6 high shots jwh sent off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree he shouldn't have been sent off. If it was a Manly player being sent for that, I wouldn't be happy. Put it on report and have him miss a few weeks, sure, but it's not a send-off.

I thought no until that last replay...you could see the intent in his face and the following actions. Good call.

Don't know which tackle you boys were watching, was aiming for nothing other than the mouthguard.

Thug deserved to be sent.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Wasn't warrented. Should never of been a send off.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Agree he shouldn't have been sent off. If it was a Manly player being sent for that, I wouldn't be happy. Put it on report and have him miss a few weeks, sure, but it's not a send-off.

We have enough to worry about. Im no going to start getting concerned about the misfortunes of the opposition.

Should not have been sent off but i was happy at the time. If that was one of our players we would be fuming.

I thought it was a good old fashioned swinging arm on the front on replay.

It was a send off offence but they haven't been sending players for those high shots.

bob dylan said:
It was a send off offence but they haven't been sending players for those high shots.

Nailed it in one sentence. He deserved to go but there have been others that haven't been sent for the precise same thing.

I'd be happy to see send offs for shots like that.

There was 5 high shots from the roosters before it so I don't have a problem with the send off.

Did anyone hear that Warren Smith idiot. If Rose was injured then yes i agree it should of been a send off.

That is a classic high tackle send off for me, exactly like Prior's was last year

Rose doesn't lower, he gets lined up, a big swing of the arm, and bang

I wouldn't be complaining if a Manly player was sent for that, like Cuthbertson was in Canberra in 08

EIther way maria is spending some time on the sidelines.... again.

For all the talk about matai 'being a thug' to quote the media garbage, what about Maria.

How many times has he been suspended.

I have gained a ton of respect for him this year, but he lost a lot of it back tonight when after trying to take Rose's head off, he gives him a facial and pushes his head into the ground

I hope he gets 6 weeks, the chooks obviously had the intention to hit us high tonight with 6 penalties for high shots.

Wow after watching footage on repeat on the DT write up of the game, that is one of the worst swinging arms I have ever seen. Definite send off.

Four commentators thought that Maria was hard done by!
Coincidentally, none of them spoke about poor George copping it.

Choc nailed it - "If it was Matai, he would have been gone straight away!"

In normal circumstances I would have given him 10 in the bin but seeing as though there were only less than 11 minutes to go then he may as well have been sent as he would have only come back out for a few seconds once the 10 minutes was up.

Eagles2nv said:
EIther way maria is spending some time on the sidelines.... again.

For all the talk about matai 'being a thug' to quote the media garbage, what about Maria.

How many times has he been suspended.

If he was still wearing a Manly jumper then he would be.

lismore_fan said:
Four commentators thought that Maria was hard done by!
Coincidentally, none of them spoke about poor George copping it.

Choc nailed it - "If it was Matai, he would have been gone straight away!"

Full credit to our guys who did get hit high and especially George. They all jumped up straight away instead of milking a penalty like George Burgess did when we played Souths.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4