal 8th? That'll do me.

I was going to reply, but I just saw your post stating the you think AFB is a plodder.

I give up.

I'd like to think I am what's known as a realist. If you're happy with a 3-4 start to the season (1-3 at "Fortress Brookie") with negative F/A of 24 and potentially 12th place after tonight, then all power to you. I for one have higher expectations of this team and make no apologies for it.

All here would know my views of our coaching staff. I had high hopes of the dawn of a new era with a modern thinking young coach, but I have not seen anything in the first 7 rounds to suggest to me that the coaching staff we have now are any improvement on Toovey and Co.

I am not happy with 3-4 start. The difference between us is I am seeing improvement ever week, and I'm getting a stiffi.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6