4 Free to air live matches from 2018 and changes to Draw and SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the free to air proposal.
Foxtel will want a Monday game exclusive
Smith has stated that there will be no more Monday night footy so this leaves Fox with either an early Sunday game in NZ or else a Sunday night game.

Great news for the clubs and fans with the NRL now to be in control of the draw. The draw is to be released in August of previous year. This should mean more people get to attend games (as they have more time to plan) and each club should get greater exposure on free to air tv.

Great news for the clubs and fans with the NRL now to be in control of the draw. The draw is to be released in August of previous year. This should mean more people get to attend games (as they have more time to plan) and each club should get greater exposure on free to air tv.

If you believe that you need you need to go to Specsavers and read it again.

NRL say they will choose the games, BULL****, we all know Nein will pull the strings.

I betcha the Donkeys get 90% of Friday nights, only Sunday games they will get will be V the other QLD sides.

The only difference is there will only be one game, so we can all choose to watch something else that night !!

You don't think that Nein has paid almost a Billion dollars to lose control do you?????

If you believe that you need you need to go to Specsavers and read it again.

NRL say they will choose the games, BULL****, we all know Nein will pull the strings.

I betcha the Donkeys get 90% of Friday nights, only Sunday games they will get will be V the other QLD sides.

The only difference is there will only be one game, so we can all choose to watch something else that night !!

You don't think that Nein has paid almost a Billion dollars to lose control do you?????
Well we can only hope that this will happen. Actually I did not read this. Dave Smith was interviewed on the radio this morning and he was the one who said this about the draw. Lets hope he keeps his word.

Well we can only hope that this will happen. Actually I did not read this. Dave Smith was interviewed on the radio this morning and he was the one who said this about the draw. Lets hope he keeps his word.

Whichever media outlet bids most will get to pick, if Fox bid a billion for all games live then it will be them that has the biggest say.

And remember that prick Gyngell is the boss of Nein, so in my opinion the draw will be decided by the real owners of the game, the telecasters.

We've had two TV Rights deals post Gallop, and IMO both of them have been quantum leaps in improvements (not just in the huge $$$ increases) over all of those negotiated by Gallop. IMO Gallop was always Rupert's man, dutifully serving Rupert's best interests.

The increased free-to-air coverage is fantastic. Without significant (and prime-time) free to air coverage, the game slowly dies. This is the problem the Super Rugby has. Netball Australia smartly realised this, and they actually pay to have their games telecast on free-to-air. They also do the production of the shows. Despite being a women's sport, and shunned by TV stations, they are fast growing in popularity, and are selling out their stadiums. Live coverage of all games on pay TV for the minority who have access to this should keep the well-heeled happy.

Keeping scheduling in the contracts under NRL control is a vital improvement for the fans. If Smith doesn't use this power for the fans, like the AFL have used their equivalent power, then pressure will no doubt build to oust him.

The NRL now says they have control of the draw. I hope that means the end of 5 days turn arounds where clubs are at a big disadvantage, and surely the end of the Donkeys Friday night dominance. It is a fact that the current 16 teams dont all get even courage from Nein and that needs to change.

At last the powers that be recognize that Monday night football it a bloody hassle for fans who want to to go to the games, Thursday nights are better in that its a lot easier to to take a Friday off for a long weekend if you choose too.

I hope in the new deal, we have more day games during the cold winter months and you never know but crowd figures might begin to rise, just an idea!

It's quite simple actually if Foxtel want to increase their numbers they will pump in the money will get 8 live games and show them in HD then who needs ch9 anyway
If Fox decide to show all the games live then Nine will only put in $825 million and not $925 million (as less people would be watching Ch 9). So this would mean that Fox would likely need to put in an extra $100K in order to show all games. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do.

Grabbed my neighbours Courier Mail today ( wouldn't be seen dead actually buying one) and there's a big two page story on the new TV deal, with the main thrust being that despite the NRL being in charge, the Donkeys, Scumdogs and Vermin will still absolutely dominant the " Premium" Thursday and Friday night TV spots.

The Broncos CEO was so confident that he reckons they will still get 80% of the Friday nights.

The lesser clubs ( named as Canberra, Newcastle & Tigers) could expect some FTA coverage but only on the FTA death zone ( Saturday nights).

SO, the NRL might be in charge but SFA is going to change !!!

One week Broncos on Thursday then the next on Friday then repeat

This is exactly what will happen, remember apart from FNQ the Donkeys dominant the entire state.

The Titans are a waste of space , don't rate on TV at all.

Cowgirls are 90% Saturday nights ( due to the demographics up there), so they will continue to get that slot, and if they are playing any of the premium teams ( I'm using that terminology from now on) they get FTA, otherwise the 530pm Foxtel game.

So the sum total of this deal is Monday night canned , replaced by Thursday night and taken by Nein.

And an extra FTA game than we have now.

Otherwise it will be Same **** Different Day!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4