50 minute game vs Panfers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We put the cue in the rack after 50 minutes and cruised home.  Panfers were a rabble and we had too much class.

Beaver great at 6.  Glenn Stewart showed what we missed last week.  Ballin continues to win over even the hardest core whateverhisnamewas fans with some crisp dummy half work. 

No major injuries it seems though Orford caused a few heart flutters.  Choc back next week, bye bye Afa.

Not much more to say really.

Good start to the game but poor discipline within the play the ball area was annoying at times.

not the greatest 2nd half but i had a feeling the boys just wanted to put it away asap and then save themselves for next week.  it's going to be tough...

Nice how Kite & Perry seemed to double team Petero, was worried about this one until Pritchard was ruled out he seems to be the Panthers version of $BW.

Got sick of Gould dribbling on about the no try when the Panthers player pushed Williams off the ball, why not just forget about the rule book when Gould thinks a try should be awarded.

Got out to a lead, far too easily i might add, and from that point just crusied looking after ourselves til next week.

What do people think on the Stewart try. Thinking about it, i reckon it is probably a no try how he tapped it over the bloke, but then again, if you do it accidentially it is a try so why shouldn't you be bale to do what he did

Youse all forgot to mention just how cold it was at Brookie last night.  The guys certainly cruised from the thirty minute mark and it was obvious for all to see.  The Ox's groin was well iced at the end and he was a passenger for most of the game imo.  I don't know why Des plays him injured.  His distress was obvious as he didn't kick at all and was limping for most of the second half and fell of a number of tackles.  Dropping the ball when playing it will have to be addressed this week.  Penrith were poor.  Their outside backs were weak in defense and they weren't as quick as I had anticipated.  If we had of converted our tries then we would have won by thirty.   

Errors tend to come either when stress or pressure is on players, or when the focus is not quite a good. I think we did enough to win and minds were definitely on next week. Can't wait.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What do people think on the Stewart try. Thinking about it, i reckon it is probably a no try how he tapped it over the bloke, but then again, if you do it accidentally it is a try so why shouldn't you be bale to do what he did
I think I read that the rule was bought in back in Dally Messengers day as he used to run at defences and throw the ball over their heads and scoot round to regather.

I think accidentally is fine but Stewys looked to be intentional so should have been pulled up.

It could be argued that he was hitting it to improve his chance of catching the ball. It wasn't that the ball was ever fully under control till he caught it, though I take your point and you could well be right UP.

DSM5 link said:
Youse all forgot to mention just how cold it was at Brookie last night.  The guys certainly cruised from the thirty minute mark and it was obvious for all to see.  The Ox's groin was well iced at the end and he was a passenger for most of the game imo.  I don't know why Des plays him injured.  His distress was obvious as he didn't kick at all and was limping for most of the second half and fell of a number of tackles.  Dropping the ball when playing it will have to be addressed this week.  Penrith were poor.  Their outside backs were weak in defense and they weren't as quick as I had anticipated.  If we had of converted our tries then we would have won by thirty.   

Gee I don't know. I think I'd rather have an injured Ox out there than a fit Robson.

Canteen Worker link said:
It could be argued that he was hitting it to improve his chance of catching the ball. It wasn't that the ball was ever fully under control till he caught it.

Agreed.

How about the commentators dribbling on about the game turning on the "pass that wasn't forward" bla bla bla.

If they used their eyes they would have seen it was passed 43m out from our line and caught 39m out from our line. 

It looked like a forward pass to me too Mata. He can spiral it all he likes from his hand, but he spiralled it forward. Gould just has to go - his commentary ruins any game.

I thought the Panthers were hard done by with early penalty decisions and that crucified any chance they had. We looked comfortable but for the Panfers it was a repeat of the types of decisions we copped in the first half against the Rorters. The worst was when Ox blatantly tossed the ball when tackled, there was not a hand near the ball, and the video ref gave us a penalty. The ref should have gone with his first instinct as it was right.

Our compressed defense must be fixed for the Storm or we will be absolutely carved up out wide. Bell had an improved game but his defensive reads weren't that great.

Glenn was the best on field and we really improved with him back.

What is up with Jack A.  He looks about as fit as me.  Watched him in the warm up and he was struggling to even run.  Not Fg material I am afraid.  

Surely Wells would be better value.

Any word on whether Ballin is staying or going to the Broncs next year? 

Matabele link said:
Latest on Ballin is more positive than it has been.

I hope that he stays as he is playing well and because he can play the full 80 minutes he gives us the extra option of having Le snack at hooker and he can fill a back row position if needed. 

LOL at Gould and Rabbits re that forward pass. Those pair of a$$ clowns would have been lucky to finish even the most rudimentary high school maths, yet they are suddenly experts in vector physics. It was a classic forward pass, we even had the markings on the ground to prove it, yet these two morons embarrassed themselves with their backwards from the hands claims. Whoever threw the pass was virtually standing still, so how they could have imparted forward momentum onto a ball allegedly thrown backwards is beyond me.

As for Steweys try, at the time I thought no problem, just good skills. But if you read the actual rule below I may have to rethink my position, it says you can't deliberately "knock on". It's a bit of a grey area, as you see it ocassionally in contests for bombs, where the attacker will knock the ball up (forwards) and regather before it hits the ground to score. Just looks less deliberate in those circumstances I guess

SECTION 10
KNOCK-ON AND FORWARD PASS
Deliberate 1. A player shall be penalised if he deliberately knocks
on or passes forward.
Accidental 2. If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player
knocking-on regains or kicks the ball before it
touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an
opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed.
Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be
formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.
Charge-down 3. To charge-down a kick is permissible and is not a
knock-on.
Heading the ball 4. It is illegal to head the ball in a forward direction.
NOTES
Direction of Pass
The direction of a pass is relative to the player making it and not to the actual path relative to the ground. A player running towards his opponents’ goal line may throw the ball towards a colleague who is behind him but because of the thrower’s own momentum the ball travels forward relative to the ground. This is not a forward pass as the thrower has not passed the ball forward in relation to himself. This is particularly noticeable when a running player makes a high,
lobbed pass.

Scrum for Forward Pass
A forward pass in a passing movement is invariably caused by misjudgment and is rarely a deliberate offence. Play is restarted with a scrum after an accidental infringement.

Penalty for some forward passes
If the Referee is of the opinion that a player in giving a forward pass must have been well aware that the catcher was in front of him then the referee is justified in ruling that the ball has been deliberately thrown forward.

Ball is blown or bounces forward
If the ball is passed correctly but bounces forward or is blown forward by the wind, there is no infringement and play should continue.

Knock-on over Goal line
After a player, from the field of play, knocks on into his opponent’s in-goal area and he or a colleague touches down, play is restarted with a scrum where the knock-on occurred, except after a play-the-ball subject to Section 12, Law 10.

link for full ARL law book

http://www.nswrl.com.au/files/rules/ARL%20International%20Laws%20of%20the%20Game%202008.pdf

Actually when I think about it, what is the difference between what Stewey did and someone who intercepts a pass by knocking it up and forward before regathering it ? I think fair try.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2