25000 members is it doable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a firm believer in introducing ONE additional member to the club per year, and have done so for the past 5-6 years.

In fact, Chuckwood both faxed and sent in the internal Bank mail MY first membership.

A club this size can't do it all, nor does it have the people power, but if EACH one of us members showed other fans the benefits, and got them to sign up per year, membership would grow exponentially.

More than one would also be great :)

. . . and what is the NRL doing to help our club boost membership numbers? Nothing that I can read.
In my opinion the only way to increase membership is for more games to be played on a Sunday afternoon at Brookie, but by selling out to a TV network the opposite will continue to happen.

That is more than doubling our current membership. A tough ask but not impossible.

I will be buying my Dad a membership for Christmas so there is my new member contribution for next year sorted.

We really need seats to sell at Brookie to build our membership - while you can casually roll up a nd get a 'seat' on the hill or the breanches on game day does not encourage the 'floaters' to buy the membership packages.

In other words we need more cash to redevelop otherwise it will be ahrd to get to the 25K membership base - a real catch 22

Well when this ARLC get 20,000 to every game, I dont know where we are gunna put them

Manly fans need to procreate more in the offseason and have 7 or 8 children.

Then the club can offer 10 year memberships for $3k and the govt can pay the baby bonus direct to the club. Should double our membership in no time

The Manly area simple does not have enough Manly fans to record that growth. Ultimately at least half i would presume will need to be from other areas and out of towners to achieve that number. In order to attract those new members , there has to be incentive. Not everyone believes in membership for the club. So what would attract them from parramatta,the gong, brisbane and the GC

The fixed draw will help as out of town membership for 3 games that included accom at the travelodge, and a private pre game function at the leagues as well as a few players meet and greet might get some more. Offer a coach membership that includes a bus from parramatta return stopping at various locations may get another 50 or 100. Remember the membership will reflect the cost of the additional services so if they don't turn up after paying Manly doesn't lose

Also what about a $20 dollar membership that is just a certificate to hang over the bar saying you have contributed saying i support manly with my wallet and add another 50 for a personalized message from you favorite player.

What about a birthday kids membership where 4 times a year they have a massive kids party for the 4 - 10 yo as part of the membership

Having just 5 or 6 memberships just doesn't suit everyone, and if people are not buying what you are selling , get something else

Set up a system like the airlines have with seat selection and offer split memberships and split corporates

The fixed schedule offers many more options for travelers, both within Sydney and further and from what i have seen manly have fans everywhere except for manly it seems. They have to get on board , take a few chances and stop doing the same old

Book a bus, book a train, book a plane but get them there and give them what they want and what they are prepared to pay for. I used to work for a printing company and we would sell anything. Like my pen, ill sell it to you, like the trimmer, its for sale, Like my steel ruler, we can sell it and get more but if someone gets there wallet out, sell them something

As a whole footy fans see merchandise as the biggest rip off since NZ was selling cans of air, so essentially you have to get people emotionally attached, drunk or both to earn a living off that. Get people there and get them involved or you are not giving people what they really want. People that have given anonymously to a team for years all want to be involved but don't know how. And it doesn't have to cost 500 to sit in a dugout.

Get some surveys out there, get them everywhere

I get the feeling that each club will be given kpi's to get grants from the league eventually.
For example :
Promotion of juniors (players doing coaching clinics and club doing other things)
Growth of brand both here and internationally
Crowd numbers etc

Just brainstorming to generate interest in membership and 3-6 games passes but how about

Manly Baby Bonus
1)All babies under 1 and registered with Manly(with proof of Birth) are entitled to 1yr free general admission membership at 8.

2) All children between 2-7yrs and registered with Manly(with proof of Birth) at the age of 8 get a free 6 game pass.

The above helps with attracting interest at a young age on top of vital info for Marketing such as Birthdays and location of young supporters etc. Might even generate some media interest before the season starts due to the unique idea.

Each first home game of the season newly inducted 1st year free membership kids either get to be on the field during run on or meet the players after the game.

Yes the above can be abused by families that might not even support the club but it's all about generating interest so who really cares. Not saying this will amount to much but all ideas added together can help.

I'm just thinking along the lines of the old CBA money box scam to kids at school, get them interested in your product at a young age and hopefully keep them long term.

Agree with Wheel the key is seating, they know that and so do we, it's why so many other cluster have more than we do

Bear in mind the NRL are introducing rules that dictate who does and doesn't qualify as a Member. Unfortunately free or heavily discounted memberships no longer qualify, hence our changes to Next Generation.

Larissa said:
Bear in mind the NRL are introducing rules that dictate who does and doesn't qualify as a Member. Unfortunately free or heavily discounted memberships no longer qualify, hence our changes to Next Generation.

I agree with these changes though as I have always felt that free memberships, pet memberships etc should not be counted. We need real numbers to get a better idea as to who are ticketed members, and who are not.

Souths have been dodging the system for ages. Watch their numbers drop now they are not counting the free memberships.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6