3 things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
No spoilers please.

1. How does kieran get Penalised by maxwell for playing the ball without being tackled. He was tackled. If he wasn't tackled why not a knock on? Why not call it back and say play it?

2. Jamie scores, maxwell says try, video says no.

3. James scores, maxwell says no try, video says yes

If a player runs around his own player it's an instant penalty. Instead they send it upstairs as a no try and they over rule it and say try. That'll do me I switched it off after that and looked at the final result. Good we won. This is getting beyond a conspiracy. I expect some good and bad calls but that takes the cake.

danny-boy said:
If a player runs around his own player it's an instant penalty. Instead they send it upstairs as a no try and they over rule it and say try. That'll do me I switched it off after that and looked at the final result. Good we won. This is getting beyond a conspiracy. I expect some good and bad calls but that takes the cake.

I'm entering tinfoil hat land too. These refs really tried to help the gc stay in the game today.

Please correct me if wrong, but I believe we only won 4 penalties all game. 2 were in possession, and 1 was on the siren. Is that right, or did I make that up?

If so, that is ridiculous. That's saying they only broke the rules once during the whole 79 minutes in defence.

Not to mention several strip penalties against us that were simply dropped balls.

Growly, you sound like opposition fans when they play at Brookie. Jace reckons the crowd yells and we get a penalty.

I can respect the home team getting a rub of the green from the crowd, but watching the game I just didn't feel that we had anything go our way. I'm just stating facts and feel like it was a bit one sided

But as I said, I a running on memory here, no hard stats.

It wasn't the crowd that got the penalties the refs were just pulling up every minor infraction manly made and also calling some shockers against us.
The penalties made the titans look better than they were, I would say that at least 40% of their sets in the first half gave them field position from a penalty

Mark from Brisbane said:
Final count 10-3

7-3 penalties first half 10 -4 at the end what a lot of crock. I thought that to overturn a refs decision there had to be 100% proof that the obstruction occurred not 10% these boofheads need to get some consistency before the finals or there are going to be some massive fines for coaches, tooves said on 4bc that had we lost he would have blown up. I still say he should have a go at them

Yeah as @Dan stated, the refereeing kept them in it, and made them look better than they really were.

(I have still given the Titans credit for a creditable effort).

But several significant clangers kept the score close, and we were professional enough to hang in, and get the win.

Just keep in mind, if we get even just a little bit more "rub of the green" we always put on a try or three more!

Since when was rolling the ball backwards on the ground between your legs when you are in possession a penalty ??

If it indeed was play on for Keiran then what rule did he actually break by "playing the ball" ?? Answer me that Horsehead. Stupid penalty.

Chip and Chase said:
Since when was rolling the ball backwards on the ground between your legs when you are in possession a penalty ??

If it indeed was play on for Keiran then what rule did he actually break by "playing the ball" ?? Answer me that Horsehead. Stupid penalty.

Most ridiculous penalty I've ever seen. I wish they would've brought it up with Tooves in the presser!!

The refs , once again did not share the whistle blowing..

great effort , great win...

However , no one was going to tackle james robert ( fair try ) and unfortunately killer's try was 50/50 i would hate a try to be awarded against us in that same manner , so im ok with the no try

What plan has the NRL in place to improve the standard of refereeing?
Do they even admit publicly that there is a problem ? Of course not.
But fair dinkum, this year is the worst refereeing i've seen since Barry G, and that was a long time ago.

The rule changes that could've contributed to the fall in refereeing standards could be some of the same ones that have tried to speed up the game.

It'd be a terrible career choice to put your hand up for this job, i agree, and so we get mugs doing it, and i do agree they have to think quickly and come up with snap decsions, but geez, its crap at the moment. Dont expect it to improve for the finals, it will take a year or two years for it to solidly improve.

panash said:
However , no one was going to tackle james robert ( fair try ) and unfortunately killer's try was 50/50 i would hate a try to be awarded against us in that same manner , so im ok with the no try

I'd hate to see a Manly player just stand there calling for a penalty instead of giving 100% trying to make the tackle.

Brookie Brawler said:
panash said:

I'd hate to see a Manly player just stand there calling for a penalty instead of giving 100% trying to make the tackle.

Yeah, just as men lay down to milk a penalty now with any contact to the head in a tackle, so too guys take every chance to appear obstructed when an attacker has him beaten.

And the more precise problem is the inconsistency.

We've seen far worse "obstructions" let go than Killer's no-try.

And Robert's try was deemed a "no try" on-field, yet overturned and awarded by the vidiots.

We might as well just toss a coin for these things.

It would be quicker, and likely to be no worse than what we put up with now.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2