1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Kicking metres from DCE today.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    How long has it been since we have had that

3. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    is a palindromic number

4. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    Ye he kicked well. I was so impressed with his goalkicking, however, that I felt it deserved its own thread!

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    true there are 7 pages of DCE here http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=186814.0

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Most over rated stat in the game for me is kicking metres

I actually thought our kicking game was awful in the 1st half but got better in the 2nd

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    KIWI, YOU'RE RIGHT, THE KICKS IN THE FIRST HALF WERE NOT GOOD, BUT EXCELLENT IN THE SECOND.

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Kicking metres less kick returned is a probably a better way to look at it! ;)

Does anyone else think DCE has a real strange kicking action?  He seems to drop it funny but hits the sweet spot although the trajectory seems a lot lower than most other general play kickers.

9. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    Stirlo equates DCE's gait to Johnny Gibbs - looks a bit like him (well, at least there's a No.7 on his back).

2nd half kicks were pin-pointed. I'm sure they'll improve with each game.

Great to see his conversions were 100% today... and a lot from the side-line.

Well done DCE, for your second game in the top grade.

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    His conversion were great, the ones from the sideline went straight over the bloody dot. Straight as a die

11. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    He strikes the ball with such confidence.  He clearly has a natural feel for it.  Exciting times ahead.

12. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,903 / 27
    It's way to early to be talking DCE up, but for his 2nd NRL game I thought he played with incredible maturity...Great game !

13. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    There was a great post from Mark the other day about him,  he may post it again for us

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31

Does anyone else think DCE has a real strange kicking action?  He seems to drop it funny but hits the sweet spot although the trajectory seems a lot lower than most other general play kickers.
    [/quote]

For me, kicking metres comes down to how well the pack is going a lot of the time. If a pack is rumbling forward 60m every set rather than say 40m every set, then the kicking metres will be down obviously, is why I don't really regard it as a stat when comparing player A with player B

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Don't know about that ayjay, but every python fan knows Bolton's a palindrome when a parrot's pining for the fjords.

16. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0

[/quote]

For me, kicking metres comes down to how well the pack is going a lot of the time. If a pack is rumbling forward 60m every set rather than say 40m every set, then the kicking metres will be down obviously, is why I don't really regard it as a stat when comparing player A with player B
    [/quote]

Finding space is more important than kicking distance.  The difference a few seconds can make with the ball on the ground as opposed to the fullback catching it on the full is huge.  Although to be honest probably doesn't apply to Jarryd Hayne, his boot is immense.  He's got massive hangtime so the chasers have plenty of time to get down there.  Sowards boot hides a lot of the deficiencies in the Dragons pack.  Mick Weyman is the most overrated metres man in the game.

17. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finding space is more important than kicking distance.  The difference a few seconds can make with the ball on the ground as opposed to the fullback catching it on the full is huge.  Although to be honest probably doesn't apply to Jarryd Hayne, his boot is immense.  He's got massive hangtime so the chasers have plenty of time to get down there.  Sowards boot hides a lot of the deficiencies in the Dragons pack.  Mick Weyman is the most overrated metres man in the game.
    [/quote]

Excellent point about finding space, Masked Eagle. Not sure i agree about Weyman though. He always seems to attract a lot of defenders and is tough to bring down i.e. ties people up who then have to get back into position.

18. Masked Eagle

Ratings:
    +976 / 0

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Excellent point about finding space, Masked Eagle. Not sure i agree about Weyman though. He always seems to attract a lot of defenders and is tough to bring down i.e. ties people up who then have to get back into position.
    [/quote]

Maybe a little harsh on Weyman but I just don't think he makes enough metres to warrant his reputation as a walk up start for rep teams.