3, 2, 1 v Bulldogs [Round 13 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 Sid - Game changer tonight. We were up against it the first 20 minutes and he flipped the game in our favour.
2 Snake - 2 tries, in most plays, strong in defence. Back to the snake we know
1 Fox - Great kicks in play, solid defence and really controlled the game when Sid came off.

I would like to give honourable mentions to Killer for his goal kicking tonight and JSL for his solid performance

1. DCE - broke the game wide open when we seemed to be struggling.
2. Choc - What more can you say about him,Playing with 1 arm and never stopped.
3. Snake- Usually hesitant in wet weather, but his commitment today couldn't be questioned.

DCE turned the game with a brilliant 15 minute spurt. Ferris had a really good game tonight I thought, got through a lot of work. Snake was Johnnie On The Spot for a couple of good meat pies. Choc busted up but gave his 110% as usual. BJ, Lui and Horo showed that balanced athletes will beat big lumbering behemoths in the wet every day of the week. Slow start tonight but weathered their early onslaught and then came into our own. Good win.

3 - DCE (his 10min spurt won us the game)
2- Killer (that tackle he made when we were 6-0 down and the calm he showed to direct Snake to the other player....we go down 12-0 and I think we lose)
1 - Foz (typical balls and all effort)

DCE, Snake, Lyon

Foz was pretty good as was Watmough. Our forwards really stood up today and didn't take a backwards step against a monster pack

You know you've watched a special performance when you can't believe you didn't give points to a list of about 8 players.

How good is it to send Despicable packing like that ?

I loved Starling getting feisty with the dogs players there at one stage. I know he has his critics, and whilst I think he's limited, he really appears to put in every week (in my opinion).

Watmough's performance tonight was incredible. For me he showed his worth to the club with that brave performance and whatever we are paying him back-ended and all he is worth every dollar. DCE, Foz, Snake all brilliant as well as 13 others. Fantastic performance against the ladder leaders - proud of ya boys!

Pommie Eagle said:
Watmough's performance tonight was incredible. For me he showed his worth to the club with that brave performance and whatever we are paying him back-ended and all he is worth every dollar. DCE, Foz, Snake all brilliant as well as 13 others. Fantastic performance against the ladder leaders - proud of ya boys!

Yeah I thought Watmough was the MOM. He really inspired the forwards and got through a ton of work!

Who did 9 give the award to?

Snake said:
Pommie Eagle said:

Yeah I thought Watmough was the MOM. He really inspired the forwards and got through a ton of work!

Who did 9 give the award to?

Both 9 and 2GB gave their MOM to Snake.

Yep my MOM was Choc for giving the forwards the impetus and the driving force up front. Led from the front against those Dogs boppers. Mind you, the other 16 weren't far behind him!

3 - Killer
2 - DCE
1 - Snake

To use sports biggest cliche, Killer had a captain's knock tonight. Brilliant in attack and defence, and his goal kicking wasn't bad either. Could have easily gone inside to Matty Ballin after DCE made his break, but had enough vision to see he was covered and chose the right option in giving the ball to Peta.

In 15 minutes DCE showed why we're all hoping his knee is ok and why Mal Meninga is right now at his local church praying for the same.

Snake has been well down on his usual standards in the past few games, but tonight in conditions that didn't suit him he stood up to be counted. Something about the Brookvale in-goal area's appeal to him, he just loves putting the ball down there more than anywhere else (other than maybe ANZ's in-goals on GF day :D).

Honourable mentions to Choc, Skivy, Foz and Peta who tonight looked more comfortable on the wing than I've seen before.

Wasn't the Dogs monster forward pack supposed to steamroll over ours on their way to an easy win? IIRC David Middleton said last night on TFS something to the effect that their average weight is over 103kg.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4