2016 Off Contract Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dicko

Personally I think 2017 is the year where the squad is finalised in terms of who should and shouldn't be apart of it, it's also the year in which our balance between depth and dead weight is sorted.

With that in mind here is the off contact players in 2016 and the players in which I think should be resigned:

J.Buhrer (Resign 3 Years)
L.Burgess
A.Demetriou (Resign 3 Years)
F.Goodall
N.Green
J.Hodges
I.John
L.Knight (Resign 3 Years)
B.Lawrence
B.Leary (Resign 2 Years)
J.Lyon (Retire)
F.Mateo
T.Moltzen
T.Satini
J.Starling (Resign 2 Years)
T.Symonds (Resign 3 Years)
J.Taufua (Resign 3 Years)
S.Vave
B.Williame

Last edited:
I personally would wait and see how Buher, Leary and Sumonds perform this year as a guide to wether they should be resigned.
I would resign Knight ASAP and Taufua aslong as he ain't asking to much

Personally I think 2017 is the year where the squad is finalised in terms of who should and shouldn't be apart of it, it's also the year in which our balance between depth and dead weight is sorted.

With that in mind here is the off contact players in 2016 and the players in which I think should be resigned:

L.Burgess
F.Goodall
N.Green
J.Hodges
I.John
B.Lawrence
B.Leary (Resign 2 Years)
J.Lyon (Retire)
T.Moltzen
T.Satini
S.Vave
B.Williame
Good post, I think that's accurate. Symonds, Taufua and Leary No!!!

I personally would wait and see how Buher, Leary and Sumonds perform this year as a guide to wether they should be resigned.
I would resign Knight ASAP and Taufua aslong as he ain't asking to much

I think Leary is worth re-signing anyway as a depth player who comes into the squad to cover injuries. Because his asking price really won't be much and I doubt many people will be after him.

If take a wait and see approach with Buhrer. He needs to show he can stay healthy. He could stand to lose a few which might help the stress on the knees.

Out of all those players Leary is the only definite keeper. Although Buhrer and Starling if they can stay injury free should be offered new contracts.
If Leary has an uninterrupted season with injury I think he could be a starting player each week.

Only change I'd make would be to resign BJ pending his return from injury. People forget that not so long again he was our no.1 prop. If he can bounce back will be a very good impact prop off the bench.

L.Burgess
A.Demetriou (Resign 3 Years)
F.Goodall
N.Green
J.Hodges
I.John
B.Lawrence
B.Leary (Resign 2 Years)
J.Lyon (Retire)
F.Mateo
T.Moltzen
T.Satini
S.Vave
B.Williame

These players resigning for 3 years, are they allowed to play elsewhere before they come back?

I guess thei're just isn't enough room under the cap these days to keep them all

Knight, Leary, maybe Burhrer and maybe Taufua are the ones I think that'll re-sign... Everyone else I doubt. 'Baz' and 'Bozo' want new players, and to get new players they have to rid of players. Sad but don't forget they realased JSL, Gutherson so they could get Taupau so I trust whoever they don't want will be the right thing.

P.S If they are going offer any of them a 3yr deal it will ONLY be Knight.

Last edited:
It's difficult to speculate now which players should be re-signed and who should be let go for 2017. Who knows how they will perform in 2016 under a new coach. Some who we least expect could have a strong season and others who we most expect may not.

Best to revisit this mid next year.

Resign Tafua for sure he was awesome this year, Buhrer iffy, knight 4 years if he doesn't leave for roosters, Leary resign aswell

@Dicko bloke were did ya get that Vaves is still with us in 2016? i'm really hoping your right bye the way. i still see more potential in vaves at manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7