1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Possible Team?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Dicko, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    With all the drama going on, I thought to myself, what would the Manly team look like in 2018. After thinking about it for a while, I came up with this team. Thoughts??

1. T.Trbojevic
    2. P.Hiku
    3. C.Blair
    4. J.Taufua
    5. C.Gutherson
    6. K.Foran (VC)
    7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
    8. J.Starling
    9. J.Hodges
    10. B.Lawrence
    11. J.Buhrer
    12. T.Symonds
    13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
    14. J.Trbojevic
    15. T.Andrews/U.Baker/M.Chee Kam
    16. J.Sene-Lefao
    17. L.Sao

With the likes of Delaney, Knight, Mirceski, Nicholls etc running NSW Cup.

2. Kevinward777

Kevinward777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,240 / 31
    Handy looking side.

3. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,251 / 131
    By 2018 I would hope that Jake T would be a starting prop in front of Starling

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    By 2018, Starling would of played more NRL than J Trbojevic and would have more experience, and hopefully would of become more of a impact player, where Jake T would still have his training wheels on.

5. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    I'd rather have taufua on the wing and hiku centre but hiku drops back for kicks or takes the wing position when defending our line incase of cross field bombs

6. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    Yeah agreed, it's just Taufua is weak under the bomb, and if trained right, can become another Matai type with strong powerful runs, also Taufua started out as a centre at Parramatta.

7. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,251 / 131
    Jake T will be on the fg bench next year and then a starting prop in 2016 and 2017.

He will be one of the best props in the comp by 2018 and if he is not better than Starling by 2016 he should give the game away.

8. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    I wouldn't underestimate Starling, he was solid for us in 2014, he's only going to get better IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pjayz

pjayz Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,336 / 51
    Starling doesn't have a 10th of the talent of Jake. Starling won't be with Manly in 2018.

10. tookey

Ratings:
    +4,251 / 131
    Jake has the potential to be our Matt Scott whereas Starling will only ever be a honest toiler.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Its only Lawrence and Jake are the 2 best props there. The rest you can throw a blanket over
    [hr]
    Nicholls has left and Jake is the best there, the rest are rubbish. Jake and Lawrence should be the 2 starting props

12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    For mine, BJ will be interesting. He turns 30 on 29 December but he was a late starter. Will he still be around in 2018?

I'd change that team slightly and go with Gutho at FB, Peta and Blair in the centres with Turbo Tom and Jorge on the wings (though by then Jorge might have made the switch to the back row). I'd also have Foz and Cherry as co-captains if they are still in maroon and white.

I'm also a bit of a fan of moving Jack Littlejohn to hooker. I think he has the skills to do it, the only problem might be his size. Hookers aren't usually 6'2".

Their ages by 2018 are in italics

FB - Gutho 24
    WG - Turbo Tom 22
    CE - Peta 26
    CE - Blair 26
    WG - Jorge 27
    FE - Foz (co-captain) 28
    HB - Cherry (co-captain) 29
    PR - Jake T 24
    HK - Hodges 25 / JLJ 27
    PR - Star 28
    SR - T-Red 29
    SR - JSL 28
    LK - JamieB 28

Res - Lui 28
    Res - Chee Kam 26
    Res - BJ 33
    Res - Hoppa Mk.III 24

Who would be the goal kicker - Cherry or Gutho?

13. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    DCE will be at Broncos, Foz at Roosters, The Turbos will be dogs, Guth will be Parra and Hiku back at Warriors because Kent,Hooper,Rothtool, Ritchie, Proscuto, Becky and the rest of the assclown brigade will have told me so ad nauseum between now and 2018.

14. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Rugby they are bigger than that, Cameron Smith is, but Litterlejohn doesn't have the toughness for a hooker / forward or the defence. Some of these guys might not be around either. You can play Hoppa as hooker as well as he used to play there and he does have the skills.

15. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    What happen to Zach Nicholls??? I thought he had great potential.

16. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    He has gone to another club, I think its the Roosters

17. Dicko

Dicko Known Member

NSW, Australia
    Ratings:
    +32 / 7
    That's a damn shame, Nicholls and Littlejohn would of made a good NSW Cup pairing IMO.

18. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    True, but not many thought Matty Ballin would have the toughness to play regular first grade (Des even had Heath L'Estrange as his backup on the bench for a year or two) and look what happened there. If not for Scam Smith Matty would have been the Qld and possibly Kangaroos regular hooker by now. JLJ can also play in the centres or at fullback (someone was right, we have got fullbacks coming out of our ears)

I didn't know Hoppa Mk.III could play hooker as well, but at this stage I'd say Hodges, provided he is still at Manly, has the inside running on the spot when Matty hangs up the boots.

19. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    It is a shame Nicholls came over from Norths before Manly. There will be a lot more leaving throughout all the grades.

20. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    What about Hoppa Mk4 John Jnr?