2nd Test

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
My team would be:
Cowan
Warner
Quiney
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Pattinson
Hilfenhaus

Pontings gotta go. Great servant of Aussie cricket. One of the all time greats. But his time is up. Quiney showed enough imo (i know he only scored 9), but he showed enough confidence to suggest he could make it, and personally I'd be more excited to see Quiney coming out to bat than Punter.
Clarke can bowl his left arm darts in place of Gary's nude balls.

Clint said:
My team would be:
Cowan
Warner
Quiney
Clarke
Hussey
Watson
Wade
Siddle
Starc
Pattinson
Hilfenhaus

Pontings gotta go. Great servant of Aussie cricket. One of the all time greats. But his time is up. Quiney showed enough imo (i know he only scored 9), but he showed enough confidence to suggest he could make it, and personally I'd be more excited to see Quiney coming out to bat than Punter.
Clarke can bowl his left arm darts in place of Gary's nude balls.

No

Yep, fair call KE. Hadn't considered that. Lyon just does nothing for me as a spinner. Bring back Stuey Magill. :D

Make Watson earn his spot.

35 Tests and only 2 100's and an average of 37.

A lot of wraps on him and he is ordinary at best.

Quineys first class average is 37 Bob.

Not saying Watson deserves to walk in, but he has a better record than Quiney.

Ponting I suspect will be doing a lot of looking in the mirror, unfortunately he wont step down, he will need to be shoved, that time may be now, but he deserves respect if he does.

And if the next test was in Perth I'd agree on Lyon, but they wont go in without a spinner down there, and agree with Kiwi on Clarkes back, the only downside of him batting so well is that his back just isnt up to much bowling, and we know what he is there for, and he has taken the batting to a new level.

Same team for me. Watson in for Quiney if Watson's fit. Starc for Siddle maybe. Least Hilfenhous can swing a ball every now and then, Siddle just bowls that short of a length bull**** all the time.

Khawaja should be there over Quiney.

I don't mind Quiney, Ponting needs runs.

Warner is the one in trouble I think but it would be unfair to drop anyone after just one innings.

Ponting just scored a big score,I think people look to deep into every low score because of his age and that's dumb, remember how we lost the core of the team a few years ago to retirement?

We are barely even recovering from that and without old Punter well we'd be worse off, the talent coming through isn't much chop at the moment anyway, Punter retires after England as is his wish

Besides isn't Hussey older anyway?

Youth is rarely a good policy when aiming for success, the vultures need to stop because when he goes the team will be the loser, not Ricky

Besides he is still teaching Clarke a thing or 2 about captaincy, his presence alone is worth carrying

I hope Rick proves me wrong and comes out and scores 200 in the 2nd test.
I dont believe for a minute that Ricky should be there purely for his cricket knowledge. I never rated Ricky as a captain. I think he just inherited a great team from Steve Waugh. Some of his tactics when he was captain were confusing to say the least
I think Clarke has shown that he has a pretty astute cricket brain and I think he'd cope as a leader just fine with our without Ricky Ponting.

Watson will walk back in to the side as soon as he is fit. I can't see how anyone could suggest otherwise. He has been a consistent performer with bat and ball for over 12 months now, in all forms. He adds a whole new dimension to our bowling, we struggled without him in Brisbane. Most likely Quiney would miss out if that was the case

Starc got a 4 for yesterday for NSW, and personally I like the left arm variation in an attack. Happy for him to be included, but not at the expense of Lyon, we need a spinner in Adelaide. I like Hilfenhaus when he is swinging the ball, when he's not he is military medium. Siddle will be needed to do the grunt work in Adelaide, need someone to bowl long spells especially seeing as Watson and Pattinson are fragile and only good for short spells.

No surprise there. Anyone care to make an early prediction on the outcome of the Adelaide test. Generally it has been a "result" pitch for the last few seasons.

Obviously Duminy will be replaced and I also think the Saffers will give Tahir a run.

Chip and Chase said:
Anyone care to make an early prediction on the outcome of the Adelaide test.

1 day lost to rain. Juice in the deck. SA to win on day 4.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/are-we-too-hard-on-phil-hughes/tabid/91/newsid/98354/default.aspx
Enjoyed this story by Ben Hocking. I loved watching Phil Hughes bat.

Well interesting morning, Kallis showed once again why he should be talked about above ponting, tendulkar, lara etc as the greatest of the modern game, out averages the lot with the bat but then adds so much value with the ball. His loss is really going to make it tough for the saffies.

should be good runs later in the day and given the 4th innings results at Adelaide we are a chance

What happened with Kallis, fluffy?
I know he did his back, but do we know how bad?
Man, its been crazy since lunch.
You were right with your prediction of runs later in the day.
63 runs in 6 overs since lunch. 17 runs off the last over.
Go boys!

Clarke in red hot form again, since he took captaincy he scores a century every other innings almost

He is on fire, is MJ Clarke.

The Warner bomb went off, no misfires today.

Quiney will now make way for Watson upon his return, if that was ever in doubt before his duck.

Punter's dismissal said a lot about where the old fella is at these days.

Never seen a test like this before, if those 2 can keep the pace this test ends in day 3 provided the bowlers don't stink the shop up

I said that in sarcasm due to Clarke being out of form at the time but not spoken about like Ponting who was also out of form, infact at the time Clarke was the forgotten player because of Pontings form,I didn't expect the golden boy to be dumped but now well he's not going anywhere for a long time, has to be tempting to push him up to 3 when Watson gets back and Punter to 5, reason bringing think Watson could do better with injuries if he got a good rest, mind you Clarke should expect a form dive thanks to me

Don't like Quinney, will be captain soon because of that but I think he's going to join the scrap heap of endless batsmen since the great 5 retired, out of all the ones sent back I hope Uzi becomes something, had a great technique to bore bowlers to death but could still smash a **** ball into oblivion, very good test style technique

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6