2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi Guys,

There has been alot of talk regarding players signing with Manly for 2017 and beyond. Obviously with the amount of players we have shed some signings need to follow.
I have heard we are after players such as Green, Gillette, Moa, Uate, Mead, Whare, Hiku.
Are any of these players actually close to putting pen to paper or are they just rumours?
I believe we have quite a few positions to fill for next year. Surely the club must now know that players like Williame, Wright, Brown and Myles do not belong in our starting 17.

Give me your thoughts on the signings and is there any players I have missed?

2017 line up
1.Turbo
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Matai (need good cover player will be out half the season)
5. ??? new signing
6. ??? new signing
7. One million doller dud
8. Lussick
9. Parcell ( not sure if we can win a premiership with him there)
10. ??? signing
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Trbojevic
14. ??? new signing
15. ??? new signing
16. Fonua Blake
17. Meehan

18. Api
19. Lane
20. Myles

101. Williame
You win this years award for most question marks. Idiot

giphy.gif

Hi Guys,

There has been alot of talk regarding players signing with Manly for 2017 and beyond. Obviously with the amount of players we have shed some signings need to follow.
I have heard we are after players such as Green, Gillette, Moa, Uate, Mead, Whare, Hiku.
Are any of these players actually close to putting pen to paper or are they just rumours?
I believe we have quite a few positions to fill for next year. Surely the club must now know that players like Williame, Wright, Brown and Myles do not belong in our starting 17.

Give me your thoughts on the signings and is there any players I have missed?

2017 line up
1.Turbo
2. Tafua
3. Walker
4. Matai (need good cover player will be out half the season)
5. ??? new signing
6. ??? new signing
7. One million doller dud
8. Lussick
9. Parcell ( not sure if we can win a premiership with him there)
10. ??? signing
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Trbojevic
14. ??? new signing
15. ??? new signing
16. Fonua Blake
17. Meehan

18. Api
19. Lane
20. Myles

101. Williame
Yes, we are closing in on Gillett but could slip at any moment... Green is on his way but is yet to be officially anounced. For prop (#10) we will have Addin Fonua Blake meaning either Jamil Hopoate or Shaun Lane can come onto bench. If Gillett is indeed signed then Buhrer will take up the 14 and Brenton Lawrence will take up the 15 (maybe swap him with AFB who's been phenominal for us this year). Parcell is a future origin hooker and will easily be able to lead us to a premiership, the lack of time on the field due to injuries has hidden his talent somewhat however while he was on the field he brought the best out of dce who's had an extremely hard year with one of the worst injury tolls to key players in our history followed by a brand new team, a need for him to step up and become one of our senior players due to the other senior players being out injured and most importantly the fact that he only had a real 5/8 for like 6 or so games when Lyon was playing there and in those games he was sensational for us. Blake Green plays a similar style to Jamie Lyon and i did a post about how their combination will work, feel free to check it out if you want. I believe depth, as you said with Matai's injuries, is especially important for the backs next year seeing that we have enough in the forwards.

Believe Moa is a chance as well but not clear at the moment as to whether we really are going after him, hope we are.

Yes, we are closing in on Gillett but could slip at any moment... Green is on his way but is yet to be officially anounced. For prop (#10) we will have Addin Fonua Blake meaning either Jamil Hopoate or Shaun Lane can come onto bench. If Gillett is indeed signed then Buhrer will take up the 14 and Brenton Lawrence will take up the 15 (maybe swap him with AFB who's been phenominal for us this year). Parcell is a future origin hooker and will easily be able to lead us to a premiership, the lack of time on the field due to injuries has hidden his talent somewhat however while he was on the field he brought the best out of dce who's had an extremely hard year with one of the worst injury tolls to key players in our history followed by a brand new team, a need for him to step up and become one of our senior players due to the other senior players being out injured and most importantly the fact that he only had a real 5/8 for like 6 or so games when Lyon was playing there and in those games he was sensational for us. Blake Green plays a similar style to Jamie Lyon and i did a post about how their combination will work, feel free to check it out if you want. I believe depth, as you said with Matai's injuries, is especially important for the backs next year seeing that we have enough in the forwards.
Are you turbo ?????????????????

Next season:
lets hope that the Matt Parcell, DCE, Blake Green & Tom Turbo spine gets it together and really fires next season ...
that Skivvy is injury free (all season),..
Walker shows that he is a world class centre,...
Horhay learns how to get his feet off the ground and catch the ball to enhance his awesome hit-ups,...
Myles comes good and becomes a great mentor to the young guns coming through ....
that the young guns coming through (Hopoate, AFB, W Meehan & S Lane), take on board Jakes killer defense & Darcy and Marty's go forward & aggression without giving away dumb penalties ....
if we get another winger he is awesome i.e. big fast can catch & tackle ...
Jamie Buhrer, Api & Lewis Brown become awesome bench players ...
whoever kicks has at least a 75% success rate

bring on next season

@Wheel thinks we may sign a Centre, Prop, Backrower on top of Lane, Green & Wright.

That said, if we are signing a centre, that doesn't sound positive for Matai :( If we DID get those signings Wheel suggests, along with Wright, Lane and Green, we'd have one of the best rosters in the NRL.

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brayden Wiliame
02. Jorge Taufua / Brad Parker
03. Dean Whare / Matthew Wright
04. Dylan Walker /
05. Jonathan Wright / Tom Wright
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Jake Trbojevic / Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau / Lewis Brown
12. Matt Gillet / Frank Winterstein
13. Jamie Buhrer / Jamil Hopoate

14. Nate Myles / Daniel Vasek
15. Sam Moa / Johnny Walker
16. Addin Fanua-Blake / Moses Noovao-McGreal
17. Shaun Lane / Billy Bainbridge

If that NSW Cup team doesn't finish top 4, Willow's job has to go. In my opinion, that's a top 4 team next year - both of them.

Moa for Knight ??
Knight was poor, Moa is old... Both negatives but Moa can bring the positives and with the way knight was throughout the season this year I doubt it, may come back to bite us though and we'll just point to one man.. Bozo.

@Wheel thinks we may sign a Centre, Prop, Backrower on top of Lane, Green & Wright.

That said, if we are signing a centre, that doesn't sound positive for Matai :( If we DID get those signings Wheel suggests, along with Wright, Lane and Green, we'd have one of the best rosters in the NRL.

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brayden Wiliame
02. Jorge Taufua / Brad Parker
03. Dean Whare / Matthew Wright
04. Dylan Walker /
05. Jonathan Wright / Tom Wright
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Jake Trbojevic / Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau / Lewis Brown
12. Matt Gillet / Frank Winterstein
13. Jamie Buhrer / Jamil Hopoate

14. Nate Myles / Daniel Vasek
15. Sam Moa / Johnny Walker
16. Addin Fanua-Blake / Moses Noovao-McGreal
17. Shaun Lane / Billy Bainbridge

If that NSW Cup team doesn't finish top 4, Willow's job has to go. In my opinion, that's a top 4 team next year - both of them.
Jonny walker was let go 6 weeks ago

So we have a MANLY EX REP player in swapsies for Uate according to the terrorgraph

So,Myles and Brown are the only ones i can think of,although Taufua is possibly fitting that bill,as is Matai but i doubt that

Anyway,for next year since our glorious coach is an EX 5/8 possibly he could teach Walker how to play the position? If we don't have Green that is

What a cluster**** this club has become,first they botch the DCE signing when he was already agreed to terms then changed the terms at a whim losing upward of $300k in cap space because they want the bloke who'd already left mentally mid year,if not earlier

Now we **** the Turbo's around? How much cap do we want 3 players to devour between them? Give them what they are actually worth,or at least within 10% of it with your first ****ing bid

Also while im at it,how did Nate Myles captain the team before DCE? Can a vote of no confidence be waged against the owners? Surely they're stretching the goodwill to breaking point

Similar rumour was going around before season kick off this year.Manly wanted to off load Buhrer to Newcastle was the word around town

Rumour was it being a swap for Lawrence a few weeks back. Apparently Newcastle weren't overly keen though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6