30 years as a supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nice to see so many long time Manly supporters. Brought back some great memories. 'Miracle' Mal and his car & his maroon stained saddle, the clan en masse heading past the petrol station and across Pittwater Rd, Doug Parkinson, the peanut man, Steve the boomerang thrower, the guy in the Jane Try stand who spent every game booing for 80 minutes, the old ladies doing the knitting but only got involved when we got penalised, back on the hill there was a guy for a decade who would bet with any away supporter at evens no matter that we had no chance (and probably did a runner before FT), sliding down the hill, the toilets left unchanged for 40 years and should be heritage listed, the sun in your eyes and the sunburn, Grant on the loudspeaker, Moose getting the names wrong, women barred from the dressing room, beer after the game instead of staminade, 'My Garden Gnome', warm cans & cold pies, and getting your hands on the trophy after a GF win. Best part is sharing it with so many other fans.

I started following Manly when I was just a schoolkid, they made the grand final against Souths and weren't too far off the pace. That was 1968, I've followed their fortunes one way or another ever since, not sure how many years that is but pretty sure it is a long time:)

We should start a "pensioners" forum...all the youngun's can argue until the cows come home in the main one and us oldies can talk about "the good old days" in the other.

34 years, born to a Manly mad father and a mother that just goes with the flow. Named after Graham Eadie. Signed my two boys up as members recently (the youngest was two days old). First memory of Manly was losing consecutive Grand Finals to Parramatta in the early 80's. Have loved Manly and despised the Eels ever since. My old man bought me the Manly Grand Finals DVD box set a couple of years ago so I could see "just how bloody good Bozo was!". He was right, I can watch the 73 decider over and over again. 25 blokes punching the bejesus out of each other and one bloke playing footy. Won the game on his own.

Born in Manly hospital 1959, the doctor was Manly's weekend club doctor. I grew up watching the Manly play in the sixties, and all the guys in our street on Collaroy plateau used to meet in our Manly jerseys to play forcings back or to smash each other in the afternoon.
When my son was born 17yrs ago we lived right near Mona Vale hospital but we made the trek to Manly just so he could carry on the tradition.
Used to love watching Freddie Jones play, he was a tough man in a tough era.

This is a great thread.

I'm 1 of Mark's "old bastards".......even though i don't look it, haha

This is my 41st year supporting the GREAT club.

All the other kids at school were going for the Bunnies in the 70 GF and i thought fcuk this i'm going for the underdogs.
Needless to say I got a pissling after the loss but never wavered from that day.

Listened to the 72 & 73 GF's on the radio and can still remember it.

Got some really close mates now that i've met over the last few years at Brookie but especially on the MWTS trips and the only real thing we have in common is......MANLY WARRINGAH

Living in the heart of Knights country I've had to endure at times 80 blokes in my crew at work (i'm a supervisor) chanting Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle at me after a loss but that just makes the victories even sweeter, cause i get my own back X2

Luv this great club and as someone else said, I want to be buried in my Jerseys........all 90 of them

I just started following the boys at halftime in the final against the saints last year.  I guess it was something about how they had cut the oranges that put me on to the eagles. 

The Gronk link said:
I just started following the boys at halftime in the final against the saints last year.  I guess it was something about how they had cut the oranges that put me on to the eagles. 

I have met you Gronk (for all of 27 seconds) you don't count go to the yougens forum it's only old bastards here...anyone that can still go to a backpackers bar and perve on Scandinavian blondes don't count!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=187053.msg326791#msg326791 date=1300926902]

I have met you Gronk (for all of 27 seconds) you don't count go to the yougens forum it's only old bastards here...anyone that can still go to a backpackers bar and perve on Scandinavian blondes don't count!!
[/quote]

Well according to my pregnant wife that's not really an option open to me right now. 

34 years for me, much to the disgust of my Father.

Managed to get my Brother to become an Eagle supporter at an early age- again much to the disgust of my Father.

Dan link said:
Old True Supporters

Hilarious Dan

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300947975[/time]

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=187053.msg326889#msg326889 date=1300944648]
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=187053.msg326791#msg326791 date=1300926902]

Ok then what I should have said is

That can go to a Backbackers bar and perve on Scandinavian Blondes and not be looked at as a \"dirty old man\".

[/quote]

Well according to my pregnant wife that's not really an option open to me right now. 
[/quote]

You should call yourself

Zimmer Frames...........Old People supporters

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=187053.msg326905#msg326905 date=1300948072]
You should call yourself

Zimmer Frames...........Old People supporters

:p  Yes we are old but in two months we will still be sleeping :)
[/quote]

Expect the return of Snappy Zappy :)

Yes Dan

Actually you should bugger off as well as you can still perve on those Blonde big breasted Scandinavians too!

Seriously you have to admit this has been an interesting thread and as I say surprises me to see so many older guys on here posting, just thought it was Vid, MB, SER8 and me that were the old farts (oh and Bob Dylan) but way way more than that.

I am still a young buck at 29 and feel like I am still 20, though having a kid is surely going to age me quickly.

But still not a Zimmer Frame Member yet hahahaha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4