2017 forwards looking good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
to be honest Bozo has been copping some abuse lately , but , let's call a spade a spade

Meehan will dominate knight
Statistically, Myles ranked slightly better this year than starling according to NRL stats

8 Darcy Luscick
9 Parcell/Buhrer/korosaiu
10 Afb ( he is a handful , makes meters at will .... Well done Bozo )
11 Martin Tapau
12 Jamie Buhrer / Shaun Lane / Jamil Hopoate
13 Jake Turbo

14 Korosaiu/Buhrer/Parcell
15 Bretton Lawrence
16 Willis Meehan
17 Nate Myles / Shaun Lane / Jamil Hopoate

18 Winterstein/ Shaun Lane/Jamil Hopoate

There is some depth here boys :) with plenty of combinations

There is light at the end of the tunnel

I'll admit Meehan looks like he should excell in the NRL he's only played 1 game thus far, and still hasn't been approved by the NRL yet, ditto Hoppa. I'd like to see Fulton sign a few proven established players that are allowed in the NRL for sure.

Does anyone have any footage of Meehan playing footy.. All I can find his boxing highlights or interviews

to be honest Bozo has been copping some abuse lately , but , let's call a spade a spade

Meehan will dominate knight
Statistically, Myles ranked slightly better this year than starling according to NRL stats

8 Darcy Luscick
9 Parcell/Buhrer/korosaiu
10 Afb ( he is a handful , makes meters at will .... Well done Bozo )
11 Martin Tapau
12 Jamie Buhrer / Shaun Lane / Jamil Hopoate
13 Jake Turbo

14 Korosaiu/Buhrer/Parcell
15 Bretton Lawrence
16 Willis Meehan
17 Nate Myles / Shaun Lane / Jamil Hopoate

18 Winterstein/ Shaun Lane/Jamil Hopoate

There is some depth here boys :) with plenty of combinations

There is light at the end of the tunnel
Meehan can't play the minutes knight does .nowhere near he a poorer version of vave .as about 15 min per half in him and misses heaps of tackles fact.

Meehan can't play the minutes knight does .nowhere near he a poorer version of vave .as about 15 min per half in him and misses heaps of tackles fact.

Maybe its not all about minutes

maybe its about how much impact he makes in his limited time on the park

He may bend the line more than Knight

or maybe the comparison should be between Shaun Lane and Knight

Lane = 1.98 cm 115 kgs
Knight = 1.91 cm 106kgs
Meehan = 1.95 cm 115 kgs

When it comes to Knight.. maybe he was asking too much money considering the roosters were chasing him

Last edited:
Maybe at the moment; however, I can't see him getting the wraps he did at the Roosters if he wasn't performing far better a couple of years back.

The point being, with a full pre-season under his belt and another half season in Intrust, he might find the form that had him labelled the next big thing.

Turbo doesn't have the ball playing, or the endurance to play Lock. He needs to play prop, and have an occasional pass in him.

With no Gillett coming, I'd actually go:

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Addin Fanua-Blake
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. XXXXXXXXXX
17. XXXXXXXXXX

I just hope 16 & 17 aren't Brown and Myles. We need toughness, passion, skill - and I don't see any of that in these two products of Dan Ferris.

Turbo doesn't have the ball playing, or the endurance to play Lock. He needs to play prop, and have an occasional pass in him.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Addin Fanua-Blake
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. XXXXXXXXXX
17. XXXXXXXXXX

I just hope 16 & 17 aren't Brown and Myles. We need toughness, passion, skill - and I don't see any of that in these two products of Dan Ferris.
I disagree, Jake has been sensational at lock for us this year and doesn't have the style of a prop like that of Lussick and AFB, Buhrer is my second row with lane an impact player off the bench along with Jamil Hopoate, Willis Meehan and Myles joining him on the bench (Hopoate and Meehan may need some more time before making the 17, but i think they'll do fine). Another situation could be if we did indeed sign either Sam Moa, Manu Mau or Paul Vaughan (either one of them, together or just two) the forwards/bench line-up would change to...

8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua Blake
11. Marty Tapau
12. Jamie Buhrer / Manu Mau (if signed)
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Jamil Hopoate / Sam Moa (if signed)
15. Willis Meehan
16. Shaun Lane
17. Nate Myles / Paul Vaughan (if signed) / Brenton Lawrence

I agree with the far majority of you guys here, there is some real potential in our forward pack,, and I have always been a huge fan of Jamie Buhrer. I hate to be a killjoy on one point though....I have zero faith in the current coaching set-up led by Barrett and Cartwright. I don't have any faith in their ability to develop the younger guys, or motivate the established guys. I would be relieved to see Barrett and Co. gone. Apologies for my negativity as, I like what most of you are saying.

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Addin Fanua-Blake
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. XXXXXXXXXX
17. XXXXXXXXXX

Surely Lane is a depth signing only (though I admit I haven't seen him play since the Dogs).
Hopefully he will surprise me, Lussick did, so there is hope I suppose!

I agree with some of what you lot are saying, but you're putting a lot of trust in a bunch of blokes who've really done nothing in first grade. And in all likelihood twenty will stick with Myles and Brown, so there's two immediate duds running (very slowly and laboriously) out for us each week.
I love the thought of Afb and Lussick up front every game, but outside of those two our props are not impressive.
Marty at 11 is great and Jake does real well at 13, but we really needed someone like gillet at 12.

Meehan's last NSW cup match
He played 29 minutes 1st half and 28 second half. With a full pre- season he will go even better because his playing weight this year was 131 kg
; but will be around 125 kg for 2017 kick off.

I agree with some of what you lot are saying, but you're putting a lot of trust in a bunch of blokes who've really done nothing in first grade. And in all likelihood twenty will stick with Myles and Brown, so there's two immediate duds running (very slowly and laboriously) out for us each week.
I love the thought of Afb and Lussick up front every game, but outside of those two our props are not impressive.
Marty at 11 is great and Jake does real well at 13, but we really needed someone like gillet at 12.
Enter Jamil Hopoate - hopefully. @Hgbcds has seen him a number of times and has wraps on him, so I think that is a positive sign of things to come.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6