2v to blame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer03 said:
We win as a team, and we lose as a team. So Tooves, the boys and the fans. We all lose tonight.

I personally would not have had Taufau in the team, and had Gutho or Blair start. I think he is shot confidence wise and isn't making his bullocking runs. And also I would have rotated in JSL a lot earlier.

However my coaching experience in the NRL is 0 games for 0 wins. I think Tooves has done an absolutely outstanding job to get us top 4, 3 years in a row.

But agree he is part of the loss.....along with everyone. Those who played well tonight, those who played poor. We all lost.

I think Jorge is depressed, likely clinical depression.

Fair dinkum, I just watched the press conference, and am not at all impressed. Where's the passion? the disgust?

Just the same tired old "stay positive", "good signs at the end", "we need to be better", "they had luck" (referring to tries off kicks), "we'll work hard", "very disappointed"...

On Taufua - "he's a confident bloke", "he's an important part of the team", "he'll bounce back from that", "he's been working hard on that, so he'll --continue-- to do that".

For real?

Is this denial?

I know Toovs has toned it down since his ref blow up, but there's nothing stopping him from showing some disdain towards his own team for such a performance.

Ramrod said:
Was Epalahame Lauaki training on the field before kick off?
I thought I saw a lot of hair.. and I meant a LOT.

Yep, that was him.

All 3 of the clubs hookers out injured within 2 weeks. Enough said!

And we have had the same hooker every game for the best part of 6 years.

Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
The title of this thread makes me sick to the stomach. Have some respect.

Get yourself a bucket precious if it ain't fixed you'll have another season of this dribble.

Settle down people. Gosh it seem like total doom if we don't win everything, all the time.

Ok, am I being bias to think we got some very crook calls as well? I thought they were allowed to wrestle us much more than vice versa. I'm not making excuses, but that's just how I felt during the game.

Ryan said:
Ok, am I being bias to think we got some very crook calls as well? I thought they were allowed to wrestle us much more than vice versa. I'm not making excuses, but that's just how I felt during the game.

I'm with ya Ryan.
Eg - Foz penalised and on report for a high shot on Luke, he was going for the ball FFS, they scored off the next set.
- When Snake scored albeit off a forward pass one of the Burgi hit him with a similar type tackle.

I don't think either warranted a penalty but one was.

I found it funny in an ironic sort of way that the Fox commentator said in regards to the forward pass - "I know it's not going to affect the result now but what it wast he GF and it was 12 all..." Couldn't help but reflect on last years GF.

AndyVXI said:
Fair dinkum, I just watched the press conference, and am not at all impressed. Where's the passion? the disgust?

Just the same tired old "stay positive", "good signs at the end", "we need to be better", "they had luck" (referring to tries off kicks), "we'll work hard", "very disappointed"...

On Taufua - "he's a confident bloke", "he's an important part of the team", "he'll bounce back from that", "he's been working hard on that, so he'll --continue-- to do that".

For real?

Is this denial?

I know Toovs has toned it down since his ref blow up, but there's nothing stopping him from showing some disdain towards his own team for such a performance.

Let's play psych 101.

If he bags out his players too much, they may not perform (collectively).. example: if your boss bags the hell out of you, and hang you out to dry, does it make you want to perform or take a walk? I guess it all comes down to the individuals.

..And having seen the Footy Show's "Perfect Partners", so many of these footy players are "new age sensitive guys" and they cry watching chick flicks. Go figure.

Tooves hoping that he's loyal to them enough that they will OWE him BIG time and do better and pay him back.

It's damn if you do and damn if you don't.

I still support Tooves. He has more brains than most (Chartered Accountant & Board Director at the NRMA). Des was only a PE teacher. Tooves has always been a leader.

Ramrod said:
Let's play psych 101.

If he bags out his players too much, they may not perform (collectively).. example: if your boss bags the hell out of you, and hang you out to dry, does it make you want to perform or take a walk? I guess it all comes down to the individuals.

..And having seen the Footy Show's "Perfect Partners", so many of these footy players are "new age sensitive guys" and they cry watching chick flicks. Go figure.

Tooves hoping that he's loyal to them enough that they will OWE him BIG time and do better and pay him back.

It's damn if you do and damn if you don't.

I still support Tooves. He has more brains than most (Chartered Accountant & Board Director at the NRMA). Des was only a PE teacher. Tooves has always been a leader.

I kinda see where you're coming from, but still, Bellyache , Arthur, Robinson, Madge, all would have had some strong things to say about what we saw out there tonight. I'm sure their sides have SNAGs as well.

Des taught yr 5, not PE, at least when I was at the school. Glad I was assigned to another teacher that grade cos he scared the bejezuz outta most of us. Think of his tirades that you've seen in the dressing room on TV but to 11/12 y.o boys.

Anyway, I don't doubt he's a leader, but right now I am asking if he's a good one.

Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:

Get yourself a bucket precious if it ain't fixed you'll have another season of this dribble.

