2016 Halves Choice Merged Mega-Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'day all, So we sign this Elgey kid at base rate to give him a shot and then he goes on to become the next big thing, anyone think he's not going to do the same thing and want a massive upgrade as well?He may very well turn out to be better than DCE,then again he may not and its back to the drawing board again.Whether we like it or not top halves command the big dollars and personally speaking I think management has backed the wrong horse.Lets face it Foran is favoured because he's aligned with the old guard and with certain elements determined to exact revenge against those who are perceived to have brought about the demise of the power of that group.With all due respect to that group who have done tremendous things for our club eventually it has to come to an end and now its time for a changing of the guard and with the promising youngsters coming through,maybe another quality forward and DCE we could look forward to continued success.Why take a risk on an unproven if we already have a quality player just coming into his prime?
cheers mike

G'day all, So we sign this Elgey kid at base rate to give him a shot and then he goes on to become the next big thing, anyone think he's not going to do the same thing and want a massive upgrade as well?He may very well turn out to be better than DCE,then again he may not and its back to the drawing board again.Whether we like it or not top halves command the big dollars and personally speaking I think management has backed the wrong horse.Lets face it Foran is favoured because he's aligned with the old guard and with certain elements determined to exact revenge against those who are perceived to have brought about the demise of the power of that group.With all due respect to that group who have done tremendous things for our club eventually it has to come to an end and now its time for a changing of the guard and with the promising youngsters coming through,maybe another quality forward and DCE we could look forward to continued success.Why take a risk on an unproven if we already have a quality player just coming into his prime?
cheers mike
G'day Mike

In 2011 we took a chance on an unwanted, unknown & untested half back & we all know how that turned out.

Who's to say it wouldnt happen again.

Noooooooooooooooooo

it's one one was a race horse

two two was one two

one one won one race

two two won one two!

At least that's how my awesome uncle Geoff taught me (rip)

lol, you may be drinking but your typing is still better than Dan's!!!!

edit: I'm with you! Go Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Too'
Lol

I don't care what happens as long as we don't sign Sezer; he is rubbish.

I'd much prefer young talent be developed than get someone else's rubbish. If you lose DCE and Foran, you have to replace them with players that are just as good to remain strong. Players that good are not on the market, so you're better off saving the money, investing it in the forwards (that need bolstering) and concentrate on unearthing the next DCE or the next Foran.

We're betting spending nothing then paying overs for crap.

If you Google Elgey he has a great highlights package on YouTube , it's is however NYC and as we know defence doesn't enter much into that competition.

But he does have a good skill set

I wonder if Foz will announce tomorrow that he is officially leaving for the eels.
He'll look like an even bigger sook/killjoy if he does. I think he is petrified of announcing it because of DCE's backlash so he is going to cat it as long as he can. And if Parra go on a losing streak his decision will look worse than DCE's. Especially as he has crapped on about growing as a footballer when we all know he's full of **** and just wants a boatload of coin...

DCE played well last night .... Yep. He did that a few times last year as well. You guys are really fickle. A week ago you hated him just about everyone on here agreed with the clubs position to withdraw the offer to him and agreed we should let him go and keep Foran. Now it is the opposite and from all the comments you are pretty much gay for him ..... WTF? What if he has a bad /ordinary game next week? No wonder no one at the club would listen to a thing that is written on this forum ..... **** me dead.

DCE played well last night .... Yep. He did that a few times last year as well. You guys are really fickle. A week ago you hated him just about everyone on here agreed with the clubs position to withdraw the offer to him and agreed we should let him go and keep Foran. Now it is the opposite and from all the comments you are pretty much gay for him ..... WTF? What if he has a bad /ordinary game next week? No wonder no one at the club would listen to a thing that is written on this forum ..... **** me dead.
And why players should never thank fans openly.

I am one of the few that am very dirty on DCE for leaving..... I was always hoping we kepted both , but that was never going to happen.... So I preferred DCE over foz...... As it turns out we missed him. I understand it's a business , I was of the thinking we could push on and keep strong if we could keep foz, but I have seen the light... I sincerely hope the club try and have a crack at keeping DCE at the club and let foz go, after watching him the other night I was shattered knowing he was off elsewhere as a half like doesn't come around very often.

Regardless if we want him, he'll take the bigger money, remember he's a Gen Y
If people tend to be a product of their environment does that not mean the past generations attitudes have moulded the present.

Certain generations protecting house prices and the abuse of negative gearing on top of every other stimulus to help the housing market Ponzi Scheme along more than any other sector seems like a past generation all about money side also.

Might be more a reflection of the past than the present lol just saying.

If you Google Elgey he has a great highlights package on YouTube , it's is however NYC and as we know defence doesn't enter much into that competition.

But he does have a good skill set

Mark you can google a lot of highlights on You tube on players but it never shows their deficiencies i.e Aaron Groom.

Problem is no one will compare to either of them. They are the best pairing in comp, and yes joe ****ing Kelly has ended with duck egg zero nothing corporate dickhead.
We produced both these kids in our system, foran a local junior and dce here since 17. So where can you find a 6 or 7 well you cannot.
Hodgkinson I already said he wants to repay faith dogs showed in him, carney manager already said he is happy in france. Maloney a shot as Hastings on horizon.
I would say we will be caught will killer or Mateo at 6 and a young kid elgy or someone of that experience.

There isn't anyone who can replace DCE so we'll just have to modify the game plan around a different level of halfback. I can't recall any previous Manly player, with the exception of Cliffy Lyons, who could do what he did in the first half. (If there's someone I've forgotten I'm sure I'll quickly be reminded.)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8