7 man bench for sundays clash -> team announced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
MARK BRYANT TO MAKE NRL DEBUT FOR SEA EAGLES
Former Canberra prop Mark Bryant has been included in the Sea Eagles starting side to play Wests Tigers at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

Injuries to regular props Brent Kite and Daniel Heckenberg on top of a two week suspension to Kylie Leuluai has resulted in Bryant getting the call up from Premier League.

A former Canberra Raiders front rower,Bryant is 24 and a product of teh Cootamundra Bulldogs.

He joined Manly on a tip from former Test forward and Manly star Les Boyd who coached Bryant in Cootamundra.

Manly have named a seven man replacement bench for Sunday's 3 p.m. game to cover the appearances for Sydney on Friday night of forwards Steve Menzies,Anthony Watmough and Jason King.

The trio - all local juniors-want to back up on Sunday and will undergo medical checks on Saturday morning.

The MANLY NRL side to play Wests Tigers is: Brett Stewart,Scott Donald,Terry Hill,Paul Stephenson,Chris Hicks,Michael Witt,Michael Monaghan (c),Jason King,Chad Randall,Mark Bryant,Steve Menzies,Anthony Watmough,Ben Kennedy.Replacements: Luke Williamson,Shane Dunley,Sam Harris,Jim Curtis,Glenn Stewart,Phil Moorwood,Kane Cleal ( 3 to be omitted)

PREMIER LEAGUE:Mark Lennon,Mitch Creary,Steve Matai,Ashley Alberts,Jared Taylor,Jye Mullane,Travis Burns,Adam Cuthbertson,Jeff Robson,Mailangi Styles,Nathan Tutt,Nathan Hollingsworth,JP Cherry (c). Replacements: Darren Peachey,Matt Ballin,Karl Johnson.

JERSEY FLEGG: Josh Lewis,Ryan Cribb,James Donlan,Simon Yeo,Tom Joseph,Grant Jessop,Brendan Crabb,Chris Trembath,Joab Hull,Bobby Bright,Josh Brown (c),Ina Papera,Jacob Martin. Replacements: Ehryn Taylor,Adam Shaw,Corey Kinsella,Michael Bowen,Bryace Gearin,Jesse Shelley,Dan Molenaar,Rob Clarkson.
BEST WISHES TO SG BALL SIDE

The Manly Sea Eagles crackerjack SG Ball side play Canberra in a sudden death semi final at Western Weekender stadium at St.Marys this Saturday,May 7 at 1.30 p.m.

Coached by Craig Sandercock the side has been in brilliant form over the past few weeks and accounted for Penrith 26-18 last Saturday in a sudden death semi final.

The young Sea eagles are a win away from the grand final.We wish them well.

Interesting that Bryant is starting over Harris????????

Also extremely interesting that unless one of the City reps is injured Glenn Stewart probably won't get a run, looking at the order of the bench.

Premier League....

1. Lennon
2. Creary
3. Alberts
4. Matai
5. Taylor

Very good looking backline in PL, looking forward to see Alberts play.................

A lucky dip for the remaining spots if all 3 rep players back.

Good to see Ashley Alberts back in P/L, might get down there early to watch him play.

I will be down there to see how he plays.

Wheel I am thinking of getting there about 12:30 - 1. You wanna meet down there?

It will be very interesting to see how this pack goes. If King is out we will be in a bit of strife coming out of our own end me thinks. Even if he is fit we will struggle because his work ethic is low. Losing both Kite and Hecks, our main two workhorse front rowers is major. If our pack gets done over this weekend, I am not looking forward to the Bulldogs game.......

I will be there to see Alberts play for sure!!! From PL form I rate Curtis much higher, must be on experience in 1st grade Byrant got the spot.

taking mum out for breakfast at DY and I dont want to go back home afterwards so will probably watch all 3 grades!!!!

Kite's metres and go forward will be sorely missed

yeah they will. as will Watmoughs if he misses out. we will really struggle without beaver.

1. Stewart
2. Donald
3. Taylor
4. Alberts
5. Hicks

id love to see that backline get a go.

nice to see Ballin back. and Mullane at 5/8. Lets see his true form as a fit player at 5/8. Should be interesting. Would be real ironic if he has a few blinders and you see Mata begging Des to play him at 5/8 in 1st grade. :lol: !drunk:
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue May 03 2005, 05:43PM ]</span>

Funny thing is that Mullane was reported to be playing very well at fullback last weekend in PL but when he changed to 5/8 he didn't look as good.

Pray that our three guys (particularly Beaver and Watmough) come through City/Country unscathed. If either of them is out then Glenn Stewart will play.

Dessie is being loyal to Stephenson and Matai is in the PL.

Hill and Steppa betta Step up. I really feel these 2 are holding Matai Alberts and our best PL player Taylor back. These guys need a chance too. If Step has a bad game. Its time for the chop.

Hill and Steppa betta Step up. I really feel these 2 are holding Matai Alberts and our best PL player Taylor back. These guys need a chance too. If Step has a bad game. Its time for the chop.

I don't see how they are holding Alberts back, he is only just coming back from a 6 month injury and is yet to play a game. Give hime a few games to get used to things and used to playing footy again. Hill's first game back in ages was last week as well so don't rule him out. Steppa may be holding JT and Mats back a little but we'll see what happens. I will definately get out to the PL game to see that backline run around, very exciting. Mullane was poor at 5/8 last week apparently, and if Halden didn't get injured would probably be on the bench in PL. Halden has a lot of talent and him and Burns in the halves was dynamic.

Kaza, I like your side, but Hicks to centres and Taylor on the wing. Haven't seen Alberts play yet either, so I guess I am just hoping he is as good as Crusher says he is........ time will tell.

I am surprised by how great people think Matai is. Sure he has done okay but I don't rate him any better than Stevo. Stevo has his limitations but he has gone okay in 5 of our 7 games!

I am hoping Alberts is as good as he is rated.

Tezza played very well against Auckland so I am not yet ready to get the hook out yet. Hands up who has never played a bad game!!!!

Garts - on OEE the reviewer said that Mullane played well at fullback in PL (ahead of Lennon in the run-on team) but disappointed at 5/8. Apparently he made the long break that led to Manly's first try.

The injury to Halden hurt us badly from reports. I will have to go and watch PL in order to make these judgements for myself!

Hicks is a better winger and Taylor is good everywhere.

About Alberts i mean.. he will be held back.. he is this week.. and probably next week if these 2 are chosen etc... thats what i meant

im tired leave me alone.. nit pickers! :evil:

I'm buggered as to why we're persisting with Steppa. This is surely his last chance to show something.

I wonder if Nathan Long is still after a run?

I'm buggered as to why we're persisting with Steppa. This is surely his last chance to show something.

I wonder if Nathan Long is still after a run?

Interesting comment about Nathan Long, very injury prone but with the dire straights we are in with our front row at present could be worth a look.

Hopefully if Stephenson keeps underperforming, Alberts carves in PL and we have a Hill/Alberts centre pairing.

At this stage I'm treating Alberts as we should have treated Rennie.

I'll get excited when he strings together 3 decent games in the top flight. Until then the cynicism will remain.

At this stage I'm treating Alberts as we should have treated Rennie.

I'll get excited when he strings together 3 decent games in the top flight. Until then the cynicism will remain.

I know what you mean......... but I guess it is simply hope from my point of view that someone comes along to kick Steppa out of the team. No offense to the guy, but I just don't have a whole lot of respect for his ability, he has great passion and trys hard, but that just isn't what cuts it in the NRL these days. Dessie has given him more than enough chances to prove his worth, I am yet to see him prove anything to be honest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4