5 day turnarounds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
''Our guys were really flat,'' he said. ''The league's got to do something about it. It would be great to be Brisbane and get a seven-day, seven-day, seven-day . That would be fantastic. Quite frankly the rest of the clubs are at a disadvantage. It's not an excuse for our performance tonight but it would be much easier … to have that sort of turnaround.'' Tooves saying what everybody can see but the NRL.

Matabele said:
We have had 3 x 5 day turnarounds already and the next one is before we play guess who? Broncos.

Anticipating a quote if we actually get a response from Gallooop.
Apparently its just the luck of the draw and it will all even out over the season.
BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope when they negotiate the next TV deal that the NRL puts safeguards in place to protect the integrity of the competition. By giving control to Channel Nine we have a ratings-led comp that ensure Brisbane will be in the top one or two positions.
Even if the NRL has to settle for less money, the NRL should be in charge of looking after the fairness for all 16 clubs.
As much as I dislike Melbourne I admire them much more than Brisbane because they also cop a raw deal with TV dictating scheduling.

mickqld said:
Not only the Broncos have had the easy 7 day scheduling so too have the Dogs and the Storm. Both those teams have had 1 shorter turn around game both being a Sunday arvo game then playing Friday night which is hardly demanding and the dogs lost that fri game and looked flat doing it the Storms short turn around cant even be counted as both games were at home anyway.. Every other game has been 7 or 8 day turn arounds for them as well. We have had 2 x 5 day turn arounds 1 of them being both away games. This is a f**king disgrace that this sort of rubbish goes on in a supposedly professionally run game.

Spot on Mick, this is a ****ing disgrace. It's a bit ironic that the top 2 teams have had consistent turnaround times with their schedules.

With our injuries and poor scheduling it really is no surprise of our performance last night, and our position on the ladder.

Besides toovs saying it (finally), do we think approaches are made to the nrl about this?

Is it just given over to the tv networks and they don't care?

What can we do? Email someone in the newly formed IC?

Tell the club (but surely they know from the club people on here)?

It's annoying, what's our next step?

MPC75 said:
Matabele said:
How many 5 day turnarounds have the Storm had?

Zero. Shortest has been 6 days, which was once.

Melbourne went 8, 6, 8, 5, 9, 6 to start the season. They have been lucky though that in the first 10 rounds, all have been either Saturday or Sunday games with the exception of round 5 (FNF) and Wednesday night for round 8 which will give them 11 days before (due to the weekend off) and 10 days after.

Matabele said:
Oh please, comparing occur to league is like comparing tiddlywinks to UFC.

Soccer

E2W was talking about ESL which I thought was English Super League. The soccer mob are called EPL (Premier League).

5-10-5-7-9-5 - Manly
7-7-7-7-7-7 - Brisbane
10-5-9-5-8-5 - Newcastle
9-6-8-6-7-6 - St. Merge
7-8-5-7-7-8 - Cronulla

Those are the day breaks between games for those 5 teams. Is it a coincidence the teams with the least variation in breaks are performing better? I know Brisbane, Cronulla and St. Merge might just be better teams, but I really don't think they do. I just can't believe Brisbane have had nothing but Friday games, it is ridiculous in a professional league to give any team such a blatant advantage.

Have a look at the draw up to 24th june. We cop 2 more 5 day turnarounds. We will have had 5 the Broncos 1 What a ****ing joke.

All teams should have an even allocation of games, no one likes Monday night games but every team should have to host 1 or 2 games a season so that the pain is shared around. Same way each should get their share of Fri/Sat/Sun games. This should all be put into the equation as part of the full season schedule. It seems like Monday nights are stuffing up many of the teams performances. If this is the case there is also duty of care towards the players to consider. If it is not good for teams to back up from a Monday night then it should be scrapped.

They are elite athletes in some cases getting paid $600k a year. People on $40k a year probably don't feel like going to work most days but they do to pay the bills.

The fact is that a lot of our players are old and cannot back up in 5 days any more. Time to rebuild particlarly the props

It would be interesting to see the top 8 turn arounds vs the bottom 8 turn around, and show any match-ups with the variation in turnaround for those teams. i.e. Manly v Cronulla and Manly v Dragons

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2