2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Next season:
lets hope that the Matt Parcell, DCE, Blake Green & Tom Turbo spine gets it together and really fires next season ...
that Skivvy is injury free (all season),..
Walker shows that he is a world class centre,...
Horhay learns how to get his feet off the ground and catch the ball to enhance his awesome hit-ups,...
Myles comes good and becomes a great mentor to the young guns coming through ....
that the young guns coming through (Hopoate, AFB, W Meehan & S Lane), take on board Jakes killer defense & Darcy and Marty's go forward & aggression without giving away dumb penalties ....
if we get another winger he is awesome i.e. big fast can catch & tackle ...
Jamie Buhrer, Api & Lewis Brown become awesome bench players ...
whoever kicks has at least a 75% success rate

And I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.......

Similar rumour was going around before season kick off this year.Manly wanted to off load Buhrer to Newcastle was the word around town

If they swap him for Uate, that would just about do me , I'd be tempted to head off in the caravan , cancel Foxtel, throw the phone away and hibernate until this **** goes away.

Ferris isn't the greatest player in the game , but he's Manly through and through and you cannot suggest he's anything but 110% committed.

I see Joey lussick was listed as the beacon hill trainer. Is he still at easts? He was a gun junior half who went to parra with Darcy, then moved to easts. Wonder if he still has it, and will crop up and manly?

If they swap him for Uate, that would just about do me , I'd be tempted to head off in the caravan , cancel Foxtel, throw the phone away and hibernate until this **** goes away.

Ferris isn't the greatest player in the game , but he's Manly through and through and you cannot suggest he's anything but 110% committed.

Mate luckily enough Ferris is rated very highly by the coach, I know they are looking at the possibility of Jamie/Jake as co captains next year, so he'll be here.

Yeah I think he's the type of player every club needs.He won't be going anywhere now,he's done enough this yr to be next captain

I just hope this uate chat is way off base, we should be going all out for ottio who is stuck In Mounties behind canberras gun threequarter line. Uate is gunshy, no confidence, old and will not scale close to the heights he once did. Ottio is all upside.

i have no idea what our recruitment is upto. And I'm starting to think neither do they.

Similar rumour was going around before season kick off this year.Manly wanted to off load Buhrer to Newcastle was the word around town

That was true : I spoke to Knights coach Brown and they were talking to Buhrer : but they wanted him cheap: "not much money to spend "

@Wheel thinks we may sign a Centre, Prop, Backrower on top of Lane, Green & Wright.

That said, if we are signing a centre, that doesn't sound positive for Matai :( If we DID get those signings Wheel suggests, along with Wright, Lane and Green, we'd have one of the best rosters in the NRL.

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brayden Wiliame
02. Jorge Taufua / Brad Parker
03. Dean Whare / Matthew Wright
04. Dylan Walker /
05. Jonathan Wright / Tom Wright
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Jake Trbojevic / Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau / Lewis Brown
12. Matt Gillet / Frank Winterstein
13. Jamie Buhrer / Jamil Hopoate

14. Nate Myles / Daniel Vasek
15. Sam Moa / Johnny Walker
16. Addin Fanua-Blake / Moses Noovao-McGreal
17. Shaun Lane / Billy Bainbridge

If that NSW Cup team doesn't finish top 4, Willow's job has to go. In my opinion, that's a top 4 team next year - both of them.
If we manage to field that 17 in 2017 i would be very happy. That team should definitely be top 8. Very competitive.

What a surprise people,Matt Gillett has re-signed with the Broncos.Time for some to stop thinking Bozo will deliver the guns.

Begrudgingly agree, there is minimal on the open market for next year now of any note, so unless it's another Taupau job, where they are released to come in 2017, there won't be much more excitement in regards to signings upcoming.

I'd suggest the Thoroughbreds must have found another 2 million somewhere.

Donkeys get who they want, the Salary Cap is irrelevant when you have unlimited TPA's.

It's time for the NRL to limit the $$$ to a maximum amount per side , otherwise why bother with a cap at all!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4