1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Melbourne Storm books coming out

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by cherry_poppins, May 12, 2013.

1. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    One is a book along the lines of "Don't die with the music in you" but by Bellamy

The other 2 are on the cap scandal
    [​IMG]

2. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Why do 2 books at same time on the same thing?

3. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Same reason they ran two books for contracts. One is the "story" and the other is the truth. You have to buy both books to get the full picture.

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    It's an homage to the two book of accounts that they had for the Salary Cap Auditors.:p

5. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    One is called My Life in the Bush of Ghosts'. The other is called "'Billy never gave anyone a reach-around' - Lament of a Coach".

Both to be published by Mudrock press.

Interesting as Limilted News has now sold the Storm that tell all tales come out.

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    If you buy them as a package deal you will be lucky enough to get the signatures of Smith, Slater and Cronk on all 3. GI was asked to sign it but it was raining so the planes weren't flying to Melbourne. He has contributed a crayon drawing of a boat as the book cover though

7. Jax24

Jax24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0
    When I saw the title I thought another book of accounts had been discovered lol. Was dreaming of another title stripping haha.

8. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    I'm hoping for a damning account of the whole saga - this will be the only storm related item I will ever purchase, needless to say.

9. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    I hope it as enjoyable as the Super League: The Inside Story, written by Mike Colman. Bit of a knob journo, but the book was a really good insight to the War and the events during it.

I'd also recommend people read the various transcripts from the court cases, even if they are a bit of a slog. The gems of info that came out of those documents were fantastic for getting something closer to the full story.

10. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Theres 2 books coming out

One is by the coach

The other 2 are about the salary cap
    Get it? 2 books? In reality its only one book