2016 Milestones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just having a look through the clubs records and there are some milestones that (barring injury or suspension) should be achieved in 2016.

* Brett Stewart needs just 17 games to move past Graham Eadie's 237 and move to 8th on the list of most games for the club (this would obviously also give him the club record for games played at fullback). He needs just 18 to move past Geoff Toovey's total of 238 and 21 games to move past Fred Jones' total of 241.

* Snake again, he only needs 3 tries to pass Terry Lamb's total of 164 and move to 5th on the league's all time list. He only needs 4 tries to pass Andrew Ettingshausen (165) and move to 4th outright. He needs 11 to pass Billy Slater (currently on 172) into 3rd behind Ken Irvine and Steve Menzies, though as Slater is still playing that might prove more difficult in 2016.

* Jamie Lyon needs just 19 goals to move pass Bob Batty's total of 501 first grade goals for the club and move to 2nd outright on the list behind Graham Eadie's 847 goals. Killer also only needs just 6 points to bring up 1,300 points scored for Manly.

* Daly Cherry-Evans needs 2 field goals to pass Matthew Ridge's 11 career FG's with Manly and move to 4th on the clubs all time list behind Bob Fulton (57), Dennis Ward (30) and Bob Batty (18).

* Darcy Lussick needs 19 games to bring up his 50th game for the club. He also needs to play 16 games to bring up his 100th NRL game.

* Josh Starling needs 11 games to bring up his 50 for the club and 4 to bring up his 50th NRL game.

* Tom Symonds needs 15 games to bring up his 100th NRL appearance.

* Jorge Taufua needs 18 games to bring up his 100th for the club and 100th NRL game.

* Steve Matai needs 11 tries to bring up his 100th for the club and in the NRL.

Are they the official records?
I heard the Penns have made their own list of club records. Zorba has now played the most games, and has also scored the most tries, goals and field goals for Manly. And Geoff Toovey has now never played for Manly at all.

Last edited:
Funny story regarding Zorba that I read the other day.

Back in a 2013 interview, former Cronulla coach Tommy Bishop claimed that during the 1973 GF, referee Keith Page threatened to take Zorba out the back of the SCG and "sort him out" after he allegedly called Page a cheat during one of the times all 26 players were cautioned.

I guess Page really was in a strange mood that day. Any other time and Zorba would have got his marching orders if he called the ref a cheat. Given that it was a GF that we ultimately won by only 3 points I guess its a good thing that he didn't get sent off (what a story that would have made though, the ref belting the daylights out of him after the game lol).

And I believe they are the official records.

Yes I think I had read about the cheat comment (probably read it in article #11,564 written by ZtH about the '73 GF as part of his ongoing Operation BIG NOTE), but not Page's reaction.

Are they the official records?
I heard the Penns have made their own list of club records. Zorba has now played the most games, and has also scored the most tries, goals and field goals for Manly. And Geoff Toovey has now never played for Manly.

He is our champion pie eater. He has eaten 4897 pies st Brookvale and will bring up 5000 mid season.

pie1.jpg

Photo from the upcoming press conference when the milestone is reached.

Yes. I'm on holidays and bored.

Here's one 2016 milestone in the bag - first bluebottle sting! Quick dip this arvo and I'm peeling them off my legs. Bastards!

Here's one 2016 milestone in the bag - first bluebottle sting! Quick dip this arvo and I'm peeling them off my legs. Bastards!
Hey Mate remember you're not a True Aussie until you have been stung by the Blueys..... Keep the ice on and spray some Stingose

Hey Mate remember you're not a True Aussie until you have been stung by the Blueys..... Keep the ice on and spray some Stingose
My method is suck it up. Got stung at Queenscliff one time by about 5 at once that had wrapped themselves all around me, so I had to get out and peel them off one by one. After that a couple on the leg is barely noticeable. Was just the itch and redness that alerted me.

I think Snake is on 222 games so technically he only needs 16 game to pass Wombat. He'll be jockeying with Skivvi on overall position in the top ten because he is on 222 games as well.

Also not sure on Killer's points total, I make it 1288 (81 T, 482 G). Jamie also needs 23 games to join the NRL 300 club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6