• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
What do people think about Stewart for 5/8.

I know he is really potent at fullback, but he seems to be pretty creative with the ball, has a reasonable long boot at the few times he went to second reciever last night it looked good.

Maybe Bani to fullback? He's fast, attacks well and seems reasonable under the high ball.

I'm not sure about this but it could be worth a shot.

I was thinking the same thing today and last night.

It would be easier to replace a fullback and train Stewart for this position than to find a 5/8 in todays market.

He is still rough when he plays in that role, but he has the beginnings

you dont move the greatest try scoring fullback the club has ever had

wait till he loses a bit of his pace in a couple of years

Yep a few years away at the very least if it ever happens. Stewart is too good in defence to move at the moment, he has always been a great attacker but his defence is up there with the best.

Bani needs a few years to learn the game more, I wouldn't be confident in his play reading skills, he is still relatively new.

Read my posts re Stewart as 5/8th from the past.  I think he'd make an excellent 5/8.  However Bob has a good point re Bani who I'd put a fullback if Stewey moved.  What about LeStrange?  I can't really understand why hookers in this day and age only play 20 minutes at a time.   

I actually like the idea, it wont happen in a hurry though, as i think Des wont weaken one position to strengthen another.  However is it too much to ask Stewy to play fullback in defence and when we attack to play 5/8th??

Of all the current stock, I reckon the bloke with the most potential to be 5/8th would be Cuthbo. That said I think he's a great forward and should stay there.

Given the talks about Barrett then I reckon we should offer maybe a 2 year deal as a stop gap (not a half bad stop gap) while we figure out the long term future of the clubs 5/8th position.

Unless Des totally backflips on is selection form then we have two options. Brett Finch or Trent Barrett. Them or Lyon im affraid and I know which one i'd go for.

Don't move Stewart to weaken one position and strengthen another. St George try Hornby at half and that limits his influence.

Stewart scores tries, saves them and chimes in all over the place. Backward step imo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6