30 years as a supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
It just hit me last night that it is now 30 years since I became a Manly supporter. I was 6 years old and it was the season opener 1981. I have stuck solid throught the good times and bad. Won a few grand finals. Become friends with guys just because they support Manly as well. Cried. Laughed. But forever been faithful and loyal. And forever will be. Hopefully passed that onto my two kids as well. Celebrating by going to watch Manly down Newcastle with the family this weekend. Not bad for a young Arab Muslim boy from Western Sydney. And thank you all for having me.

let me guess, you hate the dogs the most ?

i'm in my 40th year as a eagles fan, seen all our gf wins, end of 71 I started following them

33 years for me, I was bought into goin for the sea eagles. Born in 78 I guess that was an omen, I remeber rugby league as far back from when I was 4 I have also seen the wins and the losses. The hardest thing for me is when Manly was in a joint venture was so hard to wartch and appreciate rugby league and if they hadnt of come back they would of just about lost me.

The happiest day of my Rugby League following days was when they Announced Manly was back!!!!! I went to about 80% of all games played up until 2008 Grandfinal Day!!!  I have supported then through all the Losses and all the wins and biy there were some ugly loses!!!!!

Be proud of this Team!!!  Even though I live out West these days I wear my Manly Gear with Pride!!!!  My son was conceived in 2008 so I had a feeling Manly would win the premiership Looks like he is taking after dad although my missus supports the doggies!!!! however she loves perving on Ballin LOL

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
let me guess, you hate the dogs the most ?

i'm in my 40th year as a eagles fan, seen all our gf wins, end of 71 I started following them

Hate the Dogs with a passion. The same passion as I love the Eagles.

There wasn't any other team.
My grandparents lived in William St Brookvale.
My parents met at brookvale public.
I went to Manly boys! (its been coed since 83!)
My first Manly memory was hearing the crowd at Brookie
while at my grandparents on a Saturday arvo!

33 years for me. I'm one of 7 kids and we are all manly supporters. Also I have my cousins, neices and nephews which is baout 50 in total and I would say that 90% are Manly supporters

This year is my 48th (**** I am old).

Started when I was 8.

2 more years until the Golden Anniversary.

So I can assure you I have seen some good times, some great times and some bloody ****ty times....BUT never once have I ever thought about a change...Maroon and White till the day I die!!

31 for me I was given a manly jumper the day I was born, 3rd generation fan and now my daughters are proudly 4th!!

I've even eclipsed Mark, chalking up 50 years. Taken to my first game at Brookie by my dad when I was 7 or 8. I have a distant memory of watching Rex Mossop, although I was more intent on collecting bottles and redeeming them for cash.
Those were the days.

I was 7 when I watched the '73 GF when Bozo beat those Gummies. Hooked for life. Living in the Shire all my life except for the odd year and there, it sometimes has been a lonely crusade. Dragged a few girlfriends over to Brookie over the years, but now have an 11 year old son who is Manly tragic already. See you all on Sunday for the return of the Prince.

Barry Hyland link said:
I've even eclipsed Mark, chalking up 50 years. Taken to my first game at Brookie by my dad when I was 7 or 8. I have a distant memory of watching Rex Mossop, although I was more intent on collecting bottles and redeeming them for cash.
Those were the days.

Old bastard!!

Great thread!

Good on you EagleE and good to know Im not the only old bloke.

My first memories of following Manly were in sixties. (I guess about 45 years for me??)

I remember listening to broadcasts on Dads radio. I think our play maker then was a guy called Bill Bradstreet? Anyone remember???

In our house if Manly won we celebrated by going out for chinese food. Which was as good as it gets for a kid growing up in the bush in the sixties.

Sliding down the back of the hill on beer cartons at half time, best childhood memories at Brookie! I love the old girl.

have been supporter 56 years played for narraweena  hawks  at 10
and they have produced some players for manly alec tennant a centre , late 60s early 70s ian martin a 5/8 who played in our first grand final win . bill bradstreet was a lock forward and also was aust rep top guy i think he even coached either a ball side or a flegg side early 80,s i will never stop supporting manly as i will be buried in all my manly gear to carry on in the afterlife when ever that happens  a long time away i hope never missed a game until i moved to qld 15 years ago but still get to games against broncs as a corporate invite from their sponsor 

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4