38th Minute - did the referee touch Lyon on the shoulder?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I was watching the game on TV yesterday.

Lyon was setting up the conversion of the third first half try.

The referee came over and with his right hand he seemed to place it on Jamie's left shoulder.

Can anyone confirm this please?

If it is correct what rule doe the NRL have about referees and officials touching players?

If they have no rule shouldn't one be enacted?

The suspension against Matai is just one of those **** things that arises from time to time. I suspect that Matai only got suspended because Cecchin was really precious about it. Had it been any other ref, Matai probably wouldn't have had an issue.

I'm not fussed about it now though. The week off will do a world of good for Matai and now Hiku has had a couple of great games at centre. It's great to know that we have a backup centre that can win games for us.

I think Matai was suspended because of the context of when/how he touched the the ref. Matai had just been penalised when he thought he was not in the wrong. He should not have then gone over and touched the ref. He should have just walked away and accepted the penalty.

http://silvertails.net/threads/matai-charged-over-contact-with-cecchin.46040/reply?quote=679275
touch-jpg.1610

This is Peats, grabbing the Ref the very same week and as a penalty is being given :mad:

What , ? The Ref TOUCHED Killer ?>>? :punch:, ohhh ohhhh i'm appalled. Right, he should be suspended pending an investigation. Someone has to be held accountable for this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2