7 pages wiped without a trace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
However I just wanted to make my point that I still believe I was wrongly banned .....and I didn't particularly care if a Bulldogs fan got banned in the process as I don't believe they should be here anyway.
Get over it. It's not as though the site owes you anything.

Nor you, or any of us. You carry on like some thug from up North sometimes, when I know that's not your real nature..

Matabele said:
bones said:
However I just wanted to make my point that I still believe I was wrongly banned .....and I didn't particularly care if a Bulldogs fan got banned in the process as I don't believe they should be here anyway.

Get over yourself it's not your site. The site is awesome because of Dan, not the likes of you.

bones said:
Matabele said:
bones said:

Get over yourself it's not your site. The site is awesome because of Dan, not the likes of you.

You don't know your history. Several of us helped Dan get the site up and running and contributed significantly financially, and will do so again if ever needed. You haven't.

I enjoyed the the deleted thread, didn't see the last few pages so I imagine it got ugly. From what I read I wish other fans were as respectfully cheeky as the captain. I do get a little uncomfortable at Lebanese jibes though.

**** it's been depressing lately..... The rational side of me is working out that the cap would have split our side up in some way over the next few years so 2012 would be our best shot in a while. I really hope Foz doesn't end up at the Dogs. sigh!

bones said:
Matabele said:
bones said:

Let's take the inflammatory trading of barbs out of the picture. It's a shame you feel fit to keep on complaining and reporting threads to make a point. The whole point all mods are making in his thread is we are a bit irked of being volunteer kindergarten cops. So please don't.

As for some of the relationships on this site. There is a core group who were here on day one. We met here but over the years our relationships have gone far beyond these forums. we've housed each other at times, celebrated milestones, been there in good and bad times. We've become friends and mates. That's not to say it's an exclusive clique. The site evolves all the time, none more so than when MWSE shut down. And I hope this site fosters much more of that kind of kinship and relationship.

Wow now that was over reaction
Has silvertails become PC now

Seriously it's not that hard to delete offending posts

this site has never tolerated mediocrity - all that is happening is poor posts are being cleared up

The simple solution is if you do not like it leave. I can see why the mwse forums were shut down!

lsz said:
this site has never tolerated mediocrity - all that is happening is poor posts are being cleared up

The simple solution is if you do not like it leave. I can see why the mwse forums were shut down!

You are kidding, aren't you?

Chip and Chase said:
You can't have it both ways. On one hand you want to be all grown up and be advocates for free speech and then as soon as someone posts something "offensive" (however tongue in cheek or innocent) we get calls of racism and political correctness and criticism of moderators for not doing anything. I for one aren't going to waste my time sifting through every post and delete them individually (especially when the ironstine complaining quotes the offensive post so its repeated again for all to see). You want to whinge then the whole thread gets sent to the bin.
C & C I accept that the role of moderator can be tricky at times. And to the extent I may have been 'sniping' at moderators lately, can I balance that by repeating my view (expressed several times in the past) that the mods on this site do a brilliant job, and the forum policy of minimum censorship makes the site the vibrant place it is.

Mata makes the point that we are in an extreme time. This is certainly true, but in my experience these are the times when fans most want to discuss what is happening. Through discussion some important concepts are inevitably raised. Open discussion allows these topics to be examined and allows faulty reasoning to be exposed. The danger in wiping entire topics, rather than individual offensive posts, is that it has the effect of making certain topics 'taboo'. In the case of racism, as an example, making it a taboo and preventing discussion of it is not a neutral position. Because racism relies on ignorance to survive, making it a banned topic actually allows it to persist unchallenged. That is my view, anyway.

In any case, as both C & C and Matabele concede, sifting through posts in such a high volume period is a mammoth task. However, for a mod to proclaim that reading the posts is a waste of time, and a complaint will result in deleting the whole thread, raises some alarm bells. It is understandable if the current mods are overworked and jaded. However it would be a mighty shame if the openness of this forum is diminished as a result.

**** me

It is a ****ing Internet forum, i must have missed the memo that stated that it is now really serious business.

Get over it people, some of the whinging about nothing is getting beyond a joke on here at times

I was happy for his banter,and had a bit of a rib at him.It was his use of a term we no longer throw about,that got my goat (and a few others).If we were wrong to have a go at him for using it,does that mean we can now use slurs based on people's disabilities on this site?So,if we were wrong to have a go at capt kirk,why was Bones "boned"?You really want it both ways-we can't use racial or other terms to describe something/one,but we can't taunt the user of such slurs!!

Fair enough ayjay. It would be preferable if we didn't respond to taunts but it is understandable sometimes (I've been guilty), although it would be good if we could refrain. Cheers. Now for TV B2B.

I must apologise for any of my posts that have offended anyone (including Ox). I didn't realize that Colonel Matabele sat atop the pile. All hail the new chief.

Robbo said:
s**t it's been depressing lately..... The rational side of me is working out that the cap would have split our side up in some way over the next few years so 2012 would be our best shot in a while. I really hope Foz doesn't end up at the Dogs. sigh!

This post doesn't belong in this thread. The thread is about b!tching, not football. Keep on topic please.

I am all for a totally unmoderated, free for all forum, but it's painfully obvious that some can't handle that. This place was basically a self moderated site for years, and it worked fine on that basis.

You can rest assured that there is no agenda from me, and I don't wish to censor any topic nor diminish debate (intelligent or otherwise) on any issue. However let's keep things in perspective, the thread I deleted was a nuffy thread started by a Bulldog fan which degenerated into some un-PC language which offended some people. It's not like it was Des Hasler's manifesto on RL coaching, or a thread that had come up with a cure for cancer. If the thread is generally a decent one then I will make the effort to clean it up rather than removing it, a couple of whines from thin skinned people will not result in wholesale deletion and a skewing of our common ideal for open and frank discussion.

I have no tolerance for genuine discrimination or vilification, however some people really do need to get a sense of humour, or at least get a slightly thicker skin.

Anyway PM CaptainKissAss and ask him to start another thread, I'm sure he's all for it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6