Come on man, blaming a club legend who captained us to premiership, and had his face rearranged in numerous grand finals, simply because we lost a semi-final against a raging hot opposition with a host of injuries against us, is pretty weak.

We'd all cop it if that was all - but look back at the last half dozen plus matches. Even at close to full strength we have been ****e,

At full strength, we are still light on in the forwards. We overachieved this year in the preliminary rounds. Our pack is a bottom of the eight contender at best. The other teams lifted towards the end of the year, and we have struggled to go with them. Outside of Choc and Gifty (who was missing anyway), it's just not strong enough in comparison to Souths and the Roosters.

Lui, Sene-Lefao, Starling, Symonds, Horo, Hasson, and a 33 year old Jason King...you do the math.

That's the problem IMHO, everybody knew souths were going to try and go straight through us and when Hasson (a player that has been part of the "prop" rotation most of the year) pulled out he replaced him with a centre/winger.

Killer03 said:
However my coaching experience in the NRL is 0 games for 0 wins. I think Tooves has done an absolutely outstanding job to get us top 4, 3 years in a row.

Aaah but you haven't lost any either!

Agree 100% about Tooves. His blood is Maroon and White and I'd have his passion over any other coach in the NRL, any day

Take three Origin players out of any team and they will struggle.

Should Potter be sacked? Tiger cubs went from top four to bottom four.

Why? Maybe because the team he wanted to put on the park couldn't be put on the park..

The other thing is, if there really is dissent within the team and it's coming from senior players with egos the size of Sydney Harbour, that would make Tooves task of coaching a winning team, many many times more difficult. As anyone who's ever tried to manage people would know, one of the worst challenges to getting your team running smoothly is someone in a senior position with their nose out of joint. If that were a few people ... eeeesh!

Central Coast Eagle said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:

Come on man, blaming a club legend who captained us to premiership, and had his face rearranged in numerous grand finals, simply because we lost a semi-final against a raging hot opposition with a host of injuries against us, is pretty weak.

We'd all cop it if that was all - but look back at the last half dozen plus matches. Even at close to full strength we have been ****e,

At full strength, we are still light on in the forwards. We overachieved this year in the preliminary rounds. Our pack is a bottom of the eight contender at best. The other teams lifted towards the end of the year, and we have struggled to go with them. Outside of Choc and Gifty (who was missing anyway), it's just not strong enough in comparison to Souths and the Roosters.

Lui, Sene-Lefao, Starling, Symonds, Horo, Hasson, and a 33 year old Jason King...you do the math.

That's the problem IMHO, everybody knew souths were going to try and go straight through us and when Hasson (a player that has been part of the "prop" rotation most of the year) pulled out he replaced him with a centre/winger.

You can't seriously believe we missed Hassons impact?

Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:

Spot on Snake. This is the reality, nothing to do with Toovs. The salary cap has taken it's toll on us, it's bound to happen sooner or later. We have some tough decissions to make in regards to recruitment/retention. Do we throw the kitchen sink at Foran and DCE and be another cowboys where all our money is spent on a couple and then skinny in other positions.

In 2011 we won the comp with a strong forward pack and a pair of rookie halves. As there value goes up, it makes it harder to recruit in other key areas.

As for last night, our kick chase was horrid. They made so many line breaks. The leaders in defence in the kick chase is always Ballin and Buhrer. We missed them alot.

MPC75 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:
Snake said:
Jerry1 said:

Spot on Snake. This is the reality, nothing to do with Toovs. The salary cap has taken it's toll on us, it's bound to happen sooner or later. We have some tough decissions to make in regards to recruitment/retention. Do we throw the kitchen sink at Foran and DCE and be another cowboys where all our money is spent on a couple and then skinny in other positions.

In 2011 we won the comp with a strong forward pack and a pair of rookie halves. As there value goes up, it makes it harder to recruit in other key areas.

As for last night, our kick chase was horrid. They made so many line breaks. The leaders in defence in the kick chase is always Ballin and Buhrer. We missed them alot.

Melbourne have done very well basing their team around the big three and supporting them with journeymen but it seems to me that those three positions cover more of a team's needs: fullback, half, hooker. We're talking two halves. To me, that's what makes it really skinny.

Mavin said:
Lord Eagleton said:
These things happen when you cant field a full strength team against a massive pack like Souths

So you are saying we lose 3 players and we should be down 40 nil? I remember a game i think it was 1991 or 92 a semi against Canberra with injured players everywhere yet we played a tremendous game we lost but played with pride. Kevin Iro played about his only great game for us in the match. Injuries are no excuse for our form.

I remember this game... have it on VHS!
"He whose name cannot be spoken" was truly inspirational

bob dylan said:
C'mon mate, its not that bad.

They are bigger and stronger than us tonight.

We are seriously down on troops.

We have had a great season.

I can't agree. It's been obvious for a while and we have some replacements who I believe can do a better job (Gutherson and Blair).

We can always pull out the let's be positive line, which is fine, it is important to be positive for sure, but we can't bury our heads in the sand either and ignore addressable issues.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2