2018 Possible Team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dicko

With all the drama going on, I thought to myself, what would the Manly team look like in 2018. After thinking about it for a while, I came up with this team. Thoughts??

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. T.Andrews/U.Baker/M.Chee Kam
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

With the likes of Delaney, Knight, Mirceski, Nicholls etc running NSW Cup.

Dicko said:
With all the drama going on, I thought to myself, what would the Manly team look like in 2018. After thinking about it for a while, I came up with this team. Thoughts??

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

Handy looking side.

tookey said:
By 2018 I would hope that Jake T would be a starting prop in front of Starling

By 2018, Starling would of played more NRL than J Trbojevic and would have more experience, and hopefully would of become more of a impact player, where Jake T would still have his training wheels on.

I'd rather have taufua on the wing and hiku centre but hiku drops back for kicks or takes the wing position when defending our line incase of cross field bombs

Sillybus said:
I'd rather have taufua on the wing and hiku centre but hiku drops back for kicks or takes the wing position when defending our line incase of cross field bombs

Yeah agreed, it's just Taufua is weak under the bomb, and if trained right, can become another Matai type with strong powerful runs, also Taufua started out as a centre at Parramatta.

Dicko said:
tookey said:

By 2018, Starling would of played more NRL than J Trbojevic and would have more experience, and hopefully would of become more of a impact player, where Jake T would still have his training wheels on.

Jake T will be on the fg bench next year and then a starting prop in 2016 and 2017.

He will be one of the best props in the comp by 2018 and if he is not better than Starling by 2016 he should give the game away.

tookey said:
Dicko said:
tookey said:

Jake T will be on the fg bench next year and then a starting prop in 2016 and 2017.

He will be one of the best props in the comp by 2018 and if he is not better than Starling by 2016 he should give the game away.

I wouldn't underestimate Starling, he was solid for us in 2014, he's only going to get better IMO.

Dicko said:
tookey said:

Starling doesn't have a 10th of the talent of Jake. Starling won't be with Manly in 2018.

pjayz said:
Dicko said:
tookey said:

Starling doesn't have a 10th of the talent of Jake. Starling won't be with Manly in 2018.

Its only Lawrence and Jake are the 2 best props there. The rest you can throw a blanket over

Dicko said:

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

Nicholls has left and Jake is the best there, the rest are rubbish. Jake and Lawrence should be the 2 starting props

For mine, BJ will be interesting. He turns 30 on 29 December but he was a late starter. Will he still be around in 2018?

I'd change that team slightly and go with Gutho at FB, Peta and Blair in the centres with Turbo Tom and Jorge on the wings (though by then Jorge might have made the switch to the back row). I'd also have Foz and Cherry as co-captains if they are still in maroon and white.

I'm also a bit of a fan of moving Jack Littlejohn to hooker. I think he has the skills to do it, the only problem might be his size. Hookers aren't usually 6'2".

Their ages by 2018 are in italics

FB - Gutho 24
WG - Turbo Tom 22
CE - Peta 26
CE - Blair 26
WG - Jorge 27
FE - Foz (co-captain) 28
HB - Cherry (co-captain) 29
PR - Jake T 24
HK - Hodges 25 / JLJ 27
PR - Star 28
SR - T-Red 29
SR - JSL 28
LK - JamieB 28

Res - Lui 28
Res - Chee Kam 26
Res - BJ 33
Res - Hoppa Mk.III 24

Who would be the goal kicker - Cherry or Gutho?

DCE will be at Broncos, Foz at Roosters, The Turbos will be dogs, Guth will be Parra and Hiku back at Warriors because Kent,Hooper,Rothtool, Ritchie, Proscuto, Becky and the rest of the assclown brigade will have told me so ad nauseum between now and 2018.

HoldenV8 said:
For mine, BJ will be interesting. He turns 30 on 29 December but he was a late starter. Will he still be around in 2018?

