2nd Test Aust v India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To make a point, everyone wanted to fire Ponting who wasn't batting any worse than Clarke at the time

Personally captains total or not, id have waited till after tea to declare

Surely they bowl them out within 2 days

Going hard at it for an hour would have been sensational. I would have been happier if he got out at 329

I think he preferred the red ink Byso. I thought he could have done a Tubby and declared when he reached 334. Must admit I though he might have a crack at it for an hour or so and see if he could get the 380 - 400. In a round about way maybe he is trying to prove a point, see I'm not selfish, once Huss got his milestone we are out of here. No doubt the PR department of Michael Clark Inc discussed this issue at length last night.

They'll bowl them out by tea tomorrow and he'll regret not seeing what could have been achieved.

Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity lost.

Don't bet on them being bowled out by tea tomorrow. Pitch is obviously a belter now and they do have a bit of experience in that batting line up. We might yet see Tendulkars 100th century, which he could quite easily turn into a double or triple. Maybe another Dravid / VVS all day effort is in the wind. I'll be interested to see if Lyon has what it takes to bowl us to a win.

What the **** is the point of Haddin in this team? Regulation catch gone begging and insanely out of form, it isn't the first one he did this series which is pathetic for an international

Put a burning t in his front yard

Time to leave

Not the 1st time Clarke has given up chasing Lara

Are these commentators serious at times ? Unbelievable some of the stuff I hear from some of them. India have to bat another 2 days in this test and I hear them bagging the batsmen for batting time and being not out rather than going for runs

one step forward then two back for you shane

Haddin is in dicey ground but calling for a clan style witch hunt? I do not even know where to start with that one

Kiwi have to agree with you the commentary seems to be getting worse and worse. Healy is an out and out joke

Another one lsz is the Chappell witchhunt on Gambhir since innings 1 of the series. Even today when came out and was 30* quickly Chappell was moaning because he was practicing his shot after he played it. He seems to have a thing for Kahn as well

Its actually a south park reference but if you want to twist it into something malicious that is your business,in the episode those with a burning t on their lawn know it means "time to leave" and people dressed up in bed sheets

Obviously its a clan pisstake, but you can't play the racecard when the bloke is white

Maybe that pathetic term in the other thread made you sensitive,i didn't like that either if you had read

The best way to deal with it is not give it the time of day

Shane the issue i have (and this is my issue not yours) that you make some decent points which, even though i do not want to agree with them, i agree with...and then you go and make a lame reference like that

Anyhow back to the cricket!

Kiwi they are just to parochial - after the drubbing we got last summer they seem to have gone into full aussie aussie oi oi mode

Kiwi Eagle said:
Not the 1st time Clarke has given up chasing Lara

Are these commentators serious at times ? Unbelievable some of the stuff I hear from some of them. India have to bat another 2 days in this test and I hear them bagging the batsmen for batting time and being not out rather than going for runs

Thankfully I have spent the majority of this test match away from a TV so I have been listening to it on the radio. So much better. It's such a shame that there is that delay between the TV pictures and the radio commentary that prevents you listening to the ABC and watching the TV.

I am constantly astounded that Tony Greig keeps getting wheeled out every year. He is the worst commentator by the length of the straight, he doesn't even watch what is actually happening just rambles on. I'm concerned that he may have early onset dementia he is that bad.

byso said:
They'll bowl them out by tea tomorrow and he'll regret not seeing what could have been achieved.

Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity lost.

With the way the weather is looking in Sydney today, who know where the Test is going to go now.

If the rain holds off, a cool and cloudy day after a night of rain could help our bowlers.

But if it rains alot of the day, then there will be limited time to bowl India out.

No rain on radar, just cloud which should mean swing.

I see his comments about wanting the support of the public, why say this he's just drawing attention to why people don't warm to him.

Say nothing and get on with it, if he went hard at the record for the hour and got out going for it he would of been at legend status IMO

I have to say it, Pattinson, what a wanker lol

Would love india to put up a real fight today and set up an intriguing final day, but I start back playing tomorrow so couldn't watch anyway haha

Would like to watch a couple of sessions of Tendulkar

I love Bill Lawry lsz, he is parochial, but a genuine cricket fan to go with it that loves watching good cricket no matter who the player.

lsz said:
Shane the issue i have (and this is my issue not yours) that you make some decent points which, even though i do not want to agree with them, i agree with...and then you go and make a lame reference like that

Anyhow back to the cricket!

Kiwi they are just to parochial - after the drubbing we got last summer they seem to have gone into full aussie aussie oi oi mode

In hindsight Clarke probably wished he stayed in and chased the 400, but he was right to be conservative. Really Tendulkar should be kicking himself for getting out to a part timer, and it took a real peach to get rid of VVS. Once those two went it was like they lost interest, but Aussies bowled well with the new ball. Was thinking it may have been a nasty little 150 run chase on the last day if Sachin and Laxman had held on for another session or two.

There is one thing I don't get though, and that's the MS Dhoni myth. Has this guy ever got a score against us ? Great short form player, but I've can't remember him ever hurting us in a Test. How is he Captain and how is there not a better keeper batsman in a country of 1 billion fanatical cricketers ? He averages under 40 doesn't he, which is unheard of for a keeper batsman in the modern game.

Couple of big questions on the minds of selectors.

1) Will Lyon join the scrapheap of Aussie finger spinners ? His returns since his debut have been poor, and he really did nothing today. How long do they persevere with him ? Does he go the way of Krejza, Doherty, Hauritz and Beer. You can throw in a handful of wristys that have been binned as well since Warney.
2) How do you justify Mitchell Johnson returning to this side ? Consider we have Harris and Cummins in the wings, as well as Starc, Bollinger, Copeland. Johnson is a mercurial talent, but more cold then hot of late.

India were never going to bat out the 2 days or get the Aussies to bat again.

Haddin should go, his keeping is ordinary and batting isn't good enough.

Johnson shouldn't come back, doesn't make the batsmen play enough.

Lyon can go. We need a decent leggy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8