$3 Million worth of talent on the bench

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Manly will be without $3 million worth of playing talent when they take on Melbourne.

SEA Eagles coach Trent Barrett says his side heads into the clash against the Melbourne Storm with more than $3 million worth of talent sitting on the sidelines.

And such is the club’s current injury crisis, Barrett only had 18 fit NRL players to call on for the game at Brookvale.

Full article:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/c47d50ea435fe1a1389835163a6076f9

I wonder how many other teams are in a similar position?

Manly Sea Eagles’ injury crisis delays star fullback Tom Trbojevic surgery

MANLY admit they’ve been forced to delay Tom Trbojevic’s ankle surgery because of their horror injury toll which has sidelined $3 million worth of players.

Full story:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/7b8284178b76b799ec0fd918350a7825

And people (mostly non-Manly fans) wonder why we've had a crap two years. Yes there are other reasons to consider, but when you basically play 2 seasons with half the team out injured and some of the other half playing through injuries because there is no one left to cover for them.....

This is one of the reasons NRL team lists need to have at least 30-35 players. The AFL has 40 players on theirs (plus a 6 player rookie list) and that helps cover the inevitable injuries that occur in a contact sport.

What it also does...is show its a fact Manly have done it tough in a very big way due to injuries...this is not an Excuse as some alleged...
Other factors I will agree contributed to a poor season has been players out of position & a constant change...especially the core...take Smith & Cronk out of Storm & do they make the 8 ??
A bit has been trial - error = mistake
...these positional experiments are for trials - not comp.
But mostly has been due to key injuries & dumb suspensions can also be added.

Well Parra are technically on 26 points with about 3 million on the sidelines too - Choc 700k, Fiz 1.4m, Peats, Paulo, Norman, Semi @:cool:

Manly's combinations, due to lack of structures, is what greatly contributed to this year's results. :cool:
Being the most penalized Team, also contributes to the amount of extra defense that Manly have to do each game :banghead:

Storm lose key player, and another one seamlessly slots in.
Same with the Titans :confused:

Last year was all an orchestrated failure to justify sacking a 28 year old Club Legend. Those injuries were all blamed on 2v and his support staff :mad:

It will be interesting to see how many seasons the Owners want to commit to the rookie Coach experiment :tmi:

Well Parra are technically on 26 points with about 3 million on the sidelines too - Choc 700k, Fiz 1.4m, Peats, Paulo, Norman, Semi @:cool:

Manly's combinations, due to lack of structures, is what greatly contributed to this year's results. :cool:
Being the most penalized Team, also contributes to the amount of extra defense that Manly have to do each game :banghead:

Last year was all an orchestrated failure to justify sacking a 28 year old Club Legend. Those injuries were all blamed on 2v and his support staff :mad:

It will be interesting to see how many seasons the Owners want to commit to the rookie Coach experiment :tmi:

Storm only have 2 key players Cronk and smith and when you take them out storm are ****. Same with Titans!

Unfortunately some of the older boys have struggled with injuries. This really hurt our playing group.

If we had played with a fully fit team this year we would have made the 8.
And it would be good to say you can't plan for injuries - but with Stewart and Matai - you can. Their old and going to be more injury prone.

I think moving forward Manly needs to limit big year deals to players because we have seen the results... we are left with $millions on the sidelines and this hurts our season.

I'm a huge fan of both these guys but I really do hope they call it a day. Another year of injuries and expensive sidelines means another year for the entire team to struggle.
Yes it's time for them both to pull up stumps. If Stewart and Matai play next year we won't make the 8 IMO they are to slow, slower than our current slow backline.

Why is it that coaches always say "We're not making excuses" right before they start making excuses?
It's the NRL. It's a tough competition for every team. Sure, some teams get breaks with scheduling, etc, and nobody has done us any favours this season. But we used to be able to rise above.

The real question is why so many injuries.
It comes down to the strength fitness and rehab program. Obviously ours have been poor. The players are not big enough, strong enough and fit enough to inflict injury on the opposition instead we are getting bashed.

Tedesco's broken jaw? Is that strength or conditioning.. Injuries are random.. Penrith injuries? Roosters injuries? Are w e blaming their staff too?

Storm only have 2 key players Cronk and smith and when you take them out storm are ****. Same with Titans!

Not sure how you disagree with Happily Manly's post here - she stated facts only? Are you suggesting those things actually didn't happen?

Why is it that coaches always say "We're not making excuses" right before they start making excuses?
It's the NRL. It's a tough competition for every team. Sure, some teams get breaks with scheduling, etc, and nobody has done us any favours this season. But we used to be able to rise above.

Since I have been watching Manly (1968) there has never been an injury toll like the past 2 seasons.

To think we can rise above it, or that in the "good old days" we did is delusional.

And anybody that thinks not having Snake, Matai, Lyon, Parcell, T-Turbo,
Jorge, Walker and DCE missing for extended periods isn't a valid excuse is moon dribbling mad.

Cowboys lose 1 player and their win % drops by 50%.

Not sure how you disagree with Happily Manly's post here - she stated facts only? Are you suggesting those things actually didn't happen?
I wouldn't disagree but highlight that fact that the slime got 12 of those 26 points while cap cheating.

Can somebody please tell me which of the following injuries are a result of poor strength and conditioning.

Snake's chronic hammie and knee.
Matai's neck
Turbo's ankle
Parcell's hammie
Jorge's shoulder.
Walkers hand.
Lyon's aging legs.
DCE's ?? whatever it was leg.

I wouldn't disagree but highlight that fact that the slime got 12 of those 26 points while cap cheating.

And we beat a team 40-0 who were cheating the cap - end of the day - players are just humans who can be done over.

Since I have been watching Manly (1968) there has never been an injury toll like the past 2 seasons.

To think we can rise above it, or that in the "good old days" we did is delusional.

And anybody that thinks not having Snake, Matai, Lyon, Parcell, T-Turbo,
Jorge, Walker and DCE missing for extended periods isn't a valid excuse is moon dribbling mad.

Cowboys lose 1 player and their win % drops by 50%.
Yes, we had a lot of injuries. I accept that. But we also made a lot of mistakes, hardly ever played to a game plan and, until the back end of the season, were about as resilient as a soggy paper bag if anything didn't go our way. For the bulk of the season we were just plain bad, and that's why we've missed the finals again.
So yeah, injuries are a valid excuse, but they're still an excuse and they deflect attention away from just how poorly this team has played. Bad management, bad coaching, bad luck - call it what you want, it's still bad.
We were told ad nauseam how much better we were going to be, how we'd skipped the rebuilding process and would go straight back to the top. I never believed it for a second, but a lot of people did and they have a right to be disappointed. By any measure, the season has been a failure.
I hope we're better next year and continue to improve. I'm not convinced Barrett is the man for the job but I hope he's at least given time to prove that he is. And in the meantime I don't want to hear any more excuses, valid or not. We finished where we deserved to finish. We weren't very good and we need to get better. The players and coaching staff need to admit that, stop talking about who isn't playing and what might have been, and just get on with the job.

Can somebody please tell me which of the following injuries are a result of poor strength and conditioning.

Snake's chronic hammie and knee.
Matai's neck
Turbo's ankle
Parcell's hammie
Jorge's shoulder.
Walkers hand.
Lyon's aging legs.
DCE's ?? whatever it was leg.
All of the leg inuries are strain related.
Snake was lauding the new off season training regime of extreme running.:confused:

Stewart, who has battled hamstring, groin and knee injuries throughout his career, has taken part in most sessions and said he could not remember doing so much running as new head of performance Dan Ferris has focused on building the player's strength and endurance.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-offseason-training-plan-20160219-gmyfin.html

Matai's neck and Jorge's shoulder are due to trauma.

Walker is just a dum**** who self harms :mad:

Hopefully the next pre season gets their aerobics up by other means.
Phil Blake used to swim between Queenscliff and South Steyne daily :nod:

Stupid post given they started 1M over the cap.

And they had a full salary cap available for most of their first 6 wins so really really dumb post

and Semi is playing so incorrect anyway

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6