1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 things we learned

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Crusher_Cleal, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    1. Forwards stand up. Mason & co we inspirational against the bigs Dogs forwards and didn't take a backwards step. Great stuff.
    2. DCE is prone to shockers too. When he doesn't have anything outside him (and let's face it, he didn't), DCE is prone to errors and poor decisions.
    3. Mate'o is not the long-term answer. Looking un-fit and slow, Mate'o is not going to be able to do this much longer. We really missed Foran's pace and aggression on Friday.
    4. No country for old men. Lyon and Matai are 2 of my favourite all time players, but these first 3 rounds have shown that they no longer have the pace to match the quick/fast/powerful centres that play the position today, like Lafai, Walker & co. I'm concerned about how they will keep pace with their opposition over the next 2 years.
    5. Surface was embarrassing. I realise that there were a few games played on the field over the last week (from what I understand), but the ground surface has turned us into a bit of a laughing stock. Pretty unprofessional.

2. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 46
    Dammit! I only got 3 out of 5. That's still a pass though right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Ease up on Mateo, he was our best last Friday. Fat and lazy, I don't think so. Happy to keep him there every week.

• Like Like x 3
  4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,365 / 111
    Lyon was particularly slow on Friday night. He was pedestrian at best, sat on his arse a few times.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,557 / 32
    If we get Checchin back the other team.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Crusher_Cleal

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    What were your thoughts on how he played against the Storm? (serious question)

7. Crusher_Cleal

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Yes, that's a pass

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crusher_Cleal

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Do you really want him playing at 5/8 for the next 2 years?

9. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,417 / 257
    Lyon went missing on Friday night. Wouldn't have even known he was out there. Matai can't shoulder the load he used to either. And don't start me on Gutherson. Rubbish last two weeks.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  10. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    I've been wondering about what has been happening with Michael Robertson. He's been unsighted on the wing for a few seasons now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Baz

Baz Beaver's Headgear

Ratings:
    +263 / 2
    thought Hasson had one of his better games for us, no missed tackles or errors

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Did one too many wang dances and lifted off like a helicopter military drone. Sad to say he was shot down over the Jane Try stand.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +951 / 40
    Hey this is a serious thread guys. Mateo was shocking for us. We really missed Foran. He sets up so many more tries. And bends the line. Plus he is never injured. Unlike Jamie Lyon and Steve matai. And Lyon was rubbish against the storm. Good work pointing this out crusher underscore cleal. Some people on this forum need to wake up to themselves. I think takarangi and Morgan would be a dream centre partnership next year if we can afford them.

14. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,365 / 111
    lyon and Matai should go to the titans now in a straight swap for whoever their centres are.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jatz Crackers

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    We could just poach an entire club. It would save on paying overs for one individual.

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    But the only club we could afford is the Bears.

17. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    That's right TopEnd, Foran is never injured. Except for right now.:)

18. Jatz Crackers

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
  19. Crusher_Cleal

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Look, Lyon is a top 3 Manly player over the past 15 years in my opinion, so I'm in no way having a go at him personally or trying to understate what he's done for us - trust me, I'm well aware. My point is that he's no longer the explosive player he once was, and I'm just concerned with how we will score points down his side of the field if he can no longer break the line with pace or power.

20. Crusher_Cleal

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    To be frank, I have similar concerns with how Matty B never runs from dummy-half!