6th rise since Howard's promise they'd stay down.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man

AAP reports: Mr Howard said the rise - the sixth since the 2004 election - would hurt a lot of people.

"This decision will have negative consequences for a lot of borrowers. They will be hurt by it, they will be affected by it," Mr Howard told reporters in Brisbane.

"I know that, I sympathise with them, I don't like it.

"I think we all have to understand that when these adjustments occur, no matter how they might be justified in overall terms, they do have a personal and family consequences.

"I would say to the borrowers of Australia who are affected by this change that I am sorry about that and I regret the additional burden that will be put upon them as a result."

Mr Howard fronted the media in his Brisbane hotel, standing in front of an Australian flag and not his usual backdrop of the Coalition's "go for growth" campaign slogan.

Howard promised growth. Now all the aging Liberals will get higher returns on their term deposits.

Byso is on holidays on the Gold Coast - he has not had much to crow about.

Johnny is splashing money around Bennelong like it is going out of fashion - but so he should - he stands to lose his own seat! :lol:

I'm not taking sides, but I am having a good laugh over the semantics debate:

sorry
adjective

Dictionary
1. Feeling or expressing sympathy, pity, or regret: I'm sorry I'm late.
2. Worthless or inferior; paltry: a sorry excuse.
3. Causing sorrow, grief, or misfortune; grievous: a sorry development.

Thesaurus
1. Expressing or inclined to express an apology: apologetic, contrite, penitent, regretful, repentant. See regret/impenitence.
2. Feeling or expressing regret for one's sins or misdeeds: compunctious, contrite, penitent, penitential, regretful, remorseful, repentant. See regret/impenitence.
3. Disturbing because of failure to measure up to a standard or produce the desired results: disappointing, unlucky. See happy/unhappy.

Sorry John :lol: :lol: :cop:

settled on my first house yesterday....just lovely!!

Don't worry. You will only have to put up with high interest rates for another 2 weeks and then they will come tumbling down when Labor get into government.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7