• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, we need a couple of big and aggressive fowards. That's a given.
But our once star-studden backline needs an injection of youth and speed.
Last night we had our 'best' backline. Easts were missing Pearce, Jennings and Kenny-D. Yet they blitzed us.
In my opinion the only player in our backline that has performed consistently well this season is Jorge. Father time has caught up with our two great centres.
We must get Tom Turbo into the backline next season. Hopefully Gutherson also lives up to his promise. Snake is one of our greats, but has he got two more seasons left at his top? I doubt it.
I'm also hopeful that 'Epoxy' Barrett will bring some spark to the backline. Joey Johns certainly hasn't!

Who knows. 2016 could bring an unexpected Manly premiership. Could be a fantastic year.
Let's not death ride it yet.
Burhrer, Gutherson back on board. Tom.T and Snake must both play every week. 2016 is full of possibilities.

Tommy T just has to make the top side next year, we can't afford to leave him out any longer. At least give him a go for a decent stint to see if he can handle it on regular basis. He looks the most exciting attacking propsect we have at the club, pity he will only get a shot on the wing unless there are injuries.

Brett Stewart
Jorge Taufua
Steve Matai
Peta Hiku
Tom Trebojevic
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry Evans
Jake Trebojevic
Matt Ballin
Nate Myles
Tom Symonds
Lewis Brown
Jamie Buhrer

Apisai Korisau
Brenton Lawrence
Josh Starling
Jesse Sene-Lefao

Can't see how that side will miss the 8

One part of me is certain we'll win the comp next year simply because Hasson will be gone. Then I realise we are still a big powerful enforcer short of a forward pack and no one left to recruit. Next season we will be a fringe 8 team.

Brett Stewart
Jorge Taufua
Steve Matai
Peta Hiku
Tom Trebojevic
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry Evans
Jake Trebojevic
Matt Ballin
Nate Myles
Tom Symonds
Lewis Brown
Jamie Buhrer

Apisai Korisau
Brenton Lawrence
Josh Starling
Jesse Sene-Lefao

I think Matai and Lyon will see more time on the sideline next season being a year older (Lyon's absence this year really cost us, so hopefully we have a better 'plan B' or better depth in that area). :question:

I trust guys like Stewart and Taufua can still get the job done.:heavycheck:

Treboojevic's - all class. :heavycheck:

Matt Ballin seems to hit season ending injuries at the wrong times (but we will be covered with Api, so all good).:heavycheck:

Our prop rotation is still questionable. We gain Myles (which adds confidence/experience to our front row stock), but we lose size/agression with Mason's absence, and Brenton being out for a whole season - reminds me of Jamie King and Faa'oso (for Parra) in that they both lost a step coming back, and became more injury prone.:question:

Who is our 5/8th next year:question:

So, I'm still thinking we may miss the 8 next season, but would so LOVE LOVE to be wrong.

Last edited:
Firstly, Id like to know when our 5/8 is going to be announced, we have ten players who can fill in but no first grade 5/8.
Hen maybe ill make predictions about how we will go next year.

We haven't replaced Foran. One of the best 5/8 in the game. Yeah, he was off for the first half, but he was easily one of our best for every game of that late surge. We can be all annoyed and upset he is leaving, but honestly, we will miss him next year, and putting Lyon or an outside back wont even come close to having a firing foran out there.

2016 can only be considered a " gap year", this is based on the players currently signed and those that are not part of the 14.

No one knows how the interchange rule change will affect the game, probably not much in 2016 but if they drop it to 6 ( is that happening in 2017) then it will, and teams with a big bunch of boppers that can't play many minutes will become out of vogue.

However, I think every team needs a big dominant forward , the likes of Graham, Maria, Bromwich , and that's something we don't have.

As far as a 5/8 is concerned it will be just " whomever " next year , perhaps with the hope that there's some development of the under 20's options.

I see us doing about the same in 2016 8th -10th.

Any better will be a bonus.

I think the reality is that with our ageing backline Gutho and tommy turbo will get plenty of game time. Snake, killer and skivvi I would imagine will all have a few games off next year with a niggle or two.

I think Matai and Lyon will see more time on the sideline next season being a year older (Lyon's absence this year really cost us, so hopefully we have a better 'plan B' or better depth in that area). :question:

I trust guys like Stewart and Taufua can still get the job done.:heavycheck:

Treboojevic's - all class. :heavycheck:

Matt Ballin seems to hit season ending injuries at the wrong times (but we will be covered with Api, so all good).:heavycheck:

Our prop rotation is still questionable. We gain Myles (which adds confidence/experience to our front row stock), but we lose size/agression with Mason's absence, and Brenton being out for a whole season - reminds me of Jamie King and Faa'oso (for Parra) in that they both lost a step coming back, and became more injury prone.:question:

Who is our 5/8th next year:question:

So, I'm still thinking we may miss the 8 next season, but would so LOVE LOVE to be wrong.

5/8 options are Lyon, Tom, wright or Mateo and the outsiders are Peta and gutho. Personally I would like to see Pearsell play 5/8 ahead of wright in the future.

Brett Stewart
Jorge Taufua
Steve Matai
Peta Hiku
Tom Trebojevic
Jamie Lyon
Daly Cherry Evans
Jake Trebojevic
Matt Ballin
Nate Myles
Tom Symonds
Lewis Brown
Jamie Buhrer

Apisai Korisau
Brenton Lawrence
Josh Starling
Jesse Sene-Lefao

I'd be very surprised if Lussick is playing reserve grade mate. Also, Meteo has been promised a job next season, and Burgess will still be here.

Barrett likes the Koroisou / Brown combo.

We did a double lot this year to ensure there'd be none next year.:D

Maybe Penn is out of rubber bands in his office, and this is the next cheapest thing - demand the players snap their ACL's and cruciates and donate them to him.

I wouldn't be surprised.

We won't be making the 8 next year if people think brown myles lussick and api are solutions to our problems then you are looking at a different team to me!!

We lack intimidation in our forwards and have become the laughing stock of other clubs!!

If we equal 9th next year I would count that as a good year!!

TB will be gone by seasons end

One part of me is certain we'll win the comp next year simply because Hasson will be gone. Then I realise we are still a big powerful enforcer short of a forward pack and no one left to recruit. Next season we will be a fringe 8 team.
Hassooooon will be a hard man to replace. We will have to scour the ranks of Parramatta's 4th tier feeder club in an effort to find someone that slow, that stupid, and that penalty prone. It's hard to find such a combination of such talent in a single player these days.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6