7.30 Report ABC tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Rather explosive story on 7.30 report tonight, it names who Dank's assistant [the Gazelle] is, his name is Darren Hidder, he has a company called ASN which deals in bodybuilding supplements,Dank's clinic in Bankstown has links with the Comancheros bikies, and also with John Ibrahim.
Hidder said that he sold supplements to about 20 players from the boot of his car, some from Manly, Sharks and Cowboys,both Hidder and Dank said they were investigated and cleared by ASADA late last year, I don't know if this was verified though.
The peptide in question was put on the banned list in September 2011, the one used by Essendon is not on the list, but that's not to say it's legal.
Both Hidder and Dank are adament that what they sold to the players was above board, but ASADA probably doesn't see it that way, as the formula for these is constantly changing.
Very scary stuff, some players have a lot of answering to do,not looking good for some, especially if they took these after Sept 2011.
You can catch up tomorrow on ABC Iview.

Thanks Peter i will def check I view as I find the abc's reporting to be a little more balanced then some others.
It would seem that the can of worms is a littleore open.

watch here or read transcript http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3715050.htm

Can't agree with Richard Ings that sackings at Cronulla are proof positive of serious banned substances apparently having being used. To me it is equally evidence of fear and panic in the face of a witch hunt or mccarthyism.

Bottom line?

Before you eat that apple that makes you feel good check the ASADA list to make sure it isn't banned. You see that apples aren't banned, the catch-all clause doesn't seem to fit it, so you go and eat apples all 2013 season.

Come 2014 ASADA decides apples do warrant listing, so they add it to the banned list. Then using the general catch-all clause, even though apples weren't listed when you checked in 2013, you get prosecuted for eating an apple in 2013.

There's no evidence eating apples is performance enhancing, you get labelled a drug cheat, and your club gets stripped of the 2013 grand final win you played in.

Dank was also selling the ingredients of concern on a website run by his personal company, which anyone could buy from.

Watched this story. The Gazelle looks more like The Hulk. Surely you'd have to question products sold by a guy who looks like he's smuggling buffalos under his skin.
An interesting line on that report was the one about the extra investigators being employed on the case and it would help if the clubs were willing to cooperate. If not???
Hopefully the message getting out to athletes is that pushing the limits is just not worth it. Eat your fruit and veges and train hard kids.

so let me get this straight,
the drug 'allegedly' used at cronulla was banned by asada in september 2011 yet dank was gone in march & the drug 'allegedly' used by essendon still not listed by asada :huh:

like i read previously & like most oh&s bosses in my industry it seems that asada is just trying to justify their existance

Josh - gossip
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/sea-eagles-inject-at-home/video-e6frf3ou-1226597325751?subcat=1225914677120

2V Interview
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/039no-illegal-jabs-at-manly039/video-e6frf3ou-1226597374953?sectionvertical=league

At Josh Perry's house some Players injected what is legal - but is being reported as 'explosive' news :huh:

They forget to mention that he was roomies with Hawko's boyfriend, so the Boys were hanging around all the time to get their blood flow working out.:p

Funny how the Gazelle turned out to be anything but :D

ASADA now have more Staff at the Sharks than the Club itself :cool:

This is truly lurching from the sublime to the ridiculous with each hour.
Wonder if the Weapons of Mass Destruction Committee are feeling nostalgic yet:dodgy:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4