• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

smithy

Reserve Grader
Didnt make it in time for the NYC game but a 28 all draw sounds like an entertaining game. Anyone have any insight into who played well? We have been much improved the last 5 weeks and with a large number backing up next year it looks positive for 2017.

We are 2 wins 2 losses and a draw from the last 5, as opposed to 1 win through the first 19 rounds. We put 52 on a Newcastle team that were in the top 8 beat the Warriors also and lost 24-10 to a parramatta team that were running second.

Well that was a resounding response!

Game,set, match.

Young Tom Wright was outstanding. Played fullback and is a natural five eighth. I'd like to see the boy get a chance next year.

Meanwhile we have some average performers in our backline in firsts. Fulton brought this kid to Manly and we have him I think for another two years so I hope Barrett is wise enough to get him into firsts as quick as possible next year. I would think initially on the wing, but I also see Green as a temporary 5/8 and hope young Wright develops into what I think he will be, and certainly one to take a lot of pressure off DCE.

Manly are certainly weak this year in the lower grades. But there is some exceptional talent hidden in that disappointment. Tom Wright is one, The two Hopoate boys, Jamil and Sione (and maybe Albert) are two others, Knight is another and Parker looks the goods. Then there's Bainbridge who hopefully takes the next step up in his efforts. Cust? Maybe in a year or two there will be the next two Trbojevics coming through the juniors.

These kids will help Manly return to the top echelon in a year or two, if the Penns are wise enough to hod onto them.

I think the fact that Blake Green has only been signed for 2 years gives us a bit of insight. We've got some great young raw talent but like it or not it's going to take time. These young guys have to do their apprenticeship just like the Stewarts, Foran and Watmough.
I just hope the club is harmonious enough to get the very best out of them as a team.

I saw the game. Down 16-0 after 13 minutes and 22-12 at half time. They showed lots of fight to get a draw.Young Tom Wright was outstanding. Played fullback and is a natural five eighth. I'd like to see the boy get a chance next year.
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7