1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 weeks for Matai

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, May 18, 2010.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I can cop the Humble one, but the Hayne charge is a joke

MANLY'S international centre Steve Matai is facing up to four weeks suspension after being charged with two careless high tackles.

Matai was charged by the NRL video review comittee today with a grade five careless high tackle on Parramatta five-eighth Tom Humble and a grade one offence on Jarryd Hayne in his team's loss to the Eels at Brookvale Oval last night.

Melbourne prop Jeff Lima has copped a one-game suspension after pleading guilty to a dangerous throw on Canberra's Travis Waddell in the Storm's 17-6 victory on Saturday.

The New Zealand front-rower will miss his side's round 12 clash with Canterbury with the the Storm having a bye this weekend.

Cronulla's Issac Gordon also took an early guilty plea, but avoids a ban, for dangerous use of the feet against Penrith's Michael Jennings.

2. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    This is where the shot on Hayne started

[​IMG]

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    How many does he get for any early plea?

4. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    cant remember which hit was which.. but the one with the swinging arm that collected on the head.. i thought that was 3-4 weeks alone. So im not suprised. Time to blood a kid.. if it was 1 week out.. maybe play Bailey there.. but i aint puttin up with that **** for 4 weeks.

Whare or Hoppa please.

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I think we all know it will be Bailey at 6 and Foran in the centres, as stupid as that will be.

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Des will put Bailey in the centres

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Agree with Kaza.  I expected 4-6 weeks and so he's lucky to be at the bottom end of that.  Lucky it as seen as careless and not reckless or deliberate too.

8. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    3 weeks if we don't challenge

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    No mention of Haynes trips on Matai I assume ??  

Matai's first one didn't miss the mark so he has to cop that on the chin, so to speak. Gee 4 weeks is a big loss, he has been one of our best all year. We could have done with Wolfy being back.

Haven't seen much Toyota Cup this year, is Whare living up to the hype ??