I'd change that team slightly and go with Gutho at FB, Peta and Blair in the centres with Turbo Tom and Jorge on the wings (though by then Jorge might have made the switch to the back row). I'd also have Foz and Cherry as co-captains if they are still in maroon and white.

I'm also a bit of a fan of moving Jack Littlejohn to hooker. I think he has the skills to do it, the only problem might be his size. Hookers aren't usually 6'2".

Their ages by 2018 are in italics

FB - Gutho 24
WG - Turbo Tom 22
CE - Peta 26
CE - Blair 26
WG - Jorge 27
FE - Foz (co-captain) 28
HB - Cherry (co-captain) 29
PR - Jake T 24
HK - Hodges 25 / JLJ 27
PR - Star 28
SR - T-Red 29
SR - JSL 28
LK - JamieB 28

Res - Lui 28
Res - Chee Kam 26
Res - BJ 33
Res - Hoppa Mk.III 24

Who would be the goal kicker - Cherry or Gutho?

Rugby they are bigger than that, Cameron Smith is, but Litterlejohn doesn't have the toughness for a hooker / forward or the defence. Some of these guys might not be around either. You can play Hoppa as hooker as well as he used to play there and he does have the skills.

Harry said:
pjayz said:
Dicko said:
tookey said:

Its only Lawrence and Jake are the 2 best props there. The rest you can throw a blanket over

Dicko said:

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

Nicholls has left and Jake is the best there, the rest are rubbish. Jake and Lawrence should be the 2 starting props

What happen to Zach Nicholls??? I thought he had great potential.

Dicko said:
Harry said:
pjayz said:
Dicko said:
tookey said:

Dicko said:

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

He has gone to another club, I think its the Roosters

Harry said:
Dicko said:
Harry said:
pjayz said:
Dicko said:

Dicko said:

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

That's a damn shame, Nicholls and Littlejohn would of made a good NSW Cup pairing IMO.

Harry said:
Rugby they are bigger than that, Cameron Smith is, but Litterlejohn doesn't have the toughness for a hooker / forward or the defence. Some of these guys might not be around either. You can play Hoppa as hooker as well as he used to play there and he does have the skills.

True, but not many thought Matty Ballin would have the toughness to play regular first grade (Des even had Heath L'Estrange as his backup on the bench for a year or two) and look what happened there. If not for Scam Smith Matty would have been the Qld and possibly Kangaroos regular hooker by now. JLJ can also play in the centres or at fullback (someone was right, we have got fullbacks coming out of our ears)

I didn't know Hoppa Mk.III could play hooker as well, but at this stage I'd say Hodges, provided he is still at Manly, has the inside running on the spot when Matty hangs up the boots.

Dicko said:
Harry said:
Dicko said:
Harry said:
pjayz said:

Dicko said:

1. T.Trbojevic
2. P.Hiku
3. C.Blair
4. J.Taufua
5. C.Gutherson
6. K.Foran (VC)
7. D.Cherry-Evans (C)
8. J.Starling
9. J.Hodges
10. B.Lawrence
11. J.Buhrer
12. T.Symonds
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
16. J.Sene-Lefao
17. L.Sao

That's a damn shame, Nicholls and Littlejohn would of made a good NSW Cup pairing IMO.

It is a shame Nicholls came over from Norths before Manly. There will be a lot more leaving throughout all the grades.

HoldenV8 said:
Harry said:

True, but not many thought Matty Ballin would have the toughness to play regular first grade (Des even had Heath L'Estrange as his backup on the bench for a year or two) and look what happened there. If not for Scam Smith Matty would have been the Qld and possibly Kangaroos regular hooker by now. JLJ can also play in the centres or at fullback (someone was right, we have got fullbacks coming out of our ears)

I didn't know Hoppa Mk.III could play hooker as well, but at this stage I'd say Hodges, provided he is still at Manly, has the inside running on the spot when Matty hangs up the boots.

What about Hoppa Mk4 John Jnr?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4