2016 NRL Grand Final - Sharks v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I didn't watch the 2012 GF, hated De$ for what he did and can't stand the Storm.

2016 is pretty similar really, without the Panthers or Raiders that would have been the "other crowd favourites" who the **** do you go for?

I'll watch the game, dont really care who wins or loses, we laugh at the Sharks but in some respect it would be " good" for them to get the monkey off their back.

But the stats point to a Purple Scamville victory, with Scam himself probably being Clive Churchill winner after creating the least enthralling game in recent years and shutting it down to win 14-10 with 20 minutes to go, aided by the refs with a 7-1 penalty count in the second half.

Boring as bat **** AND we have to suffer Freddy Fitler!!!

How y'all doin goobers?

Ref's have been named.

Cecchin and cummings to stuff up officiate the GF.

Storm put in a whinge about cecchin missing the conversion spot but archer closed his ranks and said everyone was at fault.

I read today that after the storm scored....scum smith ran out of his way to shoulder charge croker in the back.

I assume smith can still play in the decider. - lol of course he can, the untouchable clean skin immortal to be!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/me...r/news-story/ea0dd5a7dea4b6bb8c56c77d8c7ca889

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Great reserve grade teams, even the benches

What happens after extra time In this year's GF? I'm thinking it's gonna be 16- all After 90 mInutes. Do the Sharks have another mid week replay to look forward to ? Wouldn't that be hilarious. They'll lose the replay of course to a Scam field goal.

I didn't watch the 2012 GF, hated De$ for what he did and can't stand the Storm.

2016 is pretty similar really ... who the **** do you go for?

This is what I don't understand - how the sharks are now somehow comparable to the storm or even worse for many on here.

2012 is the first time I didn't watch the GF since I was a kid on holidays in 1990. Both options were just so terrible - cheating-belligerent-playing-the-victim-since-2010 storm v coached-by-des-who-was-backed-by-greenburg-to-breach-his-contract-with-manly dogs. 2014 was similar but by then dogs were back to normal levels of hate and souffs were excruciating but at least we got them the year before.

The way I see it, nothing has changed at Melbourne under Bellamy and Smith, while I just can't see how anything the sharks have done deserves 2012 bulldogs level deathriding (although they do have Ben EBC Barba so there is that).

Sure a Sharks premiership would be annoying - but kind of along the lines of the 2010 dragons, 2014 bunnies and even the cows last year getting various species (and ages) of monkeys off their backs.

Peptides you say? Lets be honest, if Dank had done to us what he did to the sharks (and it's a miracle he didn't) we would be quite rightly feeling we had earned some redemption had we made the GF so soon afterwards.

Any win for the grubby as ever but increasingly smug (who would have thought that was even possible?) Smith still makes me feel sick.

I will definitely be watching but unfortunately I expect a purple scum win.

Come on sharks! Save us all (Paul Gallen in particular) from another captain smug victory speech and I will begrudgingly be happy for you and the end of our empty trophy cabinet jibes.

@Brookie Brawler and others
Manly has put in a lot of hard work over the decades to make the sharks our little biatches when it counts (& when it doesn't count). Seeing their 50 year drought break just because we weren't there in the semis to take care of business would be very disappointing. Every year that another team is made to wait for a premiership adds value to the ones that we have won every decade since the 70's.

Add to that over riding factor a current shark's team that contains some class A pratts - Gallen, Ennis, Fafita, Bird, Barba, a surly tosser of a coach along with the most annoying and regularly coiffured bouffant in the NRL (Townsend), and it becomes a non event for many of us.

Despite the Storm's list of 'crimes', they stand with us on the winners side of the NRL spectrum and this outweighs my dislike for the pretenders from Sutherland. It is an easy choice for me. I am not supporting the Storm, I am just expecting them to take care of business and ensure that the double L in Cronulla retains its significance.

Fair points @Bradza and some consolation for me to hang on to if the purple scum do win it, but I look forward to joining you to celebrate Melbourne's 50th consecutive year without a premiership in 2062!

Speaking of Storms, you ok over there in SA @HoldenV8 ??

Well.......

A lightning strike hit the Torrens Island transformer at 3:48 pm today. Where I am in the southern suburbs of Adelaide power only came back on at 10:11 pm, though in some places the power was out for only about 3 hours.

The WHOLE STATE went without power.

The powers that be were warned that cost cutting measures (i.e. the closure of the Pt Augusta and Pt Pirie power stations) would see something like this, but they wouldn't have any of it claiming that there were safeguards in place.

Storm: 1
State: 0

An omen for Sunday maybe?

Fair points @Bradza and some consolation for me to hang on to if the purple scum do win it, but I look forward to joining you to celebrate Melbourne's 50th consecutive year without a premiership in 2062!
Nup. There is no excuse for supporting the scum. Hope you're prediction is right BB.
I'll be 97 then BTW.

I have lived in the shire since 1980 so certainly favour the Sharks over Storm. I'm really proud of myself as I have refrained from says to any hyped up Sharks supporter "well they have a chance as Sea Eagles not there, remember 73 and 78?" no I just said all the best mate.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Cooper Cronk getting smashed in the nose.. It can't get any worse.

It is a freaky nose.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4