67th Year - Manly All Time Best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TerryRandall said:
For another perspective coming from another angle, what would be your top 17 Manly players, in order, regardless of positions. Here is mine;

1. Bozo
2. Menzies
3. Wombat
4. Tooves
5. Lyon
6. Krilich
7. Randall
8. Lyons
9. B Stewart
10. Watmough
11. Hasler (sorry)
12. Reilly
13. Mossop
14. Roy Bull
15. Spud Carroll
16. O'Connor
17. Russell Gartner/Vautin/Ian Roberts/Freddie Jones

Chad at 7?!?!?!? Suprised you didn't find room for Scott and Brett as well.

Chip and Chase said:
BOZO said:
Brother , how can the most explosive, unpredictable and devastating player in the history of our game Bob Fulton not excite you ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

He excites me, but to be honest I never really saw Bozo play. I can just remember the 78 GF, so most of my proper memories of Manly players were from that point on. I have no doubt that Bozo is one of the greatest ever, as is probably Mal Reilly, Moose, O'Neill etc, but I don't have any personal experience to draw on there. The team was just my team of favourite Manly players, by no means an attempt at naming the best ever side.

I could have named him coach I suppose, as he is probably my favourite coach. What he did with that 90's side was phenomenal. As a side/era that 95-97 side was probably the best ever IMO. Current team will give that a shake if we win another title this year.
A player that was also one of my personal favourites was another explosive try scoring freak Phil Blake who still holds the club record for most tries in a season . He scored 27 tries in just 23 games .

Chip and Chase said:
He excites me, but to be honest I never really saw Bozo play. I can just remember the 78 GF, so most of my proper memories of Manly players were from that point on. I have no doubt that Bozo is one of the greatest ever, as is probably Mal Reilly, Moose, O'Neill etc, but I don't have any personal experience to draw on there. The team was just my team of favourite Manly players, by no means an attempt at naming the best ever side.

You can surely find some Fulton highlights on Youtube. He put in great performances for the Kangaroos as well. Search for Aust v Great Britain, etc, He won many games for Manly, at Brookie esp, virtually 'by himself' when the rest of the team were just not delivering.
The Brookie crowd would PLEAD for Fulton to do something, to get MWSE 'out of jail' many-a-time, and sure enough, he would do it, leading by example. esp round '74-75 era.
Gosh . . . . those were the days.

I didn't mean I haven't seen him play, I meant I never saw him play in real time, week in, week out as a fan.

I've seen DVD's of the 70's premierships, seen plenty of highlights of him. He is hard to miss, after all he is an immortal. You'd have to have been born under a rock not to have had some exposure to the great Bozo. Could play, no denying that.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6