2016 Top 25 Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Hey guys, now that 2015 has finally been taken of life support I though we should look towards 2016. While I don't think we will be a special to win the competition from the start I believe we will be in a better position than we were this year. Below is what I think our first 17 and top 25 will look like:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. C. Gutherson
4. S. Matai
5. P. Hiku
6. J. Lyon
7. D. Cherry-Evans
8. J. Trbojevic
9. A. Koroisau
10. N. Miles
11. J. Buhrer
12. L. Brown
13. F. Mateo

14. D. Lussick
15. B. Lawrence
16. J. Starling
17. A. Demetriou

18. M. Ballin
19. T. Trbojevic
20. T. Symonds
21. B. Leary
22. J. Sene-Lefao
23. T. Moltzen
24. M. Parcell
25. L. Burgess

I've probably missed someone but I think that just about covers it. Looking at the team list above I still feel we are short a big impact prop and don't have terrific depth in the backline to cover injuries to be a true contender in 2016.

Hopefully the combination of Jake, Lussick and Miles will get the work done up front to allow DCE to show his class with our still potent backline.

I still feel that Matty is our best option as starting hooker, however due to injury I doubt he will start week one. I would see Koroisau coming off the bench either side of halftime and just before fulltime in place for a tired forward.

I think the player to watch in 2016 will be Demetriou! This kid is going to be a wrecking ball playing on the edge of the ruck. He leads the U20s in 2015 in tackle busts by a significant margin. He is a nugget of a player who get very good leg drive. I see him as a future starting lock.

Manly 2016
1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Hiku
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Lyon
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Myles
9.Koroisau
10.Trbojevic
11.Mateo
12.Symonds
13.Buhrer

14.Parcell
15.Lussick
16.Brown
17.Lawrence

18.Starling
19.Gutherson
20.Leary
21.Ballin
22.Sene Lefao
23.Docker
24.Satini
25.Burgess
Moltzen
Demetriou
Knight
Pearsell
Green
Wright
Walker
Bainbridge
Parker
Raimen

I was thinking about this yesterday, Ballin won't be hooker as much as everybody wants him to because Barret has decided to use Parcell and Koroisau ahead of him. I also think burgess is worth keeping for depth and Demetriou, Lawrence and starling to battle for the number 17.

And I don't wish to dampen on the parade but compare that side to the full strength Rorters outfit and tell me how much we are going to improve on in 2016 compared to where the market leaders are now??

I'm not being pesimistic , just realistic, we are in the " twilight zone " until our young guns come through, our oldies retire , and our cheque book is open to snavel a couple of the games current superstars.

2016-2017, about where we are now, maybe bottom of the top 8.

2018 and beyond, in the lap of the gods.

And I don't wish to dampen on the parade but compare that side to the full strength Rorters outfit and tell me how much we are going to improve on in 2016 compared to where the market leaders are now??

I'm not being pesimistic , just realistic, we are in the " twilight zone " until our young guns come through, our oldies retire , and our cheque book is open to snavel a couple of the games current superstars.

I completely agree Mark. It would help if the Penn family were to arrange some TPAs to bring in some big guns so we can compete with the unlimited salary cap of the likes of the Rorters. I think the resigning of Snake, no matter how much it makes me happy to see him stay withanly, is only delaying the recovery of this great club.

I completely agree Mark. It would help if the Penn family were to arrange some TPAs to bring in some big guns so we can compete with the unlimited salary cap of the likes of the Rorters. I think the resigning of Snake, no matter how much it makes me happy to see him stay withanly, is only delaying the recovery of this great club.

Agree with this, don't want them to have to leave before their time but it's generation next that will take us forward and whilst ever the old guard is still around generation next won't be getting much of a go!

Agree with this, don't want them to have to leave before their time but it's generation next that will take us forward and whilst ever the old guard is still around generation next won't be getting much of a go!

When Beaver moved on the process was seemless. I strongly suspect that this is because he knew he was on the decline and had the future biting at his heels. He never thought he was bigger than the club and moved on gracefully. I suspect that Jamie will do something similar at the end of next season but I think he will be the only one.

When Beaver moved on the process was seemless. I strongly suspect that this is because he knew he was on the decline and had the future biting at his heels. He never thought he was bigger than the club and moved on gracefully. I suspect that Jamie will do something similar at the end of next season but I think he will be the only one.

Let's face facts, Skivvy and Killer are being overtaken by the next generation , fitter, faster, and some with more skills.

I'm not in ANY way denigrating them, they are both absolute pillars of the club and have been for 10 years, but we probably can't really move forward with them and Snake still here.

Would have loved to see them all announce that 2016 was their last year, and that they wanted to stay just oneire year to provide the training and culture to generation next.

Only time will tell.

Let's face facts, Skivvy and Killer are being overtaken by the next generation , fitter, faster, and some with more skills.

I'm not in ANY way denigrating them, they are both absolute pillars of the club and have been for 10 years, but we probably can't really move forward with them and Snake still here.

Would have loved to see them all announce that 2016 was their last year, and that they wanted to stay just oneire year to provide the training and culture to generation next.

Only time will tell.

I can possibly see Killer and Skivvy doing this. Time will tell as their bodies are bearly keeping together at this point. Snake will stay on til the end of 2017. I can live with that as it's the loss of three massive leaders over a two year period rather than all at once.

I can possibly see Killer and Skivvy doing this. Time will tell as their bodies are bearly keeping together at this point. Snake will stay on til the end of 2017. I can live with that as it's the loss of three massive leaders over a two year period rather than all at once.

We also assume that Ballin will either move on or not play FG again??

So it will be like the 3 Muskateers for a while.

We also assume that Ballin will either move on or not play FG again??

So it will be like the 3 Muskateers for a while.

I'd like to see Ballin stay as the 9 moving forward. He has a tremendous workrate which will ease the burden on the forwards with less interchange. Plus his service is sublime. We should roll with an impact hooker off the bench like with did when we had Le Strange. Sadly I suspect the injury has done him in unless Koroisau is awful to start the year.

Snake and Skivvy are the only two players likely to cause discontent. I can't see Matty or Killer rocking the boat.

That is not a fair comparison, that Roosters side is too good. You could compare them to almost any side in the last 10 years and they would beat them. It is almost nightmarish how talented that squad is.

They are the best side I have seen since the 2007-2008 Melbourne and Manly sides.

I am not saying we are going to win the comp but don't compare us to the Roosters and say we are ruined and they we shouldn't even bother trying.

The squad above is capable of playing finals footy
My biggest question is what style will TB bring to this squad . as it's been quoted that Toov,s style is easily contained and is in the past
So in saying that what kind of footy will be playing as it's TB first year in coaching in the top grade could determine whether we play finals footy

The squad above is capable of playing finals footy
My biggest question is what style will TB bring to this squad . as it's been quoted that Toov,s style is easily contained and is in the past
So in saying that what kind of footy will be playing as it's TB first year in coaching in the top grade could determine whether we play finals footy
I'd assume two hookers so the defence has to be ready for constant scoots from dummy half. Speed out of dummy half even if it's just a half scoot before giving it to DCE should in theory enliven our attack. We've been a bit boring and predictable until it gets out the backs. I'd like to see more spontenaeity out of DH whilst still being able to pass cleanly.

We have always looked woeful against team that had fast hooker (think about what Granville did to us). It will be nice to be that team for once.

People also need to remember that even though Matai and Snake etc are here till 2017 - we now have a coach who is not loyal them at all. He is in a situation where he needs to win. So if any of the older guys aren't cutting, I'd hope he has the balls to drop and promote the youth waiting in the wings. Ditto even for guys like Hiku.

I'd assume two hookers so the defence has to be ready for constant scoots from dummy half. Speed out of dummy half even if it's just a half scoot before giving it to DCE should in theory enliven our attack. We've been a bit boring and predictable until it gets out the backs. I'd like to see more spontenaeity out of DH whilst still being able to pass cleanly.

We have always looked woeful against team that had fast hooker (think about what Granville did to us). It will be nice to be that team for once.

People also need to remember that even though Matai and Snake etc are here till 2017 - we now have a coach who is not loyal them at all. He is in a situation where he needs to win. So if any of the older guys aren't cutting, I'd hope he has the balls to drop and promote the youth waiting in the wings. Ditto even for guys like Hiku.
Barrett has no balls

Otherwise Nathan Brown would've copped a number of uppercuts

Well we won't have to worry about losing many players to rep sides next year. Myles to qld
Hiku would play for the kiwis but I heard the test match has been canned.
Turbo's are a year off SOO and I think city country is gone anyway.
DCE is out of favour in qld.

So unless someone like Buhrer or Lawrence has a blinder start we should be consistent with our combinations once TB figures out his top 17.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4