2016 halves already done and dusted apparently

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Daily Tele......

Manly officials hope the signing of Nate Myles on a $1.5 million contract could sway close mate Daly Cherry-Evans to renege on his deal with Gold Coast and remain at Brookvale.

Myles attracted interest from clubs including the Panthers and the Warriors, but ultimately opted for a three-year deal at the Sea Eagles.

The Titans wanted to retain him but were not prepared to exercise an option in their favour, because it would have triggered a salary increase they were not prepared to foot.

1431582885255.jpg

On the move: Titans forward Nate Myles. Photo: Getty Images

Instead they offered a deal worth just $350,000, which effectively ended any chance of the Maroons forward remaining on the holiday strip.

Sea Eagles powerbrokers have made no secret of their desire to convince Cherry-Evans to backflip on his four-year Titans deal before the round-13 deadline.

While "DCE" said he had every intention of fulfilling the commitment, Manly officials view the recruitment of Myles as a boost to their bid to keep him on board.

Since Cherry-Evans and halves partner Kieran Foran signed for the Gold Coast and Parramatta respectively, player managers have shopped potential halves replacements to Manly.

However, they have been told the Sea Eagles have already bedded down their plans for 2016, raising speculation they are confident of retaining Cherry-Evans. One potential option for next year is shifting Jamie Lyon from the centres to pivot, a role he has played at various times throughout his career.

Myles, who will likely link with Cherry-Evans as part of the Queensland State of Origin side later this month, is relieved to have settled his future.

"I have been extremely humbled by this overall experience and I would like to thank all the clubs that showed interest in having me join them," Myles said. "The decision to leave our home was difficult, however, Manly is a beautiful part of the world, which provides both [wife] Tessa and I the opportunity to continue to develop our careers, relationship and family.

"An important factor in my decision was to play alongside champion players like Jamie Lyon and co, who have created a winning culture within the northern beaches club.

"I will now focus on my role as captain of the Gold Coast Titans, to ensure my final year in Titans colours is a successful one."

Myles will turn 30 in June but the Sea Eagles believe the former Bulldogs and Roosters forward has plenty of good football in him.

"Nate is a quality player with tremendous experience at club, state and Test representative level," Manly coach Geoff Toovey said. "His experience and leadership skills in the front and back rows will be a valuable asset to some of our talented young forwards, including Jake Trbojevic, Josh Starling and Blake Leary to name a few.

"We are very much looking forward to having Nate join our club next season."

Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly said: "To have someone of Nate's impeccable credentials join our club for the next three years is a real coup. Nate's extensive representative experience with both the Kangaroos and the record-setting Queensland State of Origin team will benefit our emerging and exciting playing roster. We look forward to welcoming Nate and Tessa to the Sea Eagles family from November 1, 2015".

So who ever our halves are I guess we just have to wait and find out. Fingers crossed cherry is staying. Happy with Lyon or Snake in the 6.

Don't believe it is sorted why were we after Elgey and Taylor until the Broncos refused release.

Toovey is also on record last week that players will have 2 come from outside the club.

The lurker said today that we don't have enough salary cap to sign both as apparantly Carney wants big bucks to come back and we know DCE will need big money to stay

Keep DCE and promote or find a young gun to slot into 6, in the interim Killer, Potato can fill in .

The lurker said today that we don't have enough salary cap to sign both as apparantly Carney wants big bucks to come back and we know DCE will need big money to stay
I reckon Carney would come relatively cheap, for a chance to get back into the NRL, playing alongside DCE in a competitive outfit.

He is on a big deal overseas I can't see him throwing money away at this stage of his career.
Yeah good point. I guess he may have a point to prove in the NRL though, and while I guess he'll wanna get paid I can't think he'll demand more than $5-600k.

I dunno lol..

I cant wait for June 9 , when we can finally start to enjoy 2015 without this endless speculation. After the first 2 months of this season I am greatful to see 17 guys out there having a real crack at it.

I can't see too many clubs paying his asking price without a promise of not stuffing up again and even if that promise was granted you only need to look back at his time for the raiders, cox and gummies - stuffing up (or pissing in ones own mouth, lol) is almost an art form for Todd, for this reason if he really wants to come back to aus i think he'll have to sign to a reduced deal until trust is gained. On his day he can be quite the player, a touch injury prone and a list of misdemeanors - if the money was right I'd take him in a heartbeat. Its pretty rare to come to manly from another club and not become a better player and person ;)

I know it's the Lurker (so take it with a grain of salt) he said today that if we retain DCE we won't be able to afford Carney. Make of that what you will, just don't shoot the messenger.

Can't imagine NRL would sanction a return for Todd. Especially if we miraculously manage to keep DCE. Secondly why would he come back to absolute last chance NRL for less money - knowing one little slip up (or spurt up) and its the END! Better off focussing on talent within, juniors are pretty talented.

I'd like to see DCE and AshleyTaylor...it probably won't happen but it's affordable.

Chez and Mateo, with some young guys getting a chance when Chez is off on Rep Duties @:cool:

Manly don't need to sign anyone till 1 November. By then a new option may open up due to 'family reasons' or whatever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4