• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How long has it been since we have had that

Ye he kicked well. I was so impressed with his goalkicking, however, that I felt it deserved its own thread!

Most over rated stat in the game for me is kicking metres

I actually thought our kicking game was awful in the 1st half but got better in the 2nd

KIWI, YOU'RE RIGHT, THE KICKS IN THE FIRST HALF WERE NOT GOOD, BUT EXCELLENT IN THE SECOND.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

I actually thought our kicking game was awful in the 1st half but got better in the 2nd

Kicking metres less kick returned is a probably a better way to look at it! ;)

Does anyone else think DCE has a real strange kicking action?  He seems to drop it funny but hits the sweet spot although the trajectory seems a lot lower than most other general play kickers.

Stirlo equates DCE's gait to Johnny Gibbs - looks a bit like him (well, at least there's a No.7 on his back).

2nd half kicks were pin-pointed. I'm sure they'll improve with each game.

Great to see his conversions were 100% today... and a lot from the side-line.

Well done DCE, for your second game in the top grade.

His conversion were great, the ones from the sideline went straight over the bloody dot. Straight as a die

He strikes the ball with such confidence.  He clearly has a natural feel for it.  Exciting times ahead.

It's way to early to be talking DCE up, but for his 2nd NRL game I thought he played with incredible maturity...Great game !

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325359#msg325359 date=1300613817]

Does anyone else think DCE has a real strange kicking action?  He seems to drop it funny but hits the sweet spot although the trajectory seems a lot lower than most other general play kickers.
[/quote]

For me, kicking metres comes down to how well the pack is going a lot of the time. If a pack is rumbling forward 60m every set rather than say 40m every set, then the kicking metres will be down obviously, is why I don't really regard it as a stat when comparing player A with player B

ayjay007 link said:
is a palindromic number
Don't know about that ayjay, but every python fan knows Bolton's a palindrome when a parrot's pining for the fjords.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325515#msg325515 date=1300634779]

[/quote]

For me, kicking metres comes down to how well the pack is going a lot of the time. If a pack is rumbling forward 60m every set rather than say 40m every set, then the kicking metres will be down obviously, is why I don't really regard it as a stat when comparing player A with player B
[/quote]

Finding space is more important than kicking distance.  The difference a few seconds can make with the ball on the ground as opposed to the fullback catching it on the full is huge.  Although to be honest probably doesn't apply to Jarryd Hayne, his boot is immense.  He's got massive hangtime so the chasers have plenty of time to get down there.  Sowards boot hides a lot of the deficiencies in the Dragons pack.  Mick Weyman is the most overrated metres man in the game.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325785#msg325785 date=1300679909]
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325515#msg325515 date=1300634779]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Finding space is more important than kicking distance.  The difference a few seconds can make with the ball on the ground as opposed to the fullback catching it on the full is huge.  Although to be honest probably doesn't apply to Jarryd Hayne, his boot is immense.  He's got massive hangtime so the chasers have plenty of time to get down there.  Sowards boot hides a lot of the deficiencies in the Dragons pack.  Mick Weyman is the most overrated metres man in the game.
[/quote]

Excellent point about finding space, Masked Eagle. Not sure i agree about Weyman though. He always seems to attract a lot of defenders and is tough to bring down i.e. ties people up who then have to get back into position.

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Masked Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325903#msg325903 date=1300696364]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186990.msg325785#msg325785 date=1300679909]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Excellent point about finding space, Masked Eagle. Not sure i agree about Weyman though. He always seems to attract a lot of defenders and is tough to bring down i.e. ties people up who then have to get back into position.
[/quote]

Maybe a little harsh on Weyman but I just don't think he makes enough metres to warrant his reputation as a walk up start for rep teams.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6