1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 of the Best!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Sep 9, 2013.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Forget the title -make it 7...
    Remember before 2013 kicked off....some nights I dont but you get the drift.
    There were these 7 new players who were far from the biggest signings yet have all made the most of the Sea change.
    Hiku, Lawrence, Fa'aso, Symonds, Horo, Hasson & Gower.
    Yes there were others but these are the players who have suprised many & could well earn a premiership ring....
    Its a tough call but who is the best 3 signings from this over achieving lot.

In no order I go for -
    Lawrence - close to best front rower in 2013- superb athletic player with amazing speed & underrated defence.
    Horo - Works well with Foz & has become the player he potentially could have 2-3 years ago. Speed, aggression & workrate.
    Fa'aso - Yes he has missed a heap of games but is a real X factor with that much needed mongrel in the pack. Dynamic impact who could well be the difference in the finals imo....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    Surely got to be Lawrence. The fact he was rested on the weekend shows what a year he has had. How many other no-name signings at other clubs were rested this year in preparation for finals footy? None.
    [hr]
    With Symonds and Horo also making the podium. Both add so much. Fa'aso is damn good though

3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    I think you got it right, MK. Hiku has also been great. In the early rounds I thought T-Red would prove our best signing, but he was disappointing against the 'Riff, in my opinion. I know he has been injured, but I watched him closely in those first few matches for Manly and he was outstanding.
    We have also had our disappointments with the much-hyped Chee-Kam, and I thought Dane Chisholm would shine as a reserve back - a job taken by Hiku. Obviously Chee-Kam has plenty of years left to make his mark, but it seems Dane may just be below NRL standard.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I'd go Horo first, Lawrence 2nd and Richie 3rd. But seriously they (and the others) are quality.

5. Supesy

Supesy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Lawrence by a country mile. You can bet your bottom dollar if JWH is out the Roosters pack will have a massive task in containing Lawrence with Choc and Horo off his play the balls.

6. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    All true....Mr Who
    Hiku not far off mate, but its almost Lawrence/Horo then take a choice for 3rd....
    Went for Fa'aso because he is exactly the player we need off the bench, especially these big games ahead. I think we will get the best out of him against the Chooks this Sat.
    On Chee - Kam I think he may have been carrying injury majority of 2013 but your summary on him & Chisolm are spot on imo.