2nd Spot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You'll find, Kiwi Eagle, that this scenario was mooted in a thread 2-3 weeks ago, with Souffs having such a tough draw and finishing out of the top two, replaced by us. Modesty does not prevent me from claiming this prediction, particularly as I get so few right.
As the last line of the old thread says: Souffs are just like Humpty Dumpty . . . about to have a great fall.

bones said:
Ralphie said:
Melbourne have hit form and I would be more confident that they will snatch 2nd ahead of us. Souths will have Inglis & Sutton back to play us next weekend and will be desperate to get back on track. If we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend.

As I said, all this talk of 2nd is way premature and inviting a slide down the table.

You saying ''if we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow, we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend" is just as presumptuous as those saying we can grab second spot. But I guess yours is ok because it's negative?

Bones, my point was that our season is delicately poised. We could just as easily drop out of the top 4 as get into the top 2. The Forum is currently reading like a bunch of souffs supporters, we are the August Premiers right now.

Ralphie said:
bones said:
Ralphie said:
Melbourne have hit form and I would be more confident that they will snatch 2nd ahead of us. Souths will have Inglis & Sutton back to play us next weekend and will be desperate to get back on track. If we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend.

As I said, all this talk of 2nd is way premature and inviting a slide down the table.

You saying ''if we don't beat the Warriors tomorrow, we may well be out of the top 4 by the end of next weekend" is just as presumptuous as those saying we can grab second spot. But I guess yours is ok because it's negative?

Bones, my point was that our season is delicately poised. We could just as easily drop out of the top 4 as get into the top 2. The Forum is currently reading like a bunch of souffs supporters, we are the August Premiers right now.

Really ? I have seen very few people saying we are going to win the whole thing and I read most threads

I do remember a certain poster saying he wouldnt back us to win more than 3 of those last 5 games though

I doubt whether Sutton will be back next weekend. Hasn't he got a small fracture in his ankle? Inglis perhaps, although he might be kept for the following weekend. And from what I saw last night I wouldn't say Melbourne are certainties to leapfrog over us if we win tomorrow. I think we can them at Brookvale. All good, but concentrate on Sundays game and then plan for the next. On the downside, is Lawrence giving away to many penalties of late?

Ralphie said:
bones said:
Ralphie said:

Heading into this round, Manly were in 3rd place with a three point break over the 5th placed team. How this means our season is delicately poised is beyond me.

Dan said:
Garts said:
Souths were always going to lose tonight. Might as well have thrown your cash in the bin with that bet.

... $2 ill live...somehow

I am sure you will Dan. But still does not change the point, should have just chucked it in the bin or given it to some Qld bum on the street up there to go towards his next drink.

bones said:

Some people just don't get the Manly culture - the secret behind our success.

Negativity is fear of challenge, fear of what reality could dish out.

Manly's culture has always been to thrive on challenge, and to welcome any misfortune as just another opportunity to excel against the odds.

Garts said:
Dan said:
Garts said:
Souths were always going to lose tonight. Might as well have thrown your cash in the bin with that bet.

I am sure you will Dan. But still does not change the point, should have just chucked it in the bin or given it to some Qld bum on the street up there to go towards his next drink.

Completely disagree it made me interested in a game that I otherwise had little interest in

Dan said:
Garts said:
Dan said:
Garts said:

Completely disagree it made me interested in a game that I otherwise had little interest in

Should have put it on the Storm then. Would have had the same result in being interested in the game but with a win for you. Although betting on them to win is just not right though. So fair enough.

Dan said:
Garts said:
Dan said:
Garts said:

Yeah, I had $2 on this thread.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
Garts said:
Dan said:
Garts said:

Yeah, I had $2 on this thread.

Oh come on....that was hilarious!

:cool::D

Garts said:
should have just chucked it in the bin or given it to some Qld bum on the street up there to go towards his next drink.

That is just not true.

They dont have streets up there in Hervey Bay.

Mybludog said:
I doubt us talking about where we finish on the ladder will have any actual bearing on it

I think we've probably got 1 loss in us

Souths next week or Raiders in Canberra

I beg to differ. The missus kept me late for watching the game (10mins) and I can't remember a game in the last few years I have not watched live either at the ground or on TV right from the start. Due to us being late I didn't get a chance to put on my Manly guernsey or cap, and I didn't put them on until just after half time. As soon as I had on my usual attire Manly kicked up a gear and looked a lot better team. Coincidence? I think not!!

So what are you saying.............

You didn't wear your jersey to the game and then didn't put it on till after half time.

Aren't you proud to wear our colours ???????

He's proud of the colours, MBD, it's just that complex tasks like donning a cap take him 40 minutes.
(Everyone has different abilities, don't forget!